I know no one likes Energon but...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Takao, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I liked the comic - ish - but it wasn't quite as good as the Armada comic had been.

And I liked the show slightly better as Super Link - not least since they actually called him Rodimus Convoy!

2. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Watching it now out of pure boredom more than anything....and Compared to Cybertron's early episodes it is pretty good from the start...now it's getting boring around the 4th-5th disk.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i won't even botheer wasting my christmas money on that p.o.s.

why should i bother owing that particuler series in the offical sense when i already own a unnoficial bootleg copy of the series that actually has episode 33 scorpoks scars subtitled in english in addition to that set also having all the other episodes subtitled in english plus the original japanese script for each episode

unnoficial or not i aint ashamed of the fact that i own a bootleg copy that actually has better bonus features then the official set does

hasbro had its chance and they blew it when it comes to their releasing energon asa series to own on dvd

4. AMG

AMG Old School

I don't dislike the series, but it definitely doesn't stand out like some others do to me. I may pick it up at some point. Shockblast & Rodimus are pretty cool characters.

5. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Watching it now has already made me have a frenzy to get Shockblast and Rodimus....

Still I wonder why everyone just hates Energon so much?

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's a really boring cartoon that's really badly dubbed in english. Not bad acting (the voice actors, particularly poor Garry Chalk and David Kaye, try their best with what they had), but bad translation and scripting.

GET IN THE SHIP!

7. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I started Energon a few days ago, and while I am only on episode 15 it just isn't that good so far. And this is coming from someone who liked Armada and RID (the other Animeish ones I have seen, Cybertron will be after Energon).

8. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I thought the show wasn't that bad.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i'd rather buy the cybertron dvd, but cybertron is $60 for no bonus feature i'd expected it to be $35....energon had some interesting charecters like inferno and Shockblast but they rarely got screentime.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm getting mine from Amazon. Energon has a least has good memory with it. It was on when Cartoon Network had a great Saturday night line up. Samuri Jack, Justice League etc, instead of the most of the crap that passes for cartoons these days on Cartoon Network.

11. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Funny thing, just was going through my boxes of items, and finding the bubble packaging for my Energon characters, I found the little mini comics that were packed in with them. The catalog of course is par for the course, but the comic translated into three languages still makes me 1: get dizzy trying to read one bubble because I think I have to read all three languages, 2: laugh at the fact that they sized the minicons the same as the full sized transformers and 3: had zero continuity to any of Energons storyline.

Yeah, DVD series aside, this one was a slightly more colorful Poke-turd.

12. Tyjos

Twitter:
    I'm already confused with this series and I'm now on Disk 5....I saw so far no solid continual plot. Only the whole mess with them pulling out alpha q's planets from Unicron....then the whole thing with Megatron Capturing Inferno and trying to convert him to the deceptcions.

He actually looked cool with the decepticon logo on his shoulder, I'd love to get a Inferno figure with the con logo on it.

I'm still trying to understand this series....I guess I may be a brave one to watch all the series and try to review it and post that here on TFW.

I think by the time I get to the final episode I'll be scratching my head wondering what the heck I just watched.

13. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I buy some Energon Decepticons figs, but the show? Eh, I avoid it like a deadly plague.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My least favorite of the trilogy, but better than the current show, as far as I'm concerned. My set is on the way.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only good bits of energon IMO were Demolisher being forced to evaluate his loyalties and Inferno's infection with decepticon energy.

16. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Part of the reason I got it too that it's at least better than Animated in some parts.

It would be great if they re-did energon a bit better in the future.

Still I guess it's time to start watching Energon again today.

17. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I'll get the set eventually, I've never been able enjoy it enough to watch passed Shockblast's introduction though....and I've tried SEVERAL times.

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
  19. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Well that is interesting...hmmmm....

I'll have to make sure to get something better next year to watch...funny how I thought all about getting this series and now I'm actually scratching my head in confusion just trying to watch it beyond "Crash Course"

I think next year I'm better off getting Beast Wars....

Energon will now become the series that will only be watched if I really am bored as heck...probably after I finish getting the last toys that I'm working on getting at this time I won't even bother with getting anymore....

Amazing how this series can look good, but just turn into a pile of slag like a transformer melting inside Unicron in the TF Movie.....

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I intend to pick up the set because I'm a TF DVD Television Show Completist.

I see nothing inherrently wrong with it, I just hope that it doesn't put me to sleep while watching it like the individual discs do whenever I watch them. Then again maybe that's just because I watch it late at night. :lolol