I just realized the Decepticons are the good guys

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkEnergon22, Dec 31, 2017.

1. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

They tried to destroy Unicron all along, The Fallen had a plan to destroy Unicron by wiping out the sun, Sentinel Prime the same, whilst Optimus tries to save Unicron by saving Earth and dooming Cybertron.

• Like Like x 11
  2. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Yay! More recognition to my favourite movie theory.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And kill 7 billions of sentient beings. Who cares?

• Like Like x 8
  4. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the cybertronian perspective, the cons would likely be considered the good guys because they want to, in general, save their own world at the expense of another. Meanwhile the autobots, wanting to save other life forms, are willing to sacrifice cybertron's chances for revival.

Plus Unicron too. Which reminds me, my basic theory for tlk's sequel- unicron's consciousness is attempting (or already has) taken over cybertron, that way we get a planet transforming without destroying earth completely.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It is kind of bad when the Decepticons are the only ones attempting to save the home world. This version of Optimus Prime just isn't enough of a hero to be the hero of two worlds.

• Like Like x 6
  6. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Not really they started a war and there still bad guys not good

• Like Like x 1
  7. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    It all depends on the point of view as always with these kind of things.

• Like Like x 7
  8. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

always felt like it was nonsense these beings would care about us...it's like saying...would the humans obliterate a planet full of insects to ensure their survival? the answer is yes...hell, humans would try to obliterate a planet full of other humans to ensure their survival....optimus & the autobots fight for their own extinction..kind of interesting actually....

i have no doubt there would be a resistance but really it's cutting your nose to spite your face...its like the whole thing about the primes only destroying suns where there is no life..what exactly quantifies life? are we speaking microscopic life because then they'd be sol..it's a delicate balance but count me in as siding with the decepticons

all hail megatron!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

You are at least millennia-old night-immortal entity. Your planet is in peril. Who the hell cares about wrecking the insect's nest to save your homeworld?

You think mankind would behave any different? Not very likely.

If I had to sacrifice a bunch of aliens to save the Earth, along with their kids and loved ones...

Just watch me pulling the trigger.

Priorities, priorities!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  10. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    In other words, the Devil of Transformers lore is offering his own spark so you can return home.

There used to be an Allspark, but now things are more desperate than before that you have no choice but to accept the Devil's offer.

11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Thanks TFP for giving us Earth as Unicron. [sarcasm]

Beyond that, Optimus as someone choosing between Earth and Cybertron is unable to hold water when the humans themselves cannot show themselves worthy of being saved. Their actions in the films paints them in a worse light than their own enemies IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    That's the entire point of Age of Extinction. There is bad in humanity but there is also good. Just like in the Transformers themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Everyone that has ever started a war has painted themselves as the good guys. We are taking back what was stolen from us. We are protecting our way of life. We must strike before the other side can do something horrible to our women and children. We must maintain the social order. We must break the social order. We are just taking our share of whatever resource it is we need to maintain our status on the world stage. Even the Nazi tried to paint themselves as the good guys because few people are going to sign up for we are horrible evil shits doing horrible evil things just because we are evil bastards that might get away with it. It's usually only after the war that people realize oh crap we were the bad guys. Although living in the American South I still find people that don't grasp we were the bad guys.

Some of the better Transformers mythology have Megatron starting out as a freedom fighting Spartacus type figure only to have power corrupt him into something horrible.

• Like Like x 4
  14. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

something else i noticed...in rotf, during the forest battle when megatron is pleading for optimus prime to see reason...paraphrasing "is saving our planet not worth a single human life?"...."you'll never stop at one!"....so, from this reply it seems like prime would sacrifice a human life to save cybertron but his limits stop at genocide...he doesn't trust megatron since megatron is a proven maniac...so there in lies the bones of this conflict...the personal rivalry between prime & megatron & hence we have a neverending, intergalactic blood feud between the two factions

i wish prime & megatron had more dialogue between the two...at the heart of this war lies very interesting & real discussions on why they fight

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  15. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Maverick

News Credits:
    The difference is that Cybertron was already dead. There was nobody on it anymore because the Cybertronians were all scattered across the universe. Would you sacrifice and destroy a thriving and living world for a slight chance to revive your own already dead planet? Its not like Cybertron could ever go back to how it was even if it was revived anyway. The entire Cybertronian race can't just move back and get all happy.

The Decepticons are trying to bring something back from the dead, which never works out well.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Would that have actually killed Unicron, though?

Ummm, Sentinel never wanted to destroy Earth, just enslave humanity and steal its resources.

None of the Decepticons' plans ever involved the literal destruction of Earth until TLK.

• Like Like x 2
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Megatron did say during the forest battle 'There is another source of Energon hidden on this planet.'

It's just fun to speculate sometimes. Also The Fallen wanting to kill Unicron seems like a deeper motivation than just his hatred of humans.

'Decepticons will never leave your planet alone.'-Optimus

Also don't you need the Allspark for Cybertron? Why would a bunch of resources like rocks all of a sudden do the same? Now I can just say that the thing they were looking for all along was Unicron's lifeforce.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    socially? yes. ancient planet-eating horrors are real uppity about their tans

• Like Like x 1
  19. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Well how much of a tan is he getting inside of a planet?

• Like Like x 1
  20. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I mean, a pretty good one. Go to the core of Earth and you'll be incinerated on the way there.

• Like Like x 2