I just had a thought

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironhide2005, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Hasbro wrote the tf movie script between the end of season one to the begining of season two correct. So how come hasbro didn't intrudce kup or ultramagnus during season two?Its just a thought

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was an episode that was never aired, called Scramble City, that bridged Season 2 and the movie.

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I dunno about bridging it. It gave some quick introductions and explained metroplex and trypticon, that's about it. Still doesn't explain what they were doing for 20 years.

4. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    I know that and seen it though with commentry

5. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

That's actually a very good question. Maybe because they didn't have the toys of the movie characters ready to sell yet, they needed other toys, the season 2 guys in the interum? It's still strange though, but then logic was never a necessary point of G1.

6. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    Very true

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd say because they wanted a big medium to introduce the new set of characters. The movie was a "perfect" avenue to kill off the old characters and tell the story using new ones.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Well, why don't you introduce characters that are supposed to be introduced in a theatrical movie in an episode that preceeds the movie? That one seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

Also, Scramble City doesn't really "bridge" season 2 and the movie. The only new character from the movie that even appears in it is Ultra Magnus.

9. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

well when you think about it, only autobots stand to be introduced..... all the decepticons got reformatted by unicron

oh yeah.............and dont forget the rather substantial jump in time. I mean Spike has a kid!

i like the abruptness of the introduction. Makes it seem like time actually has passed, and not just another episode

10. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

AND scramble city was not made by the american studios, it was created after the 3 episodes of season 4 by the japaneise studios. you can see it in the way prime run in the episode (japaniese animation style) and many other factors.

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

It was a weird time for the collectors before the 86 Movie release too. I had collected many of the Transformers, Kup, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Blurr and even Rodimus Prime before the release. The BIO Cards didn't give away the Movie. No mention was made of Rodimus once being Hot Rod (although I had wondered why the two looked so much alike) and Galvatron was only listed as a "City Commander". It was a mistake IMHO that characters like UM, Blurr and even Kup weren't given origin stories. However in Kup's case that's not such a big deal. :lol  It was hard watching Season 3 when it was on Television for the first time. Optimus was dead and "Dark Awakening", an early episode, didn't have the happy voice-over the first time it aired. I was so happy when TROOP aired. :D