I just got my Masterpiece Skywarp...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Hole lee CRAP!!!

His jet mode is just too beautiful for words! This mold looks great in black. I almost didn't want to transform him, I really wish Hasbro had added the extra paint apps to Starscream that he has, all the little "no step" signs and what not.

Plastic quality feels identical to Hasbro MP Starscream, construction quality is about the same too, the lower legs are loose in the exact same place they are on Hasbro MP Screamer. The left thumb on mine is very loose as well.

I'm actually debating if I should put the stickers on him or not, he looks so good as is.

I'm also debating on the hip kibble modification I did to Starscream, while it greatly improves stability and articulation, I'm not sure I want to cut up something that cost me $85 plus shipping...

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Congrats man! I absolutely love my MP Skywarp. I was going to put the stickers on when I first got it, then put it off to the point I forgot. I still need to do it, I saw KA's pics with the stickers and it looks killer!

3. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Congrats dude! I love my Skywarp. I've only got the wing stripes on so far, but I'm probably only going to add the upside down decepticon emblems on the wings (incidentally, Skywarp's sticker map directs you to place the decepticon emblems upside down...thought it was an interesting little tidbit).

I also endorse doing the mod. Yeah, he cost as much as he cost, but will you really be happy looking at him in sub-standing dymanic poses while screamer stands in all his articulated glory? I didn't hesitate to chop some pieces off mine, no regrets. Still have to do the leg mod, but I did the hips right out of the box.

He looks kick-ass with Screamer.

4. Dark_Convoy

Yeah, I can't wait to get home from work so I can put him on the shelf next to MP Megs, MP Screamer, and all the Alt Decepticons. It's gonna be badass.

I just hope that Takara or Hasbro releases Thundercracker.

5. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Couldn't agree more about Thundercracher dude.

I've gotta do a photo shoot of my new set-up, and I know you'll appreciate as it's pretty much the same stuff you collect. I've got a pretty good 'bots vs. 'cons shelf going on.

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    When I first got MP Skywarp, I must admit I was reluctant to transform him because of how good the alt. mode looked. I didn't transform him for a couple of days. I've also never got round to putting the stickers on either much, as I wanted to before I got him.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still don't even have Starcream. (T_T)

8. Dark_Convoy

Well, I did it.

I modded him up just like Starscream, it turned out just as good too, except the black plastic is less forgiving when showing cut marks and such, so I'm going to have to paint over the cut edges with glossy black paint.

Other than that he looks perfect now!

9. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Skywarp is a glossy black plastic god, and he knows it.

As for Thundercracker... I hope that too. For now, Greenscream is his placeholder in my collection. But for all it's problems, it's very much my favourite Masterpiece mold, just for the kind of expressive poses you can get out of it.

10. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

I put my stickers on straight away.

also you DONT have to chop anything up on the legs if you wana do the mod, just take the jet section off the hips and remove the BOTTOM screw and push the connection piece on the leg into the hole were the screw originally was. You will notice the jet piece is now high enough for the figure to stand correctly without having to cut anything up and all you need to is remove 1 screw and use that hole instead.

However if you want it to be 100% accurate you DO have to cut the top piece off the jet part and either glue it to the undercarrage of the wings or just stick them to the hips were they were originally.

I think jet mode sucks without the stickers personally. i prefered skywarp much more once i did place the stickers on the mould

11. misfit1015

misfit1015 Well-Known Member

Congrats on grtting a great MP. Also, yes, add the stickersand He'll look even better.

12. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Congrats. Stickers were a must for me. Like you, I really liked his F-15 mode straight out of the box. But he looked 10x better when I put the stickers on. I put on the G1 wing stripes, upside-down faction symbols, and the "SW" stickers on his tail fins.

Awesome figure.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the mod he's talking about removes the ball joints completely off the hips, and has the fins permanently attached to the shins, making it look more like the original mold for this figure.

Glad you cut it DC! take some shots of the two next to each other :)  As for Thundercracker, considering Takomy teased a picture with him, I'd say he's going to happen, its only a matter of when.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Apply! He looks better with them on.

15. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

And no regrets, right? God I hope they do Thundercracker!

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Congrats man! I have him too and he is all kinds of awesome.

17. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I thought I was odd because I gave serious thought to leaving the stickers off, but curiosity got the better of me.....once I put the wing and tailfin stripes on I liked it even more.

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I still don't have any MP figures...;-;

Gotta agree though, Skywarp is BEAUTIFUL in jet mode.

19. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Well I was originally only going to get one MP Seeker, and my Wal-mart Screamer arrived in the post yesterday. But, as much as I love him, I keep looking at him on his display stand and thinking...

"Man alive, how cool would that mold look in black..."

I fear Skywarp is an inevitability at this point.