I just got WFC and have some questions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Mar 12, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

WFC doesn't seem to do a great job of explaining how the controls work, at least for the PC version. Each character is suppose to have an ability such as clocking. I checked the keymapping and all it says is "Left" which doesn't really mean anything to me. Left what? Left Shift, Left Ctrl, Left Alt, Left Mouse? I don't know, what the hell does Left mean?

Another thing is I have no idea how to change weapons without simply picking up another weapon. It's showing I can hold two at a time but doesn't tell me how to alternate between them. There's been a few times when I have been out of ammo on one gun, had an alternate gun with ammo and no way to get to it.

Next question, teams. How are they chosen? I seem to get stuck as a Decepticon 90% of the time.

And also how are there 61 people online if there are only 2 people in Team Death Match? Does the total at the top include people who are on single player mode? Everything else was at 0 and there were 2 people in the TDM so where were the other 59 people? Along the same lines am I only playing with other PC users or is everyone on the same server?

I've seen people using spinning melee but all I can do is attack in 1 direction. And I keep getting killed without ever seeing anyone, not the invisible guys, oddly enough I can actually see them. What's up with that?

I noticed as a Decepticon that my team mates names were marked in Purple, Autobots in red. I've gotten a few kills after figuring this out today using Soundwave and a sniper riffle. But on the rare occasion that I did get to play an Autobot and tried to attack the Purple guys I was rather shocked to discover that they were still allies. WHAT? Enemies are always marked in Red... which sort of makes sense, but why are Allies marked in Decepticon Purple even when you're an Autobot. This doesn't make any sense.

Last question, why is there a friends list, and multiplayer, if you can't TALK to anyone? I may just download TeamSpeak again, see if my old SG server is still running, and open a new room for WFC. Anyone interested in joining a TeamSpeak server so you can talk to eachother, it's free! (I'll post the information to get on the server if at least 10 people want to join it.)

2. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

I got sick of the stupidly configured controls and bought an Xbox remote, trust me it'll make your gameplay much easier and more enjoyable. Also those players not in multi may be in co-op or escalation. And finally the purpose of the friends list is to keep track of the people you like to game with. I'm not going to dignify the whole multiplayer question with an answer. If you'd like to chat with other players, join Steam Forums. lots of other people chat and organize matchs on that forum, plus you can download an upgraded ini file with all the new characters on it;READ THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE DOWNLOADING FIRST FIRST, VERY IMPORTANT.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I was more talking about talking DURING game play. Not just for organizing matches. It's actually really helpful to be able to communicate with your team during a match otherwise It's not REALLY a team, it's a free for all.

I actually have another game which was designed by one of the same companies. I happen to notice an Unreal Tournament logo on the loading screen of War For Cybertron and figured out allot of the controls by playing the game the same way I would for UT which worked for the most part. But UT has a built in chat feature which WFT seems to be severely lacking. The characters don't even seem to talk to each other like they did on UT, instead they seem to randomly say quotes from the solo game that have nothing to do with playing in Team Death Match.

And the X-Box controller thing would actually be worse for me because I'm entirely unfamiliar with the controls. As I said before I haven't played any console games in 7 years and the last game I did play was on Game Cube and N64 which I don't even own anymore. Basically I'd have to relearn everything I've already figured out how to do instead of just the few things I asked about.

4. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

Visit the Steam Forums for all your PC related questions...

muffinman has a server for voice chat system he hosts for multiplayer or escalation as well. He swings by here from time to time.

5. atomicmuffin

atomicmuffin Escalationer

I keep track of these forums, just not many posting on it these days. Yes saberprime, there is not chat in game of any kind. But I do rent out a ventrilo server, stop on by. you can find it at the link nehushtan posted above.

EDIT: I love the PC controls. No problem with them once so ever. Also you can download a third party software that will fix your problem with the controls. Its called Autohotkey, google it. You will be able to make the controls whatever you want them to be.

Feel free to add me in game as well... themuffinman is my tag. I dont play as much as I used to but still play a good bit. We got a group of about 7-8 that play WFC on the vent server.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd recommend getting an Xbox controller. The PC controls suck.