I just watched Transformers G1 Episode 6 with Acid Storm

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dilectus, Oct 13, 2008.

1. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

I have seen all of G1 before, but not recently enough to remember a green seeker on Cybertron by the name of Acid Storm. I just rewatched it, and until now I'd thought that character was nothing more than a new excuse to repaint the Starscream mold. I guess I should have known better, since he's in the Classics line, but I didn't ever think too far into it. Now I'm tempted to get the toy of him.

2. Guneagle01

Guneagle01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    congratulations.

3. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol. I kinda hope they do the rest of the Rainmakers, but not at the expence of them bumping out new characters like Jazz, Hoist, TB, or such.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

We honestly need Sunstorm and a grey jet and we are set. By the way Acid Storm is an awesome toy. Highly recommended.

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Well hasbro loves Repaints and 3 more Seekers of the Rainmakers and Sunstorm would be perfect. Now if they released a Ghost of Starscream Classics Seeker as well I would be so excited and all from the same mold.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I feel sorry for the Classics seeker mold.
    If as many figures get made from it as people want. There's going to be nothing left of it.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I picked up Acid Storm today, I like his colour scheme, and any Seeker is welcome, however.....

I fear it may be happening already, my AS has quite a lot of flash on him. Also his head cover/cockpit has to forced closed as the clip is too big for the hole.

Right, I'm off to watch his episode now.

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    haha good job... i watched the episode long before the toy was released..should watch again :D  and i hope they released the other rainmakers too

9. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

I thought he was made up too, till I was looking around on the wiki today. Came home this afternoon and opened him up (had bought him but was planning on taking him back, once I found out he wasn't made up i wanted to keep him) and it is a surpisingly good toy. The painted face on this mold makes a world of differnce. That, and the right side up decepticon symbols.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I would like to get all three of the rain makers. Let's see... Sunstorm, Acidstorm,.....Thunderstorm, maybe?

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Why would it be instead of the new moulds? As I assume you ought to be all too aware, if anything, the redeco figs would just make them more money that they could plough into those new moulds we're after.

Although frankly, I can see it being worth their while to get a new mould made for the Seekers. Let's face it, they've proved time and again that people will snap up any new redeco of it, simply because it's a Seeker, and it's awesome. If they recast a new mould, they'll be able to keep milking it for another few years... ::p 

I'm actually curious as to what the cost would be like for that relative to designing an entirely new mould. You've still got the mould tooling costs to find, but all the R&D and design work's already been accounted for...

12. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Wow Guneagle01 ... that was really provocating!
    Congratulations for being a TFA:Sentinel Prime ! :rolleyes: 

Cough* back to the topic; Yes that episode is really nice !
    Really nice to see some "less important characters" getting figurized ! :) 

13. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    Would love to see all three rainmakers too, but just FYI, Sunstorm is not considered one of the rainmakers. There was a yellow/orange jet standing with Acidstorm, but it is not the same Seeker known as Sunstorm.