I just realized the Decepticons are the good guys

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkEnergon22, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If you believe for one moment most human beings won't answer "Yes" to that question you have a far more generous view of the human race than I do.

• Like Like x 2
  2. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Scale-talk Initiator

News Credits:
    Good point, but you also have to look at it from the point of view of the Autobots. They tend to be a bit more noble in their thoughts and actions than humans are (even if they are 'thoroughly disenchanted' with us).

• Like Like x 1
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    That's heroism, isn't it? Not just protecting the oppressed, but having a generally optimistic view of life in general. Villains on the other hand are self-centred and look down on others around them, which is a kind of cynicism.

It's the area in between the two where things get slippery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Yes, I would. A chance alone would be enough.

Especially if the aliens I'd be sacrificing had lifespans short enough that their entire generations would pass before my second breakfast.

This is why I empathize with the movie Decepticons more. Their actions are more understandable to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    Unicron is the core though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Oh yeah, sure. I mean, trying to raise an army to enslave the universe, blowing up a sun and ending the lives of billions of people, trying later to enslave those same billions of people for work you could do yourself? Psh. Saints, all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Unfortunately, the life even microscopic is very rare phenomenon in the universe. And also Autobots don't fight for their extiction - they fight for the new way of life for Cybertronian civilization - to live in balance with universe, without consuming other worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you know they started the war? As far as the actual movies go you only really have Optimus's word for it.

Plus they may have started the war, but if the decepticons have won, doesn't it make more sense to barter for peace for the last Autobots, rather than resorting to destroying cybertron, rather than have it under decepticon rule? That sounds pretty racist.

9. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

well, as far as we know...life is incredibly resilient & exists in places it has no business being in...did the primes scour entire systems, searching every depth & looking under every rock before destroying a sun? they were already in the process of destroying the milky way's sun before encountering humans so it appears they weren't incredibly thorough in their actions...

what i meant re: the autobots was without a constant source of energon they will eventually die off & the decepticons are the only ones trying (through admittingly despicable, yet desperate means) to preserve that..so in essence, the autobots are not on board with destroying other civilizations to live & would rather die out in that sense. to me, it's a very interesting conundrum...it's kind of like that movie "alive"...would you eat your fellow dead to live or die with your pride?

as far as living in balance with the universe, you are right in that regard & prime's words & actions prove this.."we cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes.." incredibly noble but not everyone agrees with his actions, heck even his own team (ironhide in particular) disagrees with this...id argue even ratchet & jazz dont agree as well but they are loyal to prime...(even some decepticons disagree with the cause but are stranded by loyalty)...the backstory of transformers, how they were created, the war...truly fascinating stuff

• Like Like x 1
  10. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's simple - you can believe it or not. I believe. In ROTF Ironhide was saying another words, by the way;)  I personally have a theory, that Autobots replenish energon, when they feel positive emotions:)  That's why they heal wounds so fast after meeting humans.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BarricadeLives

that is indeed an interesting theory & kind of plays into real world science...positive reinforcement is real...ironhide grew to hate humans are far as i could tell..he was all to anxious to kill some in rotf & only didnt at the behest of prime..."ironhide, we should leave this planet..." more prophetic words may never have been spoken in the series...ratchet saw what was coming..i only wish hide was around for the purge..

12. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He wanted to kill Sam's parents in TF1 and he desagreed with Ratchet that time in ROTF. As I remember:eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  13. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Ratchet agreed to kill Sam's parents in TF1 if you look closely in that scene he holds one of Ironhide's cannons and says "Yeah yeah!"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I meant ROTF, when NEST are exciled from the base on Diego Garcia. Ratchet was ready to fly away from the Earth, but Ironhide disagreed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair Ratchet walked into some power lines before that and might have affected him somehow.

• Like Like x 5
  16. BarricadeLives

ironhide: "that's not what prime would have wanted..."

miss you ironhide!

personally i would have lost my **** once they tossed prime aside like he was some piece of trash

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

If they were of different species, from a different world and as fragile and short-lived as humans are in relation to TFs... With an assumpiont that it might help my species?

Yes, I'd try.

Because they aren't humans. They aren't "people" in relation to me.

As humans we already eat animals, for an example. Or we're wiping entire insect colonies just so our houses can be cleaner.

18. CKPRIME

News Credits:
    Livestock and insects aren't sentient beings like humans are.

• Like Like x 2
  19. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How many cows have you asked?

According to wikipedia "the Treaty of Amsterdam recognises that animals are "sentient beings""

• Like Like x 2
  20. CKPRIME

News Credits:
    So what?