I know it is old to blame Hasbro.... but...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    As the title says, I know it is old to blame Hasbro, but I do wonder on a couple of things:

1- Why do you release the First Edition line and the RiD line a month apart? If I was a retailer and I saw this, I of course would be:
    a- Confused
    b- Ordering the RiD line as it is the same new figure, but with lights that kids like.

I don't get releasing the same figure pretty much 1 month apart.

2- Why is there no communication from Hasbro to their collectors on this ever? I mean, would it be so hard to get official word to their collectors and just say, this is what is going on. I mean, come on, throw us a bone, we are the loyalists here.

As a separate question, what is the chance that we would ever see First Edition and RiD on the same shelf? Has Hasbro ever did something like this in the past?

I know the posts of, what a sense of entitlement are sure to come. But realistic, is it a sense of entitlement to have your core support group be communicated to in any shape or form? Isn't that just good business?

[EDIT] Based on where this thread headed, I will say, the thing I really really really do not understand....

WHY NOT USE HASBRO TOY SHOP TO SELL WHAT THEY CANNOT SELL TO BRICK AND MORTAR RETAILERS?

Do they not own Hasbro Toy Shop? FE would fly off shelves there.

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Klaus suffering - YouTube

And the first edition line was technically released in november just before thanksgiving granted it was closer to saturation in december but sold out fast whenever it came in. I did not buy online so i am extremely happy i got Screamer and Bee but mostly screamer.

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got wave 1. But not sure what the purpose of announcing Wave 1.5 or even 2.0 if the RiD line was just going to be released.

I would love something simple like, we still plan on releasing Wave 1.5 and 2.0 from Hasbro. That would be enough for me.

I cannot see RiD and FE in stores at the same time though.

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Yeah the announcing and not releasing is what gets me. Oh well so it goes with this hobby.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I kind of wish they'd stop referring to it as RID, considering there's an entire fucking line and mythos from 11 years ago titled RID. The names they've been giving these recent lines are getting to be a little nebulous.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Actually, you know what is even more confusing, especially to parents:

- FE Cliff Jumper
    - Zombie Cliff Jumper
    - RiD Cliff Jumper

3 figures for a dead character.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Agreed. Would it really be so bad to just call it Transformers and let it be?

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    We could call it PRID?

And if they added another sub-line called Transformers: Prime, Robots In Disguise: Energon we could call it PRIDE.

:D 

9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    1 - The FE's are the sought after bone for collectors. Expected to sell primarily to fans before the mainstream RID appears.

2 - We're not the core support group, that would be actual children who the VAST majority of TF toys go to.

10. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this rate, we'll need a separate forum just for the "Hasbro sucks, they hate (insert country here), they don't know what they're doing" threads.

11. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Hasbro hates Transformers!!!!

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I did not say that....

I just asking reasonable questions:
    1- Why can't Hasbro communicate to their fan groups
    2- Why would Hasbro chose to release 2 lines with the same characters from the same show with about a month apart.

If this serves as unreasonable questions around here, then I think asking anything is pretty unreasonable.

To me, neither of these things make sense.

13. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

My statement was a summation of many Hasbro threads over the last few days, yours included. Also, when the title of your thread is "I know it's old to blame Hasbro...but", it leads one to assume that you are going to blame Hasbro for something. Therefore, it falls in line with the rest.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Yup.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I guess, but saying Hasblow and putting together with this is not really fair. It is like saying an Extreme Liberal is the same as a Democrat or something of that sort.

I don't hate Hasbro and don't want them to F themselves and die. Just communicate a bit to their fans. So as a purchaser I can make an informed decision. IE: Import FE figures? Or wait because they will be released.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Just call it the Prime line instead of RID or Prime RID or whatever. Just attach the FE suffix when relevant.

17. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

I remember when the first release of the POTF 2 Star Wars figures came out and that princess leia figure that looks like the lead singer of the red hot chilli peppers was impossible to find. I know this is a bit of a different situation but it seems like it would be very difficult for a company like Hasbro to coordinate a run like this First Edition set to perfection. That being said, it seems like these will be difficult for most people to find. I'm just going to wait for the general release.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Kids don't like stupidly implemented lights anymore than a collector does - Walmart's & Target's retail buyers do though because they think they have more shelf presence and people will pay more for electronic toys allowing them to hike prices.

I think they think it serves to separate the smaller toys from the slightly bigger ones. but often it just ends up with a final toy that does not work as well as it otherwise might have.

At least a light up gun only slightly screws up the toys - buy making them lose joints and paint (as with Leo Breaker and Vector Prime).

19. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that some inside causes made their product placement so awkward after August. FE was supposed to come out much earlier or RiD was supposed to come out a tad later.

Don't forget that in 2011 we never got some of the movie's core characters in any wave or form, and that voyagers never made it past wave 4?

We'll wait until toyfair for any announcement, but hasbro never really communicated with collectors outside of main events, right? I mean we never got a "Masterpiece Rodimus Prime will come out for you people, we changed the colours to appeal to the original toy more, and put an original new mould mp targetmaster and a new matrix because the one he has is so small he can't even wipe his a$$ with it. So wait for it, okay?"

20. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    1 - They do regularly through the 'Ask Hasbro' sessions which fans can submit questions to.

2 - See my previous post which contains the answer.