I liked it, Friends Hated it

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Omegax80, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Well, I took a bunch of my friends last night, and two of my friends proceeded to (right after the credits) tell me how much they did not like the movie because of:

Skids & Mudflap - Which I did agree with. These guys were way too over the top. I don't mean with what they said, but there was too much dumb dialogue between the two.

Stupid Comedy - Yeah, nutshots, mom getting stoned scene going way too long....etc..

Leo, Sam's roomate... Way too whiny.

But otherwise a great story, effects, but yet.. they ignored these things just because of the above things in the movie bothered them so much that they did not like the movie. Which sucks, because it gets me down, because they know I enjoyed it and this is "my midnight movie" whereas theirs were/are Indiana Jones and GI Joe.

It was just frustrating because, they didn't care that they just proceeded to bash the movie, second after it ended. I said I thought it was great, and right away they tell me it sucked.

I admit, the Twins were quite annoying, they were funny for the first twenty minutes, but their jokes repeated themselves over and over. Wheelie talking like an Italian? Oooook....

I think the Autobots had "too much" personality. Like in the first movie they had their personas and that was it. Now it seemed like it was gimmicked. Sideswipe and Jolt seemed the most normal.

Jetfire was cool, but of course my friends hated the "Old Man Robot" gimmick.

But all those things aside, I pointed out the story was good and the action sequences were fun to watch. BUT, they said the stuff they didn't like made them not like the movie. So, yeah. I am crazy thinking that perhaps next time I should choose some other friends to go with?

2. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

when someone is passionate about something, those around him either gain the same enthusiasm or become haters. yes, there were some things wrong with the movie, but it is impossible for someone to watch it and not get some enjoyment out of the pure action involved. hollywood is full of gimmicks and stereotypes--transformers is no better. that said, if your friends applied the same standards to indiana jones/gi joe, they should've/will find things wrong in those movies as well. in which case they should stick to dramas and documentaries =P

another option is to see it again with some better friends. leave the h8rs at home and roll out with some true bros

3. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

When the first movie came out I went with a buddy. I was the fan. He asked me if I liked the movie and I did not and proceeded to point out the things that annoyed me. I will see the movie tonight with another bud. By what I read I don't expect that I will like this movie either, but I know I will enjoy seeing the robots.

About your friends not liking it, don't worry about it. For one they were honest with you and secondly in a little while you won't care, but this moment will form you in some way. I hear you on at least being polite because that is important. I hope they were. Let them be honest though.

Honestly, I didn't like the last Indiana Jones and I don't like what G.I. Joe looks like so far and I might not see it. But I'm about to go to a movie filled with things that I know I won't enjoy because there are other things that I will, so what can I say. Enjoy what you can.

4. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw it at midnight last night, I think its possibly worse than the first, but still
    enjoyed it. A lot of the non-fans I know liked it.
    I dunno maybe Animated ruined this for me.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you force the friends to go? Usually when I do that, they come out of the room just as grumpy as they entered.

6. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I hear ya. Sound's like the plan for Transformers 3: Return of Sanity

I don't mind if they are honest, but it was right after they asked me if I liked it, and I said I did, to which they replied "We thought it sucked." In the context and timing, it came across as pretty a-hole-like. Another friend with us, said it wasn't as great as the first, but he enjoyed it and thought it to be entertaining.

Nope, this is a tradition. Each of us have "That Movie" which we go to the midnight showing. One guy was Indy, another was Potter, mine is Transformers. The Indiana Jones movie wasn't that great, but I didnt blast him with "it sucks." I just said it was ok, but it was entertaining.

Lesson learned for me.