I kinda feel guilty for enjoying RID for what it is

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by YellowCorvette, Jun 27, 2018.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

What about people on THIS site? I think they're really the minority. I rarely see anyone here bashing the series and even the ones who do hate it wouldn't go as far as to call anyone an idiot for liking it. Really anyone who hates anything that much is a minority... well anything as pointless as a cartoon series based on a toy line for children... if it were politics then yeah there's a lot of people who think anyone who doesn't agree with them is an idiot because those are issues that actually matter.

Anything regarding stuff like this, the majority would never insult someone simply for disagreeing with their opinion. I absolutely hate Armada and the Bayformers but I don't think anyone is an idiot simply because they like that stuff. Instead of feeling bad for liking the series, next time you run into someone like that tell them to grow the f up. People are allowed to have their own opinions. They're the idiots if they think everyone must agree with them.

• Like Like x 3
  2. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Raise Your Flag!!

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I can see what you're talking about, and you're right about the minority thing. Sometime it seems like the vocal minority really makes this show looks even worse than it really is.

I'm kinda glad that I actually watched RID and judging it for what it is, instead of following the mob mentality.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    The one thing I would have liked to see the show do in the third season would have been to have Steeljaw escape, via luck or accident, and in his own unique way throw spanners in the works for both sides. A Starscream who actually confidently rocks his personal power having to deal with a pissant little upstart failed criminal who sometimes gets lucky would have been an interesting dynamic to watch.

--Moony

4. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

People have the ability to enjoy Teen Titans Go. You’ll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Forgive me for off-topic, but it's just interesting. Increadible thread. Really increadible. It shows, how strange people are now. I can see a lot of members, who were aggressive and full of hatred on Movie forum, when I was saying, that I love Movieverse and it deserves my love. But here they are defending the simple cartoon, saying, that you can't feel the guilty for liking something, the show had its moments and etc. Wow! You are so constructive! I'm proud, that I'm TF Movie fan and never, ever felt a guilty for this, but tens of people on Movie forum are ready to argue to death with me, as I say something good about the films... You can respect an opinion about cartoon, but can't respect an opinion about Michael Bay's Movies! Just interesting:lol  If you see a lone Movie-defender, who is reviled by others, you can't just go by and not to add something rude. Looks like people feel a honor or pleasure blaming Movies... Like it is their work or duty to hurt others and mock on them. Maybe they think, that they are defending G1, hurting Movie-fans? But until recently I respected G1, I even has its posters in my room! Now I feel, that I start to hate it, because I tired of geewunners, claiming to kill my favorite Movieverse and make G1 reboot. I want just to enjoy discussing, but instead I can only argue...

6. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom TrypticonCarne on Seibertron

yeah it's a good show to watch after you had a severe migraine and barely lucid enough to function, just turn the volume down to low,

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It had some good ideas and did some things right.
    Like flesh out the Decepticon's personalities & skillsets with a dedicated ep for each.

Its also cool to see Autobot rookies become something. Makes the classic Autobots seem more like seasoned & respected warriors.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Hating or not liking? 'Cause those aren't the same. I suspect the active haters are a vocal minority, but I wouldn't be surprised if the majority opinion was a deeply apathetic "meh." That's where I'm at. I don't hate the show, but I just can't seem to make myself care about it either--let alone really enjoy it.

But I wouldn't begrudge anyone who thoroughly enjoys the show either.

9. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

I am rewatching the series again and although it has its flaws it also has a few things I really like .
    It was refreshing to have a series that didnt rely on Megatron Vs Optimus . I thought Strongarm and Steeljaw were good characters too .
    Sure Bumblebee became a big necked bore and Denny Clay was annoying as hell , but overall it was lighthearted and fun .

10. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

No, I certainly don't.

It wasn't perfect and it had its share of flaws. For example, I wasn't terribly fond of Strongarm and Sideswipe because their shtick could get old real fast and the beast villains' designs tended to veer too close to silly for my taste but I liked the rest of the cast. Grimlock was adorably awesome and to my surprise, I not only liked the human characters but I also liked Bumblebee's character.

I have seen just about every incarnation of Transformers and I have never cared about Bumblebee in the slightest and yet I found myself legitimately digging this interpretation. He was endearing and I really loved his exasperation at times.

Robots in Disguise wanted to be a fun little show and in my opinion, it succeeded. I don't think it was anything special but at the same time, I don't think it needed to be anything special. It just needed to be fun to watch and I thought it was.

11. Nelomaxwell

Nelomaxwell Victory Prime.

I enjoyed the show and thought the last season and ending were really good. It dragged in some parts but was cool overall.

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I like RID and love the Prime Wars Trilogy apart from the awful voice actor for Menasor.

13. TLP

TLP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't let haters get to ya.

I've liked shows/movies/games that have gotten more hate than RiD. Ultimately, you just gotta look for the people who DO enjoy it and interact with them about it.
    TBH there's always overly negative people in comment sections and forums.

14. NathimusPrime

NathimusPrime Well-Known Member

While I personally would rank rid 2015 among the worst transformers cartoons ever( a side from a select few episodes) you shouldn't feel bad about liking a show just becuase a lot of people dont like it. While many people seem to think their opinion is right and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, the truth is that we all have or own personal tastes. Plus when talking about tv or movies, other then a few technical aspects, it's really all subjective.

15. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    NAh you shouldn't feel guilty in my opinion. Heck, most of the complaints I see levied at RiD are the same as I saw being leveled at BW back when it was airing.
    It was a change from what had come before. We didn't have Optimus Prime and Bumblebee or the 'right' Megatron, and Primal was inexperienced and cracked jokes and so on.
    ...Actually, looking back at it BWs pretty much had the IDENTICAL reaction from 'older fans' didn't it? Still does to a degree, although that's changing in part because fans for whom BW was their first introduction to transformers are now getting of age that THEY are the 'old guard'.

I really like RiD. Not ironically, but straight up really like it. I LOVE Bumblebee as a leader, Sideswipe, Strongarm, Drift, Windblade... they're all very strong well rounded characters and I would love to see all of them again although I'm worried we won't (rather like poor Prime Smokescreen in that respect). I could have done without Optimus coming back from the dead as I honestly feel the show and characters could have carried it without him and he felt rather like a weak link character wise. ...Also the whole we're randomly a combiner now thing was just annoying and I would have preferred NOT to have had that. The plot of the third season was okay, just the combiner aspect is my issue

I LOVED Steeljaw and the wide array of bad guys, heck I even liked the monster of the week aspect as that's something we haven't had in a long time in Transformers, esp since despite that there WAS a strong continuity and steadily build towards the 'finale' of each season.

...Also they did what Prime didn't and remembered that they were ROBOTS and not cyborgs/androids. No worries about limbs having atrophy, no 'organs', no 'oh sorry we can't repair stuff so you get an eye patch or artificial hand'... Just... they were ROBOTS again, and you'd have things like casually sharing what they'd seen/heard via video files and so on.
    ...Also fewer human characters, Denny and Russel both contributed to the plot and we finally got away from the 'human with one particular robot that was 'theirs' and everyone apparently needs a human' thing that the movies kinda had and Prime DEFINITELY had (to the point where it was commented on). ...Also I just ended up liking Denny and Russel more than some of the humans from Prime, or at least more than Miko and Raf... I LOVED Fowler, June and Jack.

I also liked how the show didn't really take itself as seriously as Prime but still had (to me) a lot of heart.

...Basically it boils down to 'don't let the haters get you down'.
    Yes, there were issues in the show, and there were flaws. But overall it was a decently crafted show with strong characters and decent plot and a LOT to enjoy and Ihave a feeling that it might pull what BW did, where people come back to it and really enjoy it and it falls into that 'classic' category.

Also the toys were really awesome, esp the decepticons. I want there to be more of them. At the very least Classic/Generations versions!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nelomaxwell

Nelomaxwell Victory Prime.

This... All of this.

17. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

Eh I liked it, it was a nice breather from all the super serious Transformers stories we've had as of late, not relying on Prime and Megatron, restoring Cybertron, or the usual beats. It wasn't perfect but it was a fun show that I enjoyed a lot

Only thing I didn't like much was Russel, he was incredibly dull and boring even for a human character

18. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Raise Your Flag!!

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    A bit off-topic, but I don't think there's anything wrong for anyone to enjoy Teen Titans GO and liking it for what it is.

19. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom TrypticonCarne on Seibertron

I enjoy the show, it just happens i watch during those moments

20. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

It did some things really bad which made it hard for me to like it. Like how it treated most Decepticons in the show so poorly..man I really hope for a show one day for a show who threat Decepticons at least as good as Autobots.

Also should have put the Predacons in the show! Want to see more of them.

And the show made some very cool characters like Glowstrike Saberhorn, Swelter and Glacius, Scratch and Skyjack then proceeds to hardly show them. Those should have more screentime and a better plot. At least characters didn't die in it.

Oh and Starscream in it and everything to do with that was horrible.