I just realized the Decepticons are the good guys

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkEnergon22, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

It's just a matter of perspective -TFP Prime

• Like Like x 1
  2. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was my understanding also.

Please see quote above.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Unicron reveal is the weirdest handled thing in the movies.

It should be a big deal yet it's not this OMG WTF Plot Twist.

4. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Everyone thinks the best of their perversity. The Movie itself don't say anything directly about this episode. Logically the both conclusions are equally reasonable. The question is on whose side are you?

For me, who studied the history of WWII numerous times at school and university, your points look ridiculous. Decepticons are Autobots' enemies. There is a war between them. Even if Autobots in Shanghai apparently attack first, you think that they haven't a right for it? You think, that Autobots should sit at the base and wait until the enemy will come and kill them and their friends? That they shouldn't do reconnaissance, offensive and hunting for enemies? The aren't angels and this is war. Like Russian song has "Ты сам стреляй, а то убьют". But at the same time, they aren't genocidal. They don't want to enslave or destroy the whole planet or race, instead they try to defend it, although they aren't even thanked for it. They haven't any corrupt motives towards Earth and humans. They never tried to take something that belongs to humankind.

Of course, you will find arguments to debate. Logic could justify every murder. The conscience can't If you don't want to hear it, I don't want to spend time in this thread anymore - it's just senseless.

5. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    You do realize that humans found Megatron, kept him frozen and imprisoned, experimented on him, reverse engineered technology from him.... discovered the Allspark... created new Cybertronian life from it as a spectacle and then murdered it when it tried to escape (see Nokia-Bot in TF1 as example).

All this happened before the Decepticons made any actions against mankind.

While the statements brought forth defending the Decepticon's motives might seem "ridiculous" to you; however, the examples you mentioned about the Autobots having the right to counterattack also holds true for the Decepticons.
    I don't blame you for having a bias in favor of earth. This is why I can't blame the Decepticons for having a bias against it.

Too bad you've taken our discussion so personally. I was really enjoying reading everyone's perspectives.

6. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    Is anyone claiming that those were good actions?

The decepticons don't have the right to enslave an entire race.

7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

where i live, the land is severely overdeveloped..what once was lush & fertile woods teeming with life has been destroyed for apartment complexes, banks, hair salons, etc...the wildlife is all but non-existent...some deer remain etching by (breaks my heart) but their habitat has been taken from them by a technological superior force that was fairly unsympathetic to their needs but decided as sentinel said (paraphrasing); the needs of the many, or in this case those that have evolved forward outweigh the needs of the few or, the less evolved...the strong always take what they wish..sometimes they go too far however..

dont get me wrong, i get both sides but when it comes to the transformers, we are the deer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    @CKPRIME
    Humans did it to Megatron 1st. ;) 

More like the insects that lived there.

9. Celaeno

Celaeno Active Member

Recently been on a binge of movie content, and man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who went '...wait, are the Decepticons the more sympathetic ones here?' after the fridge horror of 'this species is HOSED' kicked in. I have to agree with the consensus I'm seeing from a lot of people here-the Decepticons' approach might not be good for humanity, but given the circumstances and the actions of Optimus Prime and co., their reasons are very understandable and human. It certainly makes the films a lot more interesting (and tragic) when you look at things from the 'con perspective.

• Like Like x 1