I just got the classics minicons, now convince me they're good

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Jan 5, 2007.

1. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Whether you like the Classics Minicons or not you have to admit it's nice to see Hasbro/Takara getting experimental with their designs again. Not one of these guys transforms in a conventional manner, and I have to admit I do have a soft spot for bizarre, feakish looking robot modes.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I just got these guys and I really like them. They're all such creative little guys that are fun to transform. With one glaring exception. The cop car. I cannot for the life of me transform this guy, and I'm ready to consider him the most frustrating transformer I've ever owned. Does anyone else have issues with him or am I just missing something really obvious?

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I love them, but then again I'm a Mini-con/Micron whore, so I'm kinda biased on them!:lol 

4. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Strongarm was a real pain in the ass. I though I was going to break him when I was transforming him. Work on one side at a time by pulling on the front and back and not the middle. With a little time you should get it.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    yeah, it took me a while to transform him too. I really couldn't figure it out. just realize that the sides don't swing out all the way. since this thread got brought up again, I'd like to say that the minicons are all lined up on a random bookcase, and I've since become happy with them. yay minicons!

6. Abrogate

News Credits:
    The instructions show the sides folding in towards the middle, and you guys are saying to pull and swing. I have to say I still dont get it

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    no, the sides really fold outward. it's almost impossible to break the little buggers, I didn't use the instructions, and actually figured it out when one of the sides popped off.

8. Abrogate

News Credits:
    ok, I sort of figured him out by cheating. I used a knife to pry his knees down, and once I did that, I found out his legs are in fact connected to his arms, so that if you spin the leg the arm goes with it. I assumed they were free moving pieces before. So, I have him in robot mode, and his left side is facing all the way forward as it should, but the right side is not. There's something blocking it's movement so it's pointed slightly outward. So now he's assymetrical. This presents a further complication. Now, for some reason, his right is not only assymetrical to the left side in bot mode, it's assymetrical to itself in vehicle mode. Meaning the front and the back won't sit flush together. One has to jut out to get the other aligned, and I can't seem to get both aligned.

Honestly, if I was a professional critic, this guy would get my lowest marks. As these are children's toys, I can't imagine a child ever having fun with him. On the contrary, I think a child should be so disappointed with this that he'll grow up to hate the police.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I don't think you quite caught what I said. his sides don't go out all the way. one side WILL even though that's not how he's supposed to be. if you look closely, I'd bet the side that's not going out is the part that his head is connected to. I did the same thing. it's the part that holds his head up that keeps it from going out all the way. nothing you can do about that.

10. Abrogate

News Credits:
    yes, I did notice that that was the piece which was causing the blockage. I felt that it looked better if it "went all the way out" but was dismayed to find that it couldn't. That was no longer the problem, as I finally finished the bot mode.

I'm obviously being melodramatic, trying to get a few laughs, but I still think this guy is a piece of junk for causing this much trouble. Even the BW Neo shell formers didnt irk me this much (well, yes they did, but they're not this small). I fixed his alignment problem in vehicle mode by just bending it back into position. He still isnt PERFECTLY aligned (now his left side won't go all the way in, I'm sure if I tried I could bend this back too) but I have him working now. But still, I really dont understand why he had to be this difficult