I kind of like kibble

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nightrain, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I was playing around with Optimus from Alternators for no particular reason. While I was posing him and stuff, it occured to me that I actually like the huge amounts of automobile parts that surround and hang off him. It really does harken back to the original samurai inspired Diaclone toys. He looks like a badass in tons of armor. Even those front fender parts that stick up from his shoulders give him a certain "above the rest" leadership feel.

I really do miss Alternators. I'd kill for a Megatron right about now.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Big Convoy's another one of those "kibble is good" cases.

On the topic of Alt Prime... I like that, too. The parts do make it look tougher and armored.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I love kibble when it feels like it has been integrated into the design.... like Alt. Prime's shoulders, as you mentioned (or for that matter, Prowl or Jazz's doors, or the Seekers' wings). In fact, I think it's one of the design elements that makes a Transformer a Transformer.... that you can still see elements of the alt mode in the robot mode.

When I don't like kibble is when the design tries to "hide" it by slapping a bunch of it behind the robot's back... he might look good from the front, but he's back-heavy with cluttered bits and can never stand in front of any other figures. I also dislike when it impedes articulation, like the doors on Movie Jazz's thighs or the car hood on Alt. Tracks' calves.

But I know what you mean, sometimes kibble is great! I think there is just a right and a wrong way to handle it. :) 

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Me too. I know this sounds wierd, but ever since that scene in Beast Wars when TM Tarantulus walks past the screen slowly, from a sideview, and you see his spider legs hanging on his back, bouncing to his walk. I was a kibble fan

Also saw a chick with nice kibbles