I know this is a chance in a million, but

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stune, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking at some art for the now defunct TransTech series that would have followed Beast Machines, and I noticed something.

Here's the art for Optimus Prime,

http://tfarchive.com/fandom/transtech/?dgallery_show=original/OP02.jpg

I then realized I saw something that looked vaguely similar a few days ago here on TFW.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=24774

Yeah. I'm making the suggestion that either there's a Prototype Optimus Prime Transtech figure out there somewhere, or even the greater suggestion that Hasbro is possibly reviving TransTech for a new series or toyline. Could even just be a new figure for Universe or something even if this is true, but still. I'm not saying this is fact, it's just a suggestion.

Edit: I just saw some of the responses on the actual thread. I guess I'm a little late XD.

2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Why? Oh why? Why the hell did we get the craptastic pile of crapness that was Armada over this? I've never seen this TransTech stuff before, but damn, those designs look amazing!

I'd love to see some toys made of those...but maybe shorten Prime's arms a bit first.

3. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    transtech toys would be the shitttttt. so fucking complex tho

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So complex?
    You looked at a RotF Prime lately?

I wouldn't care so much for complexity if i could just buy 1 for each mode and leave em on the shelf.

;) 

5. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i wouldn't mind seeing this come out :D 

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm totally in favour of Hasbro releasing the already designed Transtech toys in Universe. It'd add some variety to the line without eating up extra development costs.

Having said that, I'd be totally against Hasbro doing Transtech as the next show. But I can kinda see it happening if they need to throw something together in a hurry. They have all that stuff just lying around.

It's too 'out there' for me, and I don't like how gappy the alt modes are.

The big difference between this, and the Transtech Optimus design, is Transtech Ops has a big gorilla face on his alt mode. I guess it's a hangover from the aftermath of Beastwars. Trukk and Munky.

I think it's most likely that the grey proto is from the next TF show. It seems to incorporate Transtech ideas with TFA simplification. Interesting to see how this pans out.

7. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

Those are very cool designs. I would buy this line over the current movie garbage even if I needed the help of a physicist, and mathematician, and a nuclear scientist just to transform it!! Of course if I needed that much help, well, maybe I should get a new hobby.

I really do like the sleek futuristic look of the prime, and the head and arms sure do look like a Beast Whatever throwback. I don't mind that too much, but have to agree with rob_charb on the shortening of the arms however.

I think this model would look out of place in the Universe line, and more in so in Animated.

End of Line

8. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    ya know thats actually pretty fitting wouldnt suprise me if Hasbro does do that for the next show