I kinda feel guilty for enjoying RID for what it is

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by YellowCorvette, Jun 27, 2018.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    I can agree with this on a certain degree. Rid isn't that bad as a standalone thing, but I think this show would be a bit better received if it wasn't marketed as a 'sequel" of such a "well-received" show like Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Unless you the thing you like is illegal and/or involves underage children doing inappropriate things. You should feel guilty for like that.

3. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:

well yes. That's the exception to the rule. Otherwise though, knock yourself out. I won't put down anyone who dislikes shows/movies etc I like.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    I like RID, it's actually one of my favorite Transformer cartoons of all time, next to Beast Wars and the original RID (2001), so it's definitely not a unanimous thing. You shouldn't feel bad about liking something others dislike, you are entitled to your own opinion.

5. Blue18

Blue18 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. It is stupid that continues after half an adult series with a children's series. Otherwise, RID is ok.

By the way ... I'm still angry that Megtron did not show up. At least for one episode. Therefore, there are negatives of me. :mad 

• Like Like x 1
  6. NaCl

NaCl Fry cook

The only show I don't think anyone deserves to like is Teen Titans Go. RiD15 is perfectly fine as it's own thing, my only real problem is it having anything to do with Prime.

7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I dont like it either, but getting ashamed/feeling guilty because you like what others dont? I mean...just no....Its just a cartoon.

8. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, let's see what the 'Good Book' has to say about it:

Seven-Deadly-Sins.jpg

Huh.

• Like Like x 2
  9. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shame on you for enjoying a show made to be enjoyed and watched, you are the worst person in the world.

10. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

I don't watch it but I appreciate it for what it is. I haven't seen a Transformers show since Animated but I really like what they did with RID.

They introduced a whole lot of new Decepticons with a variety of alt-modes instead of the usual aircraft/tank/animal stuff, and some really clever designs.

I love Bisk, Clampdown, Quillfire, Thunderhoof, etc., and hope we see more of them in the future.

11. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you haven't seen it then how can you appreciate it for what it is?

12. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

Aesthetically speaking, mostly. I like the way the characters look and from the episodes I did see, it looks to be a fine kids show.

13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, if only that was the case. They give up on designs after season 1.

14. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    OP, you seem to have equated embarrassment with guilt, and they are two different things. You're embarrassed that you like something that a number of people do not. That isn't something to be guilty about.

So what if other people don't like it. If you're not hurting anyone by enjoying it, keep on enjoying. Those other people who you claim are 'everyone,' but certainly aren't, are just pixels on a screen that you can turn off at any time. And if your friends in RL give you crap, enjoy it without them.

--Moony: girl geek, furry, liker of Energon Ironhide, and giver of no fucks about what other people think of those things

• Like Like x 2
  15. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

If you feel guilty for watching RID2015, imagine how you'd feel for enjoying KISS Players. :D 

Srsly, RID2015 was a great follow-up to Prime, despite the discontinuity. It had great designs, fresh characters and a new perspective.

16. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Never feel guilty for enjoying a show. You like what you like and own that. I've seen rid15 up to the end of Decepticon Island, simply because the rest ain't on netflix. And i found it to be harmless fluff. A nice, light hearted romp with fun characters and the best on screen humans since g1. It was a nice change of pace over the super heavy always serious prime. I like Strongarm enough i picked up her toy. I like steeljaw. And i like it gave us a show with no optimus or Megatron for once. At least for one season. I'd have preferred it if prime just kept Kenobi-ing bee.

So don't feel guilty. Don't feel ashamed. Just happily enjoy it. Rev up and roll out!

• Like Like x 3
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no strong feelings....

So it's all good. :D 

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Wait, what? People not liking this show is the majority? I thought it was the other way around.

There are definantly aspects of the series I didn't like. It's by no means my favorite series but despite it's flaws I don't hate it.

There are also aspects of the series I liked. And probably would of liked the series more if those things had larger roles or were explored more in the series.

Like I would of had Megatronus as a recurring villain instead of Steeljaw. Fracture, Overlord, Scoponok, and all the other characters with actual robot modes would work for him. The vehicle/beast characters would be triple changers instead the beast just is the robot.

Manasor and Galvatronus would be made of five unique molds instead of three. Plus the toys would be more complex allowing for things like Drag break and Menasor to be possible with the same figures instead of needing two different versions of Breakdown and Dragstrip. Plus I'd have the toy only Shocknado replace the matching limbs of Galvatronus. Gotta keep Cyberwarp though because she was actually a decent character in the cartoon. The other three limbs really needed better character development though, I keep forgetting their names cause they made no impact at all. I think one of the legs was Riot Gear who kinda sounds like he should be an Autobot police van.

19. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    From what I've see, I see more people bashing this show for "Ruining Prime" like those Star Wars fans saying that "George Lucas ruin my childhood" a lot more than the liking it on the Internet. Just take a look at how RID is received by the fans on Facebook or YouTube and you'll know what I mean.

What really makes me has this sort of dilemma is that some of them say that "Only idiots like RID", "Nobody likes RID", or something similar to that (Some of those people even went as far as sending some pretty rude questions towards Adam Beechan on a Q&A that he held). Once again, I just wish that people can understand that it's fine for others to like something even if you dislike it.

I won't even go that far through. Teen Titans GO isn't a good show, but even then I don't think that there's anything wrong if anyone like it for what it is.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  20. CopperPuppet

CopperPuppet Probably a Robot

Eh, I kinda agree the hate for it is ridiculous sometimes. I've watched like everything except like the last six or so episodes, and it's pretty all right. Not exactly something I'd rate highly, but it's fun and enjoyable often enough for me to not regret watching so much of it.

I like Prime, a lot, it's my favorite series, but RID didn't exactly ruin it for me or something ridiculous like that. I imagine it might have been frustrating if I had followed the marketing though.
    It being a sequel just feels like too much of an afterthought anyway. They certainly tried to connect the two, but RID's callbacks to Prime most of the time feel far too weak for me to really care much, if you get me.
    It's a 'sequel' that doesn't feel like a 'sequel'. If RID had exclusively focused on plot threads from Prime, and done it poorly, then I would probably be more upset with it, but as it stands, it's connections to Prime feel so weak that I find it extremely easy to take standalone and judge it based on that.

The actual worst thing RID 2015 ever did though... was release one mediocre toy of Crazybolt, the best new character... and the American release of it doesn't even look good.

• Like Like x 1