I just started to watch beast machines

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by guard convoy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ok, i grew up with beast wars and got out of transformers when beast machines got started (and didn't truely get back in till armada started). i had seen RID but couldn't remember really anything about it until i watched it all the way thru last year......now i have seen about an episode or two of beast machines but never saw it, well i decided today to watch it and i am about to start episode 4 while i am typing this.....so far i really like what i am seeing so far.....jetstorm easily became my fave....i know about the rhinox is tankor bit and that waspinator is thrust (don't know who is jetstorm) and that the final battle involves megatron wearing a optimal optimus suit lol but i look forward to what happens next....only bit i ever remember seeing as a kid is rattrap finally transforming

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It really starts to get good around the end of season 1. I really enjoyed it.

3. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

^I loved this series to death. Almost as much as Animated. I think you might really enjoy it.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I like to pretend this series never existed... especially because of the whole "organic" Cybertron.

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    It definitley has themes and plots not everybody likes, including myself, but I love the series for how much effort was put in to tell the story the creators were trying to tell

6. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    I really like and enjoyed Beast Machines for what it is as long as I pretend it's not a BW sequel. :D  It's great on its own, it's just too big of a jump in attitude as a sequel.

I'm not fond of the ending either, but it sure has the best smackdown between an Optimus and a Megatron right before that.

Either way, it was entertaining and I loved it.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    It was a fine example of story-telling, but my biggest complaints about it were

1. Absolutely no humor, what-so-ever.
    2. Much of the cast had changed for the worse. Rattrap was so serious, Silverbolt was a cross between Depth Charge and Dinobot, Rhinox was evil, and Megatron wasn't... Megatron.

It had great voice-acting, especially from Primal, Jetstorm and Cheetor. The CGI was a step up from BW, and everyone knows how consistently impressive that was.

Speaking of CGI, it put Unicron Trilogy's "cgi" to shame even more than Beast Wars did.

It reminds me of the sixth season of Ninja Turtles - Fast Forward: a new setting, some returning characters, but mostly a new, original premise.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    At first I didnt like it as much as I did with Beast Wars. My favorite transformer Rattrap goes from a Rambo type character to being cripple and often getting in the way. As a fan though, I kept on watching and start liking it more. In recent years with A/E/C and the return of the bots and cons. I've really grown more to it.

I think you will like it. Like with most shows, there are the dull moments but BM does make up for that in many ways.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Haven't really watched it past the first 2 episodes (yet)..didn't have the time or motivation.

Anyway, nothing that is really putting me off or making me like it..although I really don't like the new forms. Primal goes from Ape mode to..Ape mode?

Ah well. Will have to get around watching it all someday.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm finishing episode 7 and i am loving this......curious to see if thrust is infact silverbolt or waspinator (that is what i read on tfwiki a while back)....oh and jetstorm frickin rocks, he is awesome (and quite funny too)

11. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Love BW. Great animation, good story. I understand why it divides people though. The humor was sucked out, it was just BLEAK, and the characterization suffers (Primal will be getting on your nerves by the end with that preachy zen-buddhist crap). Love the show though. I don't want TFs to always be that serious, but it's nice to have occasionally.

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Jetstorm always did keep me laughing. He's almost like the Joker. Funny, but would hurt you given the chance. I dont want to ruin it for you, but Thrust's design does give some hints.

I dont know why, but it seems like Tankorr is like a G1 tribute. Has the color pattern of Soundwave and the speech pattern of Grimlock.

13. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

It is different from BW. Once you get passed that the first half is an amazing build up in tension to the cliffhanger. Unfortunetly the other half is a bit of a let down storywise. It only starts to pick up towards the very end and it's very depressing at that point.

14. TRANSJAZZ

TRANSJAZZ Fighting Cancer RIP 10/31/16 Veteran

News Credits:
    Beast machines is a good tie between comic and computer graphics. The story or plot of the series was not bad. I just do not like the ending.

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I have some VCDs of the first few episodes which I got on clearance. Hope they come out on DVD format here, will surely get them!

16. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Depending on how you look at it, you'll like it. As a Beast Wars sequel, it is far below expectations. As a "Reimagining" it is fine. It's one of those series where at first, you think it is stupid, then you love it. When Beast Wars came out, fans weren't too enthused. When Animated first came out it was the same deal. But later nearly everyone loved it. BM, however, is very much a dividing point among fans.

17. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I remember I wanted Nightscream( that bat guy) to be killed off so bad.
    Oh and Hippie Primal.

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    BM is one of those shows you really need to watch in order. When it first came out, I didn't watch it much due to work, so I really hated it, even bashed it, then, a few years ago, I sat and watched the complete series DVDs and liked it. Some parts didn't really seem to fit, IMO, but, every show has that, but over all, having got to see the entire show as intended , I liked it, and regretted the bashing I had done on it.
    Of course, it's not to everyone's liking, just like with every TF show.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's one of the better written TF series out there. I liked the new animation, I liked the darker tone, I even liked the twist where Megatron has succeeded in taking over and the Maximals were the underdogs. It gets a lot of hate due to the organic origins of Cybertron. I didn't care for that aspect, but I don't let it ruin the show for me. It's still very good.

20. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

I think the series works MUCH better as a "broad strokes" continuation of the basic characters and core plot points of BW without being a direct sequel.

Sort of like how Beast Wars itself was a broad strokes continuation of a G1 rather than a direct sequel to "the" G1.