I just got the classics minicons, now convince me they're good

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I just finally got my pile of loot from bbts, and one of the things in it was the wave 1 minicons. now I really like minicons, and have all but 8 of the various molds. I knew going into this that I liked all of the alt. modes, and that some of the bot modes from these particular 9 I didn't care for. but now that I have them, I don't like ANY of the bot modes. the demolition team is by far the worst. I believe only one of the guys has paint apps on his head? I mean jeez, and all of them have absolutely useless arms, both for play value and if they were real. I know there's a lot of people that like them, and I just need somebody to show me the light. please?

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I just got mine too and I agree except for Firebot. If he had more paint and maybe some better feet I think he would be great. Knockdown is my second favorite bot but not that great. Almost all of the rest are utter crap as far as bot modes go, even for Mini-cons. Sorry but I don't think I can convince you or myself that they are good, other than Firebot.

I also got my G.I. Joe Viper Pit sets (2) today with my order (also got Scourge, Optimal Optimus, and Prime vs. Megatron). The reason I bring them up are that these too are somewhat disappointing. They look great but the plastic feels really cheap, even for the new 3 3/4" G.I. Joe figures. Also the backpacks fall out easy and movement is horrible, although I have seen a thread on a G.I. Joe site on how to fix them but don't fill like taking the risk at this time.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I like most of them, except for the tank. He is utter shit, followed by the rest of his team.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He makes a really nice tank though. :) 

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He has no feet, and can't even stand up. NO FEET!

He is a nice tank, you're right, but his robot mode is the worst I've ever seen in a minicon.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

For some reason, I kind of like Broadside's freaky ass bot mode. I couldn't tell you why, I just do. Divebomb would be awesome, if he at least had shoulder articulation. It's bizarre, So many moving parts on the helicopter, but the robot is totally imobile. :confused: 

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just got the demolition team and the dinobots and honestly only terrorsaur has a decent bot mode (that is if u dont have a problem with the no hands thing). Sledge and Wideload are ranked a little below. Wideload especially would be great if he had more paint apps and some molded hands (like the g1 micromasters)

8. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

The only ones I don't really like are Divebomb and Strongarm. All of the others have at least a goofy charm to them. Broadside is all kinds of silly awesome plastic and needs a Warpath repaint stat.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm sorry. I can't convince you. I can't even convince myself that they're good.

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you leave them in alt mode, they are pretty sweet...Kind of micromaster-esque IMO. I really dig the cop car, the construction vehicle, and the helicopter (don't remember anyone's names). The bot modes are utter shit on every single one in my opinion.

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

this is why I passed on them. They just looked like utter crap.

12. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I like them but as the case with most minicons their bot modes are on the weak side.
    I took a look on my shelf and they are all just laying scattered with the dino team over them as if they just killed them a bunch of minicons! :lol 
    It wasnt intentional, but when I put them all down on the shelf I didnt have time to primp them and they just wouldnt stand.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I looked at them all at a store the other day and felt the same way. I was tempted because of the awesome alt modes, but the bot modes were uninspiring. The t-rex would be awesome repainted as BW Megatron.

14. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I love them all. The robot modes are the opposite of Micromasters. Every single one of them has a unique transformation scheme Most of them have never been attempted by any toy, ever. Divebomb is my personal favourite becaus ehis robot mode is that of a mischievious dwarf. Then wideload, who I figure is a fembot with an unfortumate alt mode.
    I love the others too. I love the backhoe. His only useful bit of articulation is to scratch his butt. That's awesome.

I think the reasons I like them are the EXACT reasons you hate them.

15. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

They are pretty bad....and I love me some Minicons! What REALLY irks me is that never before have I seen so many differences (mostly paint) on so many bots compared to the pics on the backs of the cards.....grrrr....

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The helicoptor and Swoops robot modes are ridiculus

17. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

My local WM just stocked up on those soon-to-be pegwarmers...I don't dig 'em. Some of the alt modes are OK, for the most part, but the bot mods seem to be almost a total compromise; I won't be picking any of these up.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like all of 'em. But that's because I've come to terms that they weren't meant to imitate more traditional TFs, and instead be more experimental and freaky. And for that, I love 'em to bits.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The main reason why I passed them up was also due to the bot modes too...couldn't like them...