2D Artwork: I like Toxitron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Spark, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Spark

Spark General Electric

So there's Toxitron and there's my sketch, now there're colors in two versions:

[​IMG]
    (Busy - Toxitron in his natural environment, Transformers Hell.)

[​IMG]
    (Less Busy)

I embellished a little. I tried to move this guy far, faaaar away from Optimus Prime in terms of looks. The green and purple certainly helped though. He's been dirtied up a good bit, which is me just messing around with different brushes and techniques. The slime's definitely the fun part, and designing some chest and shoulder stickers for the guy (they're not clear, but they're molecular models).

Dude needs a lovingly half-assed bio, too. Let's set it in Universe since that line is returning.

Toxitron
    "Everything is fuel for the fires."
    Function: Maintenance

Toxitron is a chattering, clattering monstrocity that has dwelled in the deepest depths of Unicron for eons since being plucked from his own universe. A brilliant chemist in his own time, Toxitron became fascinated by the digestive mechanisms of Unicron. However, he became the victim of Unicron's nigh unavoidable corrosive processes. Driven mad by the constant wasting away of his body, Toxitron's only way to slow the process is to devour the unlucky denizens of Unicron that might find themselves in the wrong place at the right time.

Yeah, I'll write a better one when I come up with it. Preferably something that mentions why the hell he looks like Prime.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's wicked.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    im looking at that and i have britney spears 'toxic' playing in my head, sorry.

4. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tha tis soo wicked.. I wish that toy came out now.

5. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Wow, that is wicked sick! :thumb 

Although when I glanced over the thread title, it read "Lolitron" to me... o_O 

I am not right in the head.

6. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

nce work on the pic mate. it looks like an emaciated optimus on ice lol. but i like it. its like optimus before rehab!!!

7. Spark

Spark General Electric

Here's a question:
    Can everyone see them okay? I've been having some server hiccups today and it's driving me a little nuts.

8. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't see them,

Keep getting "The Web page you have requested is not currently available. Please note that due to Clemson University's recent Web site redesign, there are numerous pages using new destinations. This will cause some broken links for the immediate future. Use the search function to find updated URL's, and be sure to update your bookmarks."

9. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    that is awesome work man....i kinda hope that hasbro will change there mind now

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Since everything and anything new that's not Animated-related will wind up under the UNIVERSE banner, I see no reason why Hasbro cannot slip this guy in the new UNIVERSE line and sell him to us. Heck, even as a store exclusive. I'd DEFINITELY buy this guy.
    Because...
    I missed out on the ToysRus Exclusive R.I.D. Scourge! :cry 
    I want another chance to own this mold!

Rhode Island TRU's did not get many of them in to begin with. And at the time, I was too short to reach the very top shelf where they were all hidden behind the flip up banners. I never saw them out on lower shelf displays.

Well, at least I got the Spychanger of R.I.D. Scourge.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. VERY nice work. I hated Toxitron until about one minute ago.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dig it, especially the less-busy version. His pose kinda evokes the Evangelion with the similar color scheme--very creepy.

13. Spark

Spark General Electric

I'd really like to have the guy just because I have a taste for the ridiculous. It'd be nice if the Fan Club released like a Spychanger Scourge in those colors just as a throwaway or something.

Other ideas I batted around in terms of bio, if you all are interested (all in Universe, hence Unicron all over):
    -Leader of the evil Autobots abducted by Unicron who's just a walking container of gooey doom and always has been.
    -A psycho Decepticon living in the depths of Unicron who is obsessed with becoming Optimus Prime and devours any persons he comes across so he can use their parts to continue his "evolution" into "Prime".
    -Unicron's maintenance crew (a la Nemesis Prime); There are many, they live around the smelting pools that handle Unicron's digestion, and look like Prime to sucker in and eat lost Autobots to keep them from interfering with the digestive process.
    -(My least liked) An alternate RiD Scourge wherein the scanned tanker didn't contain rocket fuel, but nuclear run-off. He's suitably twisted, albeit remarkably driven to succeed. He'd also be continually losing limbs and reattaching them.

Also...

Fun Fact #1: I originally sketched this up as a header for a "Toxitron's Tales of Terror" one pager (a la the Crypt Keeper, with Toxitron picking up a half-eaten Autobot arm or something, then kicking off the story), hence the rectangular format. I didn't have any good story ideas worth putting to paper, unfortunately.

Fun Fact #2: This image took me longer to do from start to finish than anything I've ever posted here, even far outpacing the one-shots. MUST WORK FASTER.