I know no one likes Energon but...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Takao, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really, no one has even mentioned the Transformers Energon: The Ultimate Collection that came out on Tuesday? I haven't purchased mine yet so I wanted to see if there was any issues like there was with the Cybertron set. So anyone?

Also, put your "lolz Energon sucks", and "Unicron Trillogy is terrible" elsewhere. Do. Not. Want.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've not heard of anything. It's probably my least favourite series in TF history, but I'd still consider picking it up. It's got some good moments after all (like the clash of the titans in episode 39), and I would like to own every TF series on DVD. Every last one.

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Transformers Energon made Beast Machines watchable for me. Just my :2c: 

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I bought it and am in the process of watching it. The disc menus are pretty simple. Just Play All and Episode Select options. I don't think there are any special features. I am only on disc 2, kind of slow going since I keep falling asleep. LOL.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Energon started off really well; the first few episodes were pretty good. Unfortunately, it then went to crap really quickly. By the end of the series it had become pretty much unwatchable IMO.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I bought the series, just because Rodimus was in it. But I really feel robbed of my money.

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    As far as toy-based kiddy anime imports, Energon isn't horribly bad. It had more than its fair share of grating moments but I'll still be picking it up if/when it pops up around here.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would only consider getting Energon if I wanted to be completist about TF 'toons - it really is my least-favourite. From the off I just couldn't get into it, Kicker annoyed the hell out of me. Armada actually went up in my estimation (by quite some margin) when Energon came along. :( 

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as the box set goes, I've heard that the "fixed" narration is still in the first episode instead of the original, which had Demolishor narrating.

Optimus still summons "Hot Shot's" weapon instead of the Matrix gun or whatever it was in that one episode... you know, where a weapon materialized from his spark chamber.

All other errors that were present before are still there, and episode 33 is still missing. They didn't even include the japanese version. They just left it out entirely. So there you go.

As far as the show itself, it's a classic case of having lots of great ideas and terrible execution. I like to think of how it could've been saved, but then Echowarrior has pretty much solved that problem anyway with his fanfic.

10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'll wait and see if I get it for Christmas. If not, I'll probably end up picking it up.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I honestly forgot it was coming out. I'm still not sure why they bothered putting it on dvd, except maybe as an abject lesson in how not to dub an anime.

I think the show would have been better if the dubbers actually knew what the - admittedly thin - overarching plot was.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't even know it came out. I won't be buying it, but for those who are excited for it and have been waiting for a long time, congratulations :) 

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Energon (cartoon) - Transformers Wiki

Everything you ever wanted to know about Energon. Pity our contributors who sat through all 51 episodes to recap them for you, our dear readers.

14. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I need to pick this up, and Cybertron too. Damn my DVD completionism :( 

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm alright with energon, and i love the toys. It's still better than watching, say, winx club or something. :) 

16. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

Well, I definitely want to buy it.

I watched the first episode about a week ago and loved it. As the show went on, it did go down hill though, but I haven’t watch it (aside from the first episode) in a while, and there were allot of episodes that I never seen, so I don't think I can make a fair judgment of it yet. I have seen enough to know that it beats the crap outta Cybertron, but that's not much to say.

BTW, Kicker and Ironhide ROCK.

17. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I agree with this i really like the series at first the Figures wasnt that bad though

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I hope you're kidding.

19. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

I got it just for the fact I needed something to watch [and Misha, Sally too...since they're both some of my favorite anime characters....not to mention they're both cute] I also just like to watch Kicker act like an spoiled kid which is funny! And him always kicking Ironhide!

I also got it to get some higher quality screen caps....since the ones out on the net are the old TV Rip quality with that annoying Cartoon Network Logo in the corner.

I'm not one of those people who hate the series since I never saw all of the series. This will be my first full viewing of the series...just starting on the 4th disk now and I am already wanting to get Armada or Animated Season 2 next year....

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I really liked the toys in this line, and that's about it. No idea why I sat through 52 episodes of this slag...