I love Sam Goody...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

because they suck at what they do. Sure, the selection usually sucks, they are overpriced, and they get about three copies on release day, but that pure sucktitude usually means they totally ignore things like street dates, and put stuff out as soon as it comes in.

Like the 20th Anniv. ABC Hellraiser that I picked up yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This isn't the first time this has happened, either. I got The Departed a week before it was supposed to be out.

This ever happen to anyone else?

And no, I haven't watched it yet.

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Is the markup worth seeing it a week before? That's not rhetorical or anything, just wondering.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oooh, nice. I'm getting the Saw Trilogy to put with my Friday the 13th set. This would go nicely there, too.

4. Mr. Jiggles

I guess it depends. That's another thing- they do usually have new releases on sale, which usually comes out to standard price at a bigger store (BB, CC, WM). With Hellraiser, for instance, it came out to about $21, it'll retail for 19 or 20 at the others, plus it saves me the hassle when I'll be busy all day Tuesday.

Guess it depends on the movie. I'd only buy it if it was something I intended on getting anyways. If it is a turd that is out early, it'll be a turd regardless. If HR had rung up full price, I probably would've put it back. I assume that they program the sale price in their systems with an open-end start date.

So it's not just finding anything in advance, it's finding something you want in advance, at a comparable price. That's why I normally wouldn't just go and buy anything straight off the shelf because they are too high.

I think that answered your question...

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Sam Goody blows; they are owned by Bestbuy so if you dont like their prices, they still win cause you'll end up giving them your money.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I thought Sam Goody's was closed down...

Anyways, congratulations. I've never seen the film, it's been hanging out in my Netflix queue for like two years and just hasn't made it to the top yet.

7. Mr. Jiggles

They are gradually morphing the rest into FYE, but it is a slow process. And check the movie out, it is weird, but worth seeing.

Best Buy sold them off awhile ago. They have been owned by Transworld since early '06.