Minor/Repaint: I LIVE AGAIN!!! (And I'm Not Unicron!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by My03Tundra, Jan 17, 2008.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    NOTE: The following custom you are about to see is not a figment of your imagination. It was indeed made from the figure you think it was, and was originally started at a time when the figure/item in question was not in such high-demand. Please, be respectful and comment on the custom itself, not on the figure on which it was based.

With that out of the way, let me introduce a new Alternators figure, PYROCAST!

[​IMG]
    TECH SPEC
    FUNCTION: Pyro-technician
    Motto: “I’ve been burned before. I'm not going to let it happen again.”

STATS:
    Strength: 5
    Intelligence: ?
    Speed: 7
    Endurance: 6
    Courage: 10
    Firepower: 8
    Skill: ?
    [FONT=&quot]

Pyrocast is a very old, ancient, and highly mysterious Autobot who has never shown signs of aging. He doesn’t trust anybody, even other Autobots. In robot mode his body can emit heat in excess of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. Shoots molten metal bolts from wrists, and short-range heat blasts from gun for up to 500 feet. Has very limited flight capabilities in robot mode. Has a weakness to radical temperature changes in robot mode, vehicle mode protects him from this.

BACKSTORY
    Pyrocast was assembled at the same time as A3 (or Alpha Trion). They had a close friendship when Pyrocast was shot in combat against the Quintessons. He was injured due to friendly fire, and blamed the incident on A3. He went into hiding deep within the planet near the core and has learned many secrets about the planet and gained a resistance to high heat and modified his weapons further to be based off of heat and fire.

Pyrocast stayed in isolation for millions of years, never being bothered and never learning to trust anyone. He emerged eons later to discover that not only had he been forgotten by history entirely, but that his beloved planet had changed radically and learned almost all he had cared for at one time had been destroyed, displaced, or forgotten. He opted not to join the Autobot forces on Cybertron, but to seek isolation elsewhere away from his dying planet.

His travels brought him to Earth, where he hides in his newly discovered Earth mode during the day and walks amongst the mountains of the Southwest United States at night. Many Earth children wandering during the night have told tall tales to their parents about a burning giant protecting them and guiding them home.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    During his isolation on Cybertron, he also discovered a forgotten Quintesson relic which he modified and renamed to be the AllStaff. The AllStaff can inflict great physical pain on it's victim, yet it's greatest power is the damage it can do to the mind. The AllStaff implants microscopic robots that quickly transfer to the brain. Once there they destroy the pathways to all other systems, literally suffocating the mind and killing the victim. This is a great weapon that he only uses as a last resort.
    [/FONT]

[​IMG]
    With the AllStaff

[​IMG]
    Offset racing stripe

[​IMG]
    With Tracks for comparison

2. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

what did you use to get that nice gloss finish? future? ohh and which colour and paint was it? it looks like it came out of the factory.

3. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    It did come out of the factory... I didn't repaint the original Swerve mold, as I don't have the full resources right now to do so. That "gloss" is likely due to the flash being used on the camera.

4. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    And, again, yes he is based off of Swerve. I know I'm going to get SOME flack for that...

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice. simple, but your bio really gives him character.

6. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Dude, don't sweat it, if we all worried about what these MIGHT be worth at the time none of the awesome customs we've seen on these boards would have been done. Great work!!!:thumbs2: 

7. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I literally pulled the Swerve based figure out of a storage bin in my closet looking for parts for another project. On a whim I pulled him out and finished him up and gave the character some, well, character.

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Damn, Pyrocast is one bot, you dont want to mess with. nice bio and everything.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've never paid much attention to the swerve figure, so aside from the head, the stripe, and the weapon, did you do anything else to him?

10. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Tinted the windows further on his chest piece, painted the full chest, swapped out the wrist guns from another Tracks (along with his missiles), added detail to his legs and that is about it. Oh. and although a picture of it is missing, his license plate says "Marlboro." I thought since Pyrocast is a fire based figure, that it would be a touch of irony. His chest emblem if you noticed is an "Ancient Autobot" emblem (THANK YOU DELTA!), and he has a modern one on the lower right of his abdominal area.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's badass,

i don't really like like Swerve's head but tracks head on Swerve Body is badass.

12. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Thanks!

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow!!.....

The bio really is something....I actaully enjoyed reading it...good job on that :thumb 

The Custom itself looks great!...I love what you did with Tracks' head...the Ancient symbol and the offset racing stripe really set it off....good job :thumb 

Now, I want it.....:D 

14. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

my noobness is showing again. i don't know much about ancient autobots, (actually nothing) but after reading that bio damn! i have a project coming up which might get tied to this character. :D 

15. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Wait until I get my Civic custom finished...

I'm CONSIDERING actually PAINTING on racing stripes AND doing some pinstripe work.

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    go for it. I painted the stripes on motormaster and classics deadend, with good results, just make sure your mask is down good :) 

17. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That's a sweet custom. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my Swerve cuz I'm not a fan of random g1 names on repaints.

I also really liked the back story and bio you wrote.

Just cuz it's rare now doesn't give anyone the right to ding you for customizing it. Heck I'm considering customizing kiss rodimus

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Offset racing stripe FTW! Now my Wildrider isn't alone!

19. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I like offset stripes a lot and I've done them on two customs now. I have the Civic figure I'm working on now and I'm VERY limited on my available painting resources.

I can't do a full-on repaint right now, or until it at least warms up, but I have a Decepticharge custom I'd like to repaint along with other figures.

Generally the painting I do involves Sharpie paint pens (and they work well, for the most part), enamel markers and the automotive pinstripe material I have.

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I have some paint pens that are fantastic.