I Like The New Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I think the new Wheeljack is one of the best TFP characters yet. Some might complain that he's nothing like the old Wheeljack, but I like this new version much better. I think he is now my second favorite character. Can't decide who my first fav is. It's a tossup between Arcee, Ratchet, and Prime. I'm only putting Prime in the mix because he's......well Prime. But this new Wheeljack is just so full of character and attitude. Who here likes the new version as well as or better than the old one?

2. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I like him a ton. I mean swords and being part of the wreckers.. To raw. I must of said "holy shit" about 15 times watching that ep ^^

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like everything about him except his run cycle.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Easily, but they haven't set the bar too high just yet.

I rate him above Soundwave, Arcee, Skyquake, Miko, and Raf.

Below Starscream, Bulkhead, Ratchet and Megatron.

On a par with Cliffjumper and Prime.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I don't hate him. But I don't know if I really care for him as Wheeljack. And I'm no G1 puritan, either. But he just didn't feel enough like Wheeljack to me.

I don't think he's the best character of the show. He's probably the most badass character on the show. But to me that doesn't make him the best character.

I think for most people its a cross between Arcee and Ratchet for best character on the show.
    Me personally, I'm starting to really dig Bulkhead.

6. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    yup, I absolutely love Bulkhead.

Wheeljack? Hmmm... I have not warmed up to him yet.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me best character gotta be either Megatron or Bulkhead

DAARRRRK ENERJOHHHNN!!!

8. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack should of been Springer, I really didn't like the badass Wheeljack. I rather him be the scientist he always was.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I liked him too, loved his use of Samurai swords [the action scenes of him against the Drones and Driftjack were awesome], though the G1 Wheeljack character was also pretty cool.

But this one is just so badass that you can't help but like the guy.

My opinion exactly [even on the "holy shit" part].

But on a 1 to 10 list of best characters [0 being a sucky character 10 being the best character in the show], I would rank things like this:

Optimus Prime - 7.
    Arcee - 7.
    Bumblebee - 6.
    Bulkhead - 8.
    Megatron - 7.
    Starscream - 9.
    Soundwave - 8.
    Ratchet - 10.
    Wheeljack - 9.
    SkyQuake - 7.
    Cliffjumper - 7.

10. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I love him to death, though the original Wheeljack is still my favorite, and my favorite Prime character is still Ratchet, easily. Followed by Arcee.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Agreed. That was one of the few times where I was kind of taken out of the episode momentarily (granted, only for like 2.3 seconds), with the other being Bulkhead's super fast "running" in Darkness Rising Part 3. The animation is getting better and better every episode, and I am continually impressed. But when Wheeljack started to run, I said: "Wait. What? Why's he... that looks kind of...oh whatever." I forgave the choppiness/not-fluidity of it because everything else seemed fine.

But back on topic, yes, I like this version too. G1 in appearance, but a completely different character, which I, for one, welcome with open arms. :D  The little tidbit about him and Bulkhead being part of The Wreckers was a very nice touch too. I just wish we could've seen his Earth vehicle mode. :( 

12. Epic

Epic Well-Known Member

I really liked the new take on Wheeljack.
    That said I agree that just because he is super bad ass,not necessarily the best.
    I have a particular fondness for the world weary ratchet. Maybe one day we'll see his vehicle mode.

Looking forward to the toy line.

13. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I thought getting 3 of the Generations Wheeljack was a lot, but I'm probably going to get 10 of this guy when he comes out.

1 for my bedroom, 1 for my computer desk, 1 for my wife's work desk, and the rest for my cubicle, all facing different directions.

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the old G1 Wheeljack. But this new Wheeljack is totally different.

15. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I like him already. He was a cool character.

Don't need to explain why he is cool. Maybe its because I'm a Drift fan? LOL

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I am content with no ears lighting up, but I'm slightly disappointed in the lack of a Jersey accent, but more disappointed that we haven't seen him be techno-efficient (if he is or isn't remains to be seen). I am totally fine with him being a Wrecker, though.

17. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Maybe they will introduce a character called "Drift" who is a wacky engineer whose creations keep backfiring on him....................

18. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

He looks cool but I wanna see what Makeshift looks like when he's not disguised, cause just his silhouette looked awesome.

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the new Wheeljack probably likes you to.

20. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Con Job is the best episode so far.

And the completely new take on wheeljack was refreshing.

Thinking about it, G1 wheeljack might have been to much for the show, we have a eccentric scientific medic with ratchet already.

Take that we referenced the wreckers and darkmount pass makes the hardcore G1 fans Smile.

There was a lot of action from him and everything he said sounded like how I imagined roadbuster would sound. And wheeljack has a generations toy coming up.

Its nice how they did'nt close him off from returning. In fact bulkhead noted it was one of jackie's character traits, he never stays but he'll be back.

One shot, One grenade that's Jacks Signature.

Makeshift was a pretty neat new decepticon concept. I think the name has been used for minicons before this.

Though I should point out that bit where makeshift has to shoot a eradicon to keep up appearances. That was pretty dark if you think about it. Makeshift and that guy were probably hanging out in starscream's breakroom a hour earlier. And now as part of the mission makeshift has to kill some decepticons to gain trust. Makeshift was pretty awesome. And the way the Animators used the eyes when bulkhead caught his lies was really nice.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011