I know that I'm going out on a far limb here...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Jul 4, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    But I honestly believe that Bumblebee should have been killed.
    After Wheeljack is executed, Bumble bee is up next. Soundwave approaches from behind, placing his gun to the back of Bumblebees head. Bumblebee looks Sam dead in the eye... kinda gives him a nod. And a tear runs down Sams cheek.
    And then, as usual, Bumblebee prevails, killing Soundwave.
    I know that it would be the "I watched Prime die in the eighties!" of our generation, but I think it would have really emphasized just how much darker the movie's tone was. It was all there... Bumblebee said a heartfelt goodbye to Sam by the Xanthium, and then that eye contact right then when Soundwave is about to kill him was enough, he had his closure, his story had come full circle, it should have happened...

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

no.

ironhide was enough.

bee didnt need to go out execution style.

i bet a lot of people thought he might get whacked right there though. it was a really sad moment.

3. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

no, i don't think so.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I would like to have him dying on that scene. But him surviving was also nice.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I mean, how nice and emotional would it have been? One of the only truly consistent things throughout the trilogy is a boy and his car... I think it would have truly brought an end to the trilogy proper if Bumblebee bit it. Cause you know, then it is over. And you know it...

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is sacred ground. Didn't even bite the dust in the 86 movie, so his chances of survival were good. Also, it would really be killing the cash cow.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    He's been a cash cow for three movies, I'm sure they've sold thousands of BB toys before the movie came out, and you know, if he died, I'm sure they'd still sell thousands more.

8. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

Wow yea the kids would go nuts similar to how my big brother got when OP died in 86' if only I was born to,see it

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree he shouldn't go out execution-style, but I do think it would've had a serious impact if Bumblebee did get killed. Keep the scene as it is now, with Bee and Soundwave seeing the ship crashing. However, the 'Con soldiers should open fire and tear Bee down as he tries to fight back, with the finishing blow coming from Soundwave. Then either have Soundwave survive and escape the battle alive, or have him get killed by Ratchet. Give the old doc something to do for once.

10. chillycheif

chillycheif autobot funny guy

yea he should die but be revived by the matrix and become goldbug or cliffjumper could just becomes sam's new car

but for real he shoudl'nt that would be carzy

11. SONICDEBEZT

SONICDEBEZT DESTROYER OF WORLDS

News Credits:
    they took ironhide and que what more do you want !!!!!!:cry :cry :cry 

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I could go either way.

13. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    No. They did was should have been done: not kill him.

14. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    That is exactly why they shouldn't do it. People like that connection of the two characters. Having Ironhide, Q and Bumblebee die would be stupid.

15. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

I garun damm tee they thought about it . Ironhide going out in a random pissed off moment was one thing but taking out bumblebee like that would carve this movie into the brains of kids just like the 86 one did . Too harsh sure but I'm 100% sure there was some mustache twirling over it

16. parraman

parraman IRONHIDE FTW!

I would have been fine with Bumblebee dying but I think if he had to go down he should have been protecting Sam.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    There wasn't a chance in Hell that Bumblebee was going to die. Period. Yes, he's been a cash cow for three movies but if the death of Optimus Prime in the original movie proved anything; it's that the death of one of the best remembered characters that the kids really like will negatively impact the brand as a whole. And since Bumblebee's Leader Class is one of the first figures on the shelves, retailers want that thing to sell and killing off Bumblebee tends to hurt toy sales of that well-known character.

Plus, Bumblebee is still a Chevy Camaro, and Chevy wasn't going to have their new reinvented Camaro get killed off, not when they're still promoting the new Bumblebee version of the real car. Ironhide could get killed off because they stopped making the Ironhide Topkick (and the Topkick in general) a while back. As for Que/Wheeljack...well, he didn't really DO anything except be the plot device that provides the explosives and get shot, which is in a similar vein to the whole point of Sideways and being the Audi R8 (brief product placement).

18. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Killing BBee would have been like killing Lassie. Could you imagine the amount of angry letters from parents with traumatized kids.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this - it would be 1986 all over again.
    Killing Bee just because you don't like his popularity among the kids? Not cool! :lol 

20. Gill Hustle 617

Gill Hustle 617 Member

Ironhides' death (that one hit me) and the Twins (Exetended cut please) did the job imo.

Q's , while he had a minor role in this film was "sad" enough.