I just found this on TFWiki

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Nov 28, 2008.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Discuss.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    But I don't wanna...

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

does that line have any confirmation?

if prime was to merge with cybertron to defeat unicron that would have been fucking epic, instead prime dies and hotrod drives inside unicron instead? coooool

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The wiki says that this is the source of that tidbit, but I don't see anything about that in the interview.

Then again. I'm just skimming through it.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That would be cheesy yet awesome.

6. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I preferred it that Prime died. Afaik no cartoon had its hero killed off before. Would have preferred it if Magnus had opened the Matrix inside Unicron though.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's discussed a bit more here.

8. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Twenty-five years and I've never seen anything official to back that rumor. And besides, "the idea of Primus transforming" actually "bears" major "resemblance" to Unicron transforming. You know, whole planet turning into a robot thing, n'all. I wouldn't have minded seeing it. But then, I wouldn't have minded seeing Primus transform back in the day period.

9. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    seriously sad and worthless. nuff said.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Interesting concept, I wonder if we might ever see some variation of this appear in modern fiction.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    um....
    woulda that made prime the first headmaster type?

one other thing about primus (and Metroplex, too) if he transformed, what would happen to all the 'tronians and the cities, and other things on its surface.

a stretch of a concept, IMHO.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Many thanks! Even after all this time as a fan, there's still information to be learned. I may be in a very small majority, but I would have liked to have seen this.

Hot Rod finds the Matrix floating around after Unicron is destroyed. THEN he become Rodimus Prime. LOL

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This was something I always used when backing up my preference for Cybertron to be non-transforming. If you're going to make yourself into a planet and then populate it with beings, you're not likely to want to kill all those beings by transforming. With Unicron it's okay because he doesn't have cities all over him and he doesn't care about the lives of others.
    For Primus to transform to protect anything from attack he'd first have to evacuate all the beings that live on and/or in him. That's not overly useful if an attack comes without warning:

Primus: "Yeah, just give me a few hours to get everyone safely off me before you start attacking so I can transform and defend myself."
    Unicron: "Okay. I saw bar in the galaxy I passed on my way here. I'll go have a few drinks until you're ready."

Right...

I much prefer that Primus created the TFs to battle for him when the time came. Unfortunately they decided to break off into factions and fight amongst themselves. It makes it more about the Autobots and Decepticons having to work together to stop a huge threat rather than them sitting back while two planet-sized robots beat the crap out of each other.

So, for the topic I'd question the logic of Optimus transforming Cybertron because it would likely result in many deaths from TFs being trapped in mechanisms, damaged by attacks, or thrown around or off into space.
    At least Metroplex in the movie was a stationary base with safe areas to get to when it was transformed. Personally I'd rather not be inside Metroplex when he becomes a robot though.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

look who's talking you made a photocomic doing something simmilar where unicron is going get primus but primus blasts him :deadhorse ring bell sol?

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    He's a god. I'm sure he could transform some way so it wouldn't impact the lives of those living on him that much.

16. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Didn't the end of TF Energon have something similar? Prime combined with Omega Supreme to take on Unicron or something. I never got to see the end.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I don't think the movie would be as cultish today if Prime hadn't died, but then again the series may continued long if Prime remained the lead character of season 3.

18. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    That would've been cool to see, Optimus a god!

19. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    :) 

Me, I'm too fond of the idea of Primus transforming. I prefer to think of it as, being he's the killswitch on Unicron, him slumbering per the canon, the race set to fight the fight per the canon, them sadly warring among each other per the canon, but the ability for Primus to transform always present, just a last resort item. When all else fails. Nah mean? If it was ever to happen, yeah I'd guess the destruction would be vast. I mean, you have to recall this is a metal planet that's survived the eons and been built upon as time progressed. We're talking layers & layers of history. IF the original form were to ever reconfigure those layers would be shed making for some vast destruction. But as far as Cybertron's original form goes (and if you don't care for the layers of history bit you can apply this to all of Cybertron no matter the era) I do believe Primus would have the forsight to do things such as retract cities n'such during transformation. I mean we all saw how Autobot City/Metroplex slid this way & that, retracted this, brought forth that, to reconfigure.

Of course, this Primus transforming love of mine was solidified with the toy of Cybertron Primus. So my logic here is hardly impartial. ;) 

20. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I thought Prime merged with the Minicons to defeat Unicron. That actually happened.

Oh, wait. You're talking about TFTM.

Nevermind.