I know it's far away but would Botcon 2011 be around the TF3 movie time

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by A.Prime, Jun 11, 2010.

1. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

The reason I am asking is cause I have to book vaction time in that period about one year in advance.

Now the film is being released around 1st July and I was thinking of getting married a few days after TF3 finishes and then we can go on our honeymoon after.

So I need to guess so I can also book a church as well

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds reasonable? 2007 and 2009 both were within a week or two of the movie releases (I think).

3. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2009 Botcon was actually about 1 month before the movie release, but still pretty close. My guess is that Botcon will most likely be 1 week to 1 month BEFORE the movie release. It helps spice up the hype of the film. Hope that helps!

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I know for sure that BotCon 2007 was held the very same week that the 07 Movie came out in theaters, so... it's a possibility that BotCon 2011 will be held roughly the same time as when TF3 hits theaters. Too early to say for sure.

5. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BC 2007 = 4 days before the movie hit (we saw it Fri night, I rushed home to see w/ friends Monday night).

2009 was late May, movie release late June - saw a couple of scenes, that was it.

2011 = ? since FP sadly doesn't seem to plan that far in advance (for reasons which truly truly escape me). But depending on how close to release & where it is,will determine what we get @ BotCon. Would be really nice to see it in advance - even the couple of days for TF1 was enough for me to know that it wasn't appro for my son at that point in his life. ROTF I knew from midnight screening that it'd be ok, but i'd have to watch the gutter-humor.

Plus, for me - the $25 I dropped on TF1 to see in a theater w/ other hardcore fans, and the little nod & TY from Tyrese made it worth it.

6. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

well when I come back from America end of August I am gonna try to book that period of

As I work one weekend in four, you cant take it unless someone swaps with you

I am gonna tell them I need to do it as I go to married around that time for religious reasons as the holy place is only available then

That way I can give them the proper date in Nov and do Botcon and get married with my honeymoon after

7. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congratulations on yer upcoming nuptials!!

Good luck with the planning - in just the 4 years I've been going, I've traveled Late June, Late April, late may, late June. And one year BotCon was in September.

Best might be to wait until the announcement, then ask for the time off the following day - that's what I did, plus book hotel & plan my flight even tho I wasn't sure I was going to have the $ for the package.