I like the look of this figure :)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kittie Rose, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

2. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Its carded so it is a Deluxe.

Voyagers are boxed and a bit taller in robot mode. Previously they where called "Mega".

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it's a deluxe. he's not that posable, and has a quirky design because of the line's "every autobot combines" gimmick. I wish he was as cool as the box art would lead you to believe.

http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act193/

4. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Aww, that sucks. Besides the Cybetron Excillion figure, are there any other cool new takes on Hot Rod?

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's the Classics one that's literally weeks away from release. He's an actual Hot Rod update unlike Rodimus and Excillion (the former was meant to be Rodimus Prime, hence he's a truck, the latter a repaint of the admittedly Hot Rod inspired Hot Shot).
    You've also got the Kissplay Ford GT Hot Rodimus coming up. He's a repaint of Mirage and he looks absolutely killer.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    well, classics rodimus is pretty damn cool. bwtf.com just did a review of him.

If you can leave out the word "cool", there's always powerlinx hot shot from armada. he was named hot rod in japan after all.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Despite his lack of posability, I think that Energon Rodimus is still a fun toy.

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I really like Energon Rodimus. It's very nice looking, can combine with other Autobots with the same powerlink gimmick, and it's a new mold and not a repaint of Hot Shot like Armada. I have all the Hot Rod repaints from RiD and eagerly waiting for Classics Hot Rod and Kissme Hot Rod. Both will look great in my Hot Rod collection.

9. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

I might get him anyway. Still looks kind of cool. Not loving the mid hinge though.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Rodimus is a great figure IMO. I have the US version, and the exclusive Takara black repaint of him.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'd reccomend him. As long as you keep in mind, he's from the Energon series - the design then wasn't quite as good (although close) as what we've seen in Cybertron.

It might not be a bad idea to pick up another Energon Deluxe (autobot) to combine with him, cause that's fun, too. I'd reccomend either Energon Prowl or Hot Shot.

12. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Rodimus is a cool fgure, but only in robot mode. As many Autobots from Energon/Superlink since he's desiged to be combined he lose a bit of proportions. He is better to be used as legs in a combination.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you're going for combining with Rodimus, Hot Shot makes a great upper torso, although Inferno is also a good one (I prefer his Roadblock remold, certain elements of the design don't work on his firetruck mode as well as they do on the constructibot mode).
    For legs, nothing beats Prowl. He's the best lower torso bot in the whole line, IMO.

14. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

energon rodimus is the whole reason i started recollecting after the house fire took all my old bots.... his big legs and skinny torso are kinda funny looking...but over all hes a great guy...well worth having ibn your collection...plus his alt mode is spiffy.... the combining gimmick is alright, nd he looks good with energon inferno

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rodimus looks great when he's the torso and Inferno is the legs.:thumb 

16. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    Yeah I hate over gimmicked tfs but this one is fairly good.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should take a peek at my Hot Rod shelf (link in my sig), I've got nearly every version and homage to him that they've made. Energon Rodimus is a pretty cool figure, though more for looks. He actually looks pretty good powerlinked to himself too. RID Side Burn had a repaint that was a red Viper with a great flame job. Good homage in car mode, but it got lost in bot mode. Cyb Excellion is great, and with a few extra paint apps (some silver on the arm pipes, gray on the shoulders) he looks even better.

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting the Japanese black repaint of Energon Rodimus but it's hard to find it on Ebay. Anybody know which is more expensive. That or black G1 Hot Rod? I may get one of the two one day.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Uhm....besides the limited movement of the head whats not poseable about Energon Rodimus? Even with the gigantic goofy legs, he still has shoulder, elbow, hip, toe and knee articulation

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    his legs are so huge that it's hard for him to balance in any position that isnt standing. you also have to fold his waist-piece up to get his legs to bend at the hip, which looks retarded.