I know this isn't Yahoo Answers but...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Surge, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Okay, I hate Yahoo Answers so I thought I'd ask a video game related question here.

My aunt's friend is trying to sell my Wii on eBay but it's not doing so good. So, when I get it back, is it possible I could trade my Wii (used) for a used Xbox 360 at GameStop? I have 5 games that I want to sell with it (3 Wii and 2 GC) and I also have $140 worth of downloaded Virtual Console games in the system.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Not going to get enough for that. They don't care about the VC games. Best thing to do is call and ask them how much credit you'll get for it. I guess about $160 for the system. Also, due to the RROD you probably want to get a new 360.

3. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I knew it. I fucking knew it. God damn rip-off stores. I'm just so damn desperate to sell this Wii so I can get a 360; online gaming is my main interest and I know the 360 specializes in this. Plus I want to get the Transformers ROTF game and Halo 3 so I can play against my cousin online but noooooo, no one on eBay is willing to bid higher than 200. I'll never get a goddamn Xbox 360. Never. :mad 

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Get a job and buy one? Not being a dick but I own both systems and I paid for them. I bought my Gamecube before that, and my 64 before that. Even before that I saved my allowances to get a Sega.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    For your information, I can't get a job. Yet. Well, I will have a job at school with the Special Ed kids but I'll only be making 50 dollar paychecks and I need smokes. I know I know, I should quit but it's pretty difficult to even think about that. When I graduate, my mom's sending me to Volk Rehab or whatever it's called, where they will help me find a job; but first, I gotta go through months of training because my mom's in the same program. Plus I have extremely poor people skills, can't make eye contact, and get very claustrophobic around crowds. Part of my disorder. *sigh* I'll just see what I can do on my birthday. :( 

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ebay is the only place those VC games will matter. gamestop would wipe them from the system, and they'd be gone forever.

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

If you want an xbox bad enough, quit the smokes and save.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You came to us searching for an honest, intelligent answer. Here's your honest, intelligent answer:

- Do some personal research and determine a good price for your bundled Wii + VC games + Wii games. Then, be prepared to sell it for somewhere between that price and 20% off the price.

- Find extra money to fill the gap between the price of the Wii and the Xbox 360. You have to determine what sacrifices you need to make in order to afford the system. A $300 system, minus, let's say $160 for the Wii + games, leaves you with $140 left to pay. How you come up with that is your business; hold off on the smoking, sell some transformers, sell some other video games, whatever. As a product of this materialistic generation, I'm sure you can muster up $140 worth of disposable commodities that you could sell off.

- Voila; you have enough to buy an Xbox 360. Go hog wild.

EDIT: Wifey says you could get one of those jobs standing outside of a store with a "going out of business" sign. That pays a lot, right now.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't be so negative! Use this situation to learn all about patience! It's an important skill to have in life.

10. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Quit the smokes!

11. llamatron

News Credits:
    Calm down, you sound like you need a cigarette!

12. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

My advice is that if this disorder affects your employment prospects that much within face to face/crowd environments, there's always tech support, phone sales, office clerks - something with minimal contact with customers. Maybe work from home schemes? :cool: 
    That aside, save what you can or sell something you could do without, patience is golden, but so is your health.
    I don't know what people see in smoking and I hate to preach, but the sooner you realise what you'd save if you quit smoking - everything - versus what you get out of smoking - nothing - the better you will feel both physically and financially. :thumbs2: 

13. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    As much as I hate to admit it....this post made me laugh. :lol 

And I think I'll take your advice on patience as well; I'm not one of those people who feels the need to get the newest console. So, in about four years, if there's a new Xbox system, I'm still gonna get a 360 no matter what.

14. llamatron

News Credits:
    Good idea, I'm normally about a generation behind on consoles, works out much cheaper that way.

15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

patience. quit smoking. its not cool. it doesnt make you look cool. or older and youll get sick and half your jaw removed when your 23.

that said. patience. a lot of people here will be playing Rotf for a while. and game systems arent gonna disappear.

and do get a NEW 360. get the warranty. because its not IF you get rrod. its when. its just how it goes.

16. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

Ripoff stores? Why the hell would you think that a Wii was worth the same a 360? If you really want one you will quit making excuses or trying to scam your way into one and earn it like a man.

Become a gigolo.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and then you won't be the only one smoking :D 

18. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I take it you're kind of like this:

[​IMG]

19. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

this thread is a classic!

20. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    lmao, Yeah, that's pretty much me. :lol  I wait for price drops because they're so expensive at first.