I just gained 30 lbs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, May 29, 2007.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in 4 months. :(  I'm now hovering around 205 lbs and hating it. At first it was a good thing, as I was working out and gaining muscle as well (I've loved lifting weights since I was about 12, surprisingly the last time I had a gut as well.) But over that 4 month span of time I started working a co-op for GE and being my first job where I was getting an actual paycheck, let's just say I was a whore for the overtime ($500 a week + $370 in overtime= win :D  )

The worst part is now its summer, and I'm not gonna walk around with a pot belly (low self esteem FTL) so now its time to get back in shape. Lifting weights hasn't been that hard on me, but the running part is killing me and I find myself not running like I need to. Oh well, rant over. I'm about to get back to my oatmeal pies, while watching tv and wait on my chinese food to arrive. :lol 

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fat ass.

Nah, I'm jking. :D 

Congrats on your first real paycheck!

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I've put on a good 20 pounds in the last 6 months myself, I'm up to 215 (I was about 195 and 15% body fat) and it pisses me off that I've been working so much that I have no time to lift anymore.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I know what you're talking about. I went from a very physical job ( making $14.11 an hour ) to a much less physical job ( making $20.63 an hour ). I couldn't turn down the money, but I've put on a few pounds as a result. I had been going to the gym til I had chest pains and was told to take a week off. That was 3 weeks ago. Got out of the habit now.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Working out less means you have to ramp down and eat less. I'm training for my first marathon this October and luckily haven't had to increase the amount I eat. In fact, I have to eat a lot healthier or my run sucks to do.

And I'm not really losing weight, but I am losing inches around my neck, arms, legs and gut. Building lots of lean muscle.

6. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

:useless 

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

You wonder why your fat. Lay off the pies and Chnese food. Fried foods period and Soda. Drink only water and you will see the diference right away. Lift those weights as well.

8. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't get me wrong, I know why I've gained weight, i just felt like ranting about it. The last line of my original post was a joke btw (well, except for the chinese food part.) I've changed my diet since I'm back in school and I don't eat fast food 3-5 days out of the week like i was doing a few months ago (more like once a month now). I haven't gained any weight since late March, but getting back into the habit of running has been really hard for me

:lol  hardly. Maybe a before pic but DEFINATELY not the after :lol 

9. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Good luck on the weight loss. :) 

I'm getting back into working out myself. FINALLY got the courage to get back into Taekwondo. Unfortunately, I'm still a little unmotivated, but that will slowly change. Getting my flexibility back and gradually loosing the inches. Ten or fifteen pounds is my goal before summer's end.

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah I've put on some pounds over the past 9 months myself

Put it's all in the right places so I don't mind. Only thing is that it's murder on my wardrobe. Some of my shirts/t-shirts don't fit anymore. And some others are tight around my chest and back but whatever ;) 

I'm 197-200lbs and love it :D 

Weight lifting rocks, it's the best thing for a control freak like me. After all I alone can decide to go or not to go. And to eat or not to eat :D 

My best suggestion for losing weight...do cardio BEFORE you eat breakfast. After 7 hours of not eating due to being asleep, it encourages the use of FAT not nutrients for energy

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Over the last few months I have lost about 13 lbs, by working out. With my job increasing a lot in the past month I have mot been able to as much, but I am getting back on pace. I would like to be down to about 160 by Botcon.

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I started working out in march of 2007 at 230 pounds. I'm 5'11" 3/4. Now, about 14 months later I am at 138 pounds and my waist measures about 27 inches from about a 38. I still do my 30+ minutes a day of aerobic exercise and I do about 400 sit ups and about 100 push ups a day as well.

13. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

[​IMG]

14. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

:eek:  Hard bodies are awesome. How did you deal with the stretch marks? That had to be alot of expanded skin. That is one hell of a transformation, I give you alot of credit. I wish I could get my thighs and butt tighter than what they are. My stomach and hips are pretty tight, I like them.

15. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I lost about 10 pounds today.

God that was a huge dump.

16. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Did you have to wave your hands to get the lights back on?

17. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

dude... stay away from Chinese take out! Im chinese myself... and I hardly ever eat the stuff.

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:

Damn Fred, your a new man. Congrats!!!!!!

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Actually there aren't that many stretch marks. Just some on my sides where my hip bones are but nothing really gross and all. My skin isn't all loose either, during the process i used a lot of healing lotion and stuff like that to help it retain it's elasticity. It seemed to have worked very well. I put lotion al my whole body everyday.

I did change my eating habbits entirely as well.

20. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    holy crap! that's amazing