i just realized something....

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Sep 7, 2011.

1. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

i played ROTF the game today and High Moon just went backwards with DOTM

2. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Don't hate, elaborate.

3. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

im not hating. I just dont understand how a video game company can go backwards on a game.
    In ROTF the game we had a bunch of different transformers to play as, you could replay missions as any transformer, the campaign was much longer, there was free roam, and they even threw in a DLC.

DOTM just added stealthforce

4. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Well you didn't say anything in your OP other than RoTF being better than DotM (which I do agree with).

It was definitely a step back, but I've read that DotM was made in less than a year. I understand why they didn't do so well. RoTF was also done by a different company so High Moon didn't have anything from RoTF to work with. They basically had to use WfC as a template to finish in time.

It was a fun game, but not $60 fun. Stealth Force wasn't even new, you could do it in War for Cybertron. At a lower price it would be pretty good, maybe $30-40. If they added some basic free roam or the ability to replay missions with other characters, and I don't see why they didn't, it'd be a great game.

5. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I like TFing in ROTF game better than DOTM. Plus the DLC for ROTF was wicked cool. I mean, Sunstorm, really? Sign me up!

DOTM as a game has nicer enviroments to play in, but it does seem lighter compared to ROTF's overall content. Again, the only new content is the additional characters to play as. I did enjoy stealth killing as Mirage!

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I hated ROTF. It was just no fun at all.

I would've liked DOTM. The approach they took suited me a whole lot better. But the game as a whole was particularly lacking and unsatisfying and disappointing.