I Just Got Ripped Off!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, Jan 29, 2007.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    First of all to avoid any confusion I wasn't conned, the seller I bought this from is rock solid reliable, so I don't want people thinking this.

Anyway to my joy Kiss Players Autolooper came in the mail today however, and you guessed it I was in for a very rude shock......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yep thats right. Picked his box out of the package and it seemed a tad light. Turns out his box was opened up, and Autolooper figure along with his instruction and all accessories were removed/stolen from his box and hence that is all that remains.

So I don't know WTF to make of this one. I figure it had to have occurred somewhere in the postal system, as again this seller I know I can trust 110%.

What a way to start off a week :banghead: 

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    1st onesock, now u? what is this? geting ripped off week?!

bummer dood.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

Damn! I'd be pissed.

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Dude I am sorry, my brand Autorooper filled me with joy and unbridled curiosity as to what stickers to adorn him with...

What happened to you: THAT sucks!

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What the heck?! I am so sorry :(  So you reckon someone opened your package somewhere along the way?

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Was there a magic trick that was part of this figure? It looks like everything got abracadabraed out!

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I guess there is no way to prove how/when this happened.

That really, REALLY sucks. :( 

8. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, that's awful! :(  Sorry to hear that, SWCA.

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How did the package look like, did it seem to be opened and taped up again? If that's someone in the postal service, I assume they can't smuggle the package out to open it in their place?
    That really sucks, worse than a missing parcel.

10. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Was the shipment insured?

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If if was stolen by someone in the postal system, there's a pretty good chance they knew what to find in the box, and they either know you collect TFs, or that the seller ships them.

Not sure what you could do to prevent it, but it's the type of scenario which could repeat itself quite easily.

Now that you mention it, My Autorooper is AWOL.

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That is extremely messed up!! Pay attention to ebay and all the boards, look for someone selling Autorooper loose with Kremzeek and Atari.

13. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Something like that happened to me before but not as bad. Ordered a MISB THS-02 from a internet toy shop that I got numerous TFs from. Instead fot a MIB already played with toy. But the problem was fixed and solved. Returned the MIB and got a MISB one. It was worth the trouble cause I already got to play with the MIB and didn't have to open my MISB.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

whaaaaat theeeee fuuuuuuuuu*k????

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That sucks man. If you insured the package or not I would be complaining to the postal service.

Did this package come from a retailer in Canada (i.e. didn't go through customs)? I know you don't want to name the person/store you bought it from, but I would talk to them anyways and see if they can help you out, either with evidence to prove that it was a complete item when they packed it, or with filing a claim/complaint with the postal service.

Good luck SW.ca

16. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, is there a package weight listed on the shipping label? If so, how does it jive with the actual weight of the package you received?

That really really sucks, man. I hope you can find some way to get some satisfaction out of all of this.

17. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Wow..that's awful..How would someone in the post office know what it was though? They'd have to chance opening a LOT of packages just to open it. And then to actually deliver it, instead of saying it was "just lost." That seems risky. Sorry, I work with our Universities Post Office, and just seems like an odd system for that. Did it have the proper weight/scale for postage to it? Are you sure the seller didn't accidentily send you an opened / store display box?

18. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bummer.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Maybe it was accidentally delived to the wrong house, and they decided to check it out. Then stole the booty and closed the chest back

I had a neighbor do that to me with some swords. His wife brought my package over, but her husband took a sword from it. She brought that back too a few days after , and apologized for him.
    She was Mexican and barely spoke english, and I didnt know how too say "Fu** you thief" in spanish, so I just took it and shut the door.

Dont think a mail worker did it. They have so much come through there that interrests them alot more than TF,s that I doubt they'd risk their job for that.
    Maybe if it was a new ipod or something. Just seems someone had the package somewhere where they were comfortable opening it to do all that, and a post office would be hard to do it at

20. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I would complain to the post office if it was insured. Even if it wasn't their fault. Get your money back man.