I just Rewatched Armada

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

A Few weeks ago i decided to rewatch Transformers: Armada from start to finish all 52 episodes in order. Now i have already watched the entire show before so the point of this was 1 evaluate how the show was and how well the story progressed and 2 to be entertained. And so after finishing the last two episodes tonight i will say......Armada is awesome! It is still my 4th favorite TF series after the Bay Films, G1, and Beast Wars. This is my review of the show.

Episodes 1-3 are ok to be honest as most people agree the show started slow but i don't think it started horribly. The opening is ok/average and nothing more.

Episodes 4-6 are an improvement since we see the war between both fractions and since they're going after mini cons the plot is simple but entertaining.

Episode 7 an really iffy filler but then again this show meant for kids.

Episode 8-39 This is when the show picks up to something great. Especially with all the new characters that arrive and now the story is moving and (SPOILER) when Optimus Dies it is truly heartbreaking. Although the franchise has overdone this his death was still truly an amazing part to Armada. Till he returned....

Episodes 40-52 Now we start to enter the Unicron battles and everything works so well in the final part of the show. This series defiantly has one of the BEST endings.

All together the first 7 Episodes are just average but everything else is a great TF show. It delivers an entertaining fight between good and evil

THE CHARACTERS

Optimus Prime- Well obviously i love Optimus. He the great strong Leader putting everyone else before him.

Hotshot- This character really stood out when i was a kid. then again he was the kid-appeal character. He young and brash but is chosen to be the leader of both armies during the Unicorn battles (When Optimus and Galvatron are inside Unicron)

Red alert - was once a proud solider but is now the medic and is a very serious character.

Scavenger Jetfire and Smokescreen are good characters but there not to much that stands out.

Blurr- an awesome loner badass
    Sideswipe- was a geek but hey he meant well

Megaton- was great he was taken seriously and defiantly one of the best Megatrons

Starscream- If you watched Armada you know how great he was.
    Demolisher and Cyclones are memerable 'cons
    Thrust- a sinister intelligent weasel who (SPOILER) goes out like a punk)
    Wheeljack an awesome con with honor
    Tidalwave- he actually did nothing besides combine with Megatron.

Sideways and Unicron were great. This and TFTM1986 Unicron are the best two versions of the character

Now we all the know these humans aren't the most beloved but they weren't the bad at all. I will say each human only annoyed me once each in the series.
    Rad (Ep 6 Jungle being all captain planet)
    Alexis (Ep 10 about being president)
    Carlos (Ep 11 about the hologram girl)
    Fred and Billy only annoyed me in Ep 7 (Carnival) So ill say these humans are easily tolderable and Rad and Alexis were developed and grew during the series.

The animations- While the first 8 episodes were slightly off the rest of the show had good animation besides a couple noticlble errors every once in a while. Also i like the designs in the show

Also its almost been ten years since the show started!

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I've been rewatching Armada as well recently. It really is a great series if you can accept the scripting/animation errors

3. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Its always nice to see more people who love Armada! It doesn't deserve as much hate as it often gets.

4. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I watched it all the way through last year, and loved it! Granted I grew up on it, but I still think it is great.

5. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

I have just finished watching Armada myself and I enjoyed it. I have to admit the kids were annoying in the beginning but they all have grown in the series

6. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Best....tf...series....ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always enjoyed Fat Freddie. He kept making me laugh with all his food requests. I'd often immitate his whines for food. Easily my favorite of the kids.

8. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think seeing the first 30 episodes once in my life is more then enough. I could see myself going back and watching the 31 through 52 again maybe, though.

:crazy:  :D 

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I just started watching a few hours ago, just came across this thread now lol.

10. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It begun terribly. The first 10 episodes had only a few good episodes. This series picks up when Scavenger first appears. Then Sideways, Thrust, and the Starscream arc but we still have some boring and bad episodes. By that point, the show almost redeemed itself and then we have the Unicron Battles. That's the real good part of the series. This show's a mixed bag, probably 3 out of 5 stars.

11. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I'm...not going there.;) 

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    The "Squidhead" scene is by far my favorite in all of Transformers:
    Transformers Armada squid head - YouTube

I've got to commend this show for touching upon some mature themes: achieving peace through war, the hero "enjoying" warfare, both sides not being that different in some aspects, forcing certain peoples into battle. It's still obviously a fairly fun and silly kid's show/toy commercial, but it's nice to see one blur the lines between good and bad even just a little (and beyond the "he was bad, but now he's good").

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Armada was not my least favorite Transformers series, but it's not on my top 5 either. However I have to give credit where credit is due, the Unicron Battles were pretty good, Starscream was a surprisingly deep character, the final episode was pretty damn good too, and of course, I was pleasantly surprised to see Megatrons character growth at the end of the series. These were all pretty good moments.

14. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has good pacing which is about the only reason I ever look back on the series. It's meant to do things that in it's poorly translated form that it can't (not going to bother with the Japanese edition as some would suggest as having the U.S. version is enough). The only thing I really really hated about this show was that little ***** Alexis. She is perhaps the worst human character in Transformers history if you ask me.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, I'm currently in the process of re-watching Armada, as well. Only up to about episode 8 so far and, unfortunately, I have to say that I hadn't remembered the beginning of the series being quite this bad. I'd particularly forgotten how irritating the kids were, especially Fred and Billy. Anyone complaining about the Prime kids and/or most of the Movieverse humans really needs to go back through Armada to get some perspective. Still, bad as these episodes have been, I think the show is due to start picking up a bit in a couple of episodes, though, so I'm looking forward to that.

After I get through re-watching Armada, I'll be moving on to watch Energon and Cybertron for the first time. Definitely not looking forward to Energon.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Decisive Battle" is still the one episode that showcases the absolute worst animation I have *EVER* seen in a Transformers cartoon.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Pretty much this.

Looking back at it now, once the series got going, man, it got GOING. Lots of great things in that series, which thankfully drown out the stupidity that sometimes arose.

18. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Which happens to be the first Transformers episode i saw! But the episode does have a couple bad moments. EX Starscream as a black dot and Cyclonus footage from OVERMATCHED

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Fred's the biggest badass in all of TF history. Faced with the end of the universe, and all he can think about is his next meal.

20. AMG

AMG Old School

I enjoyed Armada overall. The worst part of the show is Carlos, what a horrible character.