"I like big GUNS and I cannot lie!" - A thread to discuss/suggest "badassed" TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    [​IMG]

I tried to be as straightforward as I could in the thread title, so sorry if it's not what it seems in advance, but I think I did well, so here's hoping:

Basically, I got Hardhead and the hothead heardrobot kit in the mail today. Simply put: I'm in love. I put him behind Warbot on one of my classics autobot shelves and it got me to thinking about City Commander to the point where I almost took city Commander off of my repaints case to set him over there too.

And I realized... I just love bigassed, badassed classics styled TFs with big guns and just that "come get some" demanor!

So, what are some just big, badassed, TFs that you like? I'd love to add some more to the shelves. I ordered a Mugen Calibur too to ill in as roadbuster and see what BFGs I can load his ass up with!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why is city commander on the repaints case? lol
    hardhead is on that list, getting him for christmas with the add ons was great

fort max has a lot of guns...but for big and badass, i would have to go with overlord, followed by victory saber

3. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Yeah, a proper Voyager-Class Roadbuster would make my day. It seems that lately Hasbro's been giving us a lot of comics-prominent characters, I think it could happen. It'd be great to get a Blaster, too. Then I could do this:

[​IMG]

The Hardhead upgrade was great, as is the new Cliffjumper upgrade kit. Combine Hardhead, Roadbuster, and Cliff with Warpath, and that's pretty much the characters I associate ridiculous, heavy weaponry with. In terms of straight-up bad assery, though, it'd be great to get a Scout-or-short-Deluxe Brawn sometime, and a IDW-styled psycho Arcee..

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    My brother and I realized that Armada Prime's gun is HUGE when you really think about it. Bruticus Maximus has enormous weapons too if you get the upgrade. City Commander, of course. Cybertron Prime has enormous weapons too. Original Omega Supreme's arm is a cannon, pretty big. All I can think of off the top of my head...

5. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    i know it's obvious, but MP megatron's arm cannon is ridiculous

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love Movie Leader Brawl when it comes to the badass department. He doesn't come with unusually large guns, but he's armed to the teeth with weapons and is big and bad. I picked up him and the Deep Desert repaint.

RotF Buster Prime fits the bill too, for me. The sizable transforming cannon to go with the swords always makes me think of the forest battle in RotF. One of the guns from the Gear of War 2 set makes a nice rifle with that Amazon Japan Black Optimus Prime redeco too.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Because he's next to D.I.A. and Shadow Commander.

8. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

God Ginrai is very heavily armed. He even has guns mounted on his legs!

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Does it have to be big?

If so,

Armada full combine OP; Cybertron prime,

10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Nice! I wish Ginrai were more poseable, even for a G1 figure. That's the only reason I haven't started collecting that mold.

And Exomega, no on having to be big, but, I just throught about those two on my shelf... and yea, they're pretty frickin' stacked!

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    My armada prime is extra stacked; if you have minicon weapons, you can really go crazy on him. Overload has like 10 ports on those shoulder cannons.

12. Darkman20xx

Darkman20xx Well-Known Member

Universe Toys R Us Exclusive Countdown. Has a BFG and a freakin huge ass Nuke on his shoulder. Nuff said. I win LOL

13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe Onslaught would be the most-badassed of them all if not for his tiny wrist blaster.

So I made him a bigger gun :D 

[​IMG]

And now he can actually use his shield properly!

[​IMG]

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Nice. Yea I have the Prime, overload, jetfire setup on the shelf, but never noticed minicon ports on him before. I'll have to check that out!

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    He has at least one on each side of each cannon (4 total), and I believe 2 more near the rear of the cannons or the top of it (2), and a few more on the backpack portion. I stuck like 30 minicons on the combination xD he kinda looks a bit ridicious, but its how I am "displaying" my minicons while space is limited.

16. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

What if a girl walks in wit' a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face?

Would you get sprung?

17. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

Any DOTM figure with MechTech weapons. /thread

Animated Leader Ultra Magnus doesn't have a particular big gun (tough his vehicle mode cannons are pretty big), but he has so many of them, it makes him a total badass anyway. He has all those shoulder cannons AND a huge hammer.

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I don't have Armada Prime, but I would agree with Overload that is possibly one of the larger sets. Also, Metroplex if using the Scramble City units with weapons, Cybertron Optimus with Wing Saber, Lio Prime, and the backpack (that's how I have mine setup), Recon Ironhide (at least 20 hard points to put 5mm clip weapons onto, on top of the multiple weapon hard points) and several of the PCC minicons all put together. Countdown would also count, but really, the BFG award has to go to City Commander with the PE sets. Generations Optimus also wins for how many peg points he has (you can load him down). Also, Armada Megatron with Tidal Wave, that combo gives you a HUGE cannon plus several Minicon points, and missiles, and turrets.

^ Oh yeah, definitely Animated UM wins on the Animated with weapons front.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    OH, one more AWESOME bot: Cybertron Metroplex. That guy alone can hold 14 minicons. And he is HUGE.

20. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, I love the Cybertron Defense Scattorshot mold for "Big and Armed to the Teeth".

This pic doesn't do it justice, but the cannons on the side both open up to reveal more guns, and it's a decent sized voyager toy as well. Universe Dropshot and Overload are repaints of it, and all relatively cheap.

[​IMG]