I just finished Galaxy Force

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dr Kain, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I just finished watching Galaxy Force, and I must say, it turned out to be quite an enjoyable series. It had its negatives, like Prime needing to go Super 2-3 times an episode (thankfully though, his combining things only went with 2 TFs instead of becoming a gimmick with many), and that the plot stretched out a little bit in parts (the series could have been done in 40-45 episodes), but overall, I liked it. Most of the battles were cool, especially the when Megatron nearly kills Hotshot, Firstaid, and Backpack (not sure of his US name), and the battle when Megatron first became Galvatron. The ending was still a little disappointing, but the final fight between Prime and Galvatron was certainly better now that I had watched the whole series leading up to it. I wish Primus had done more, but he was certainly portrayed a lot better than Unicron was in Armada and Energon. It is too bad that we did not learn more about Soundwave and Sideways, and why they are still with Starscream, but I can deal with that. You can never kill evil. Lastly, the concept of different worlds featuring different TF types was pretty cool, especially Gigalos and Animatros. Having animal TFs brought back memories of BW, but I wish there were more that we were shown than the few we had.

In the end, I'm giving this series a 4/5 stars and hope that if Takara ever makes another series, it does not take them 3 tries to get it right again.

Oh, and my girlfriend is now watching the whole series because she watched the Chromia vs Lori episode, and got really into it.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I hated that part, it was such a waste of episode.

3. Dr Kain

It was more of Lori screaming the hell out of Flame Convoy that got her into it. After all, FC's reaction is just priceless. As is Lori's face when she tells Wing Saber to chase after Chromia.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, that was a pretty good light-hearted episode, considering the huge scale of the later battles.
    What bugs me though is the lack of Gigalonia Transformers. I've already dubbed my Longrack a denizen of Gigalonia, throw me one of those powerlinx port keys in the style of that place and I'll make Scavenger one of them as well. The beasts got a decent showing, but there were too few actual Gigalonians - just Megalo, Blender, Moledive, and that clumsy crane guy.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I totally agree about Longrack, i really wish he'd have been released with a Giant planet key instread of a Cybertron Autobot one.

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was assuming the other Gigalonians were buried by Blendal after they were defeated by him and Megalo. He says that's what happens to the losers after all :lol 

I also enjoyed Galaxy Force :) 
    I read the booklet which came with DVD Vol.13 and according to that the last scenes of "where are they now?" are ideas gathered among the cartoon stuff (like Soundwave and Noisemaze found home in a parallel universe etc). Nice touch.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    GF is hands-down my favorite post-BW show. Yeah there's some parts that drag a bit (the race episodes early on for example) but it's just an awesome show. I even love the theme songs.

8. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Awesome. I'd love to read a translation or even just the choice highlights of that. What's the story about Master Galvatron VS Vector Prime in the void? I'd bet a lot of people would love to know about that one.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I actually rate this series as my favourite of all time, even though it was BW that got me into TF's.

Im pretty sure aswell, Longrack (well, his crane and shovel) are seen with the Gigalonians a few times.

I did find it pretty lame that Soundwave only shows up for 9 or 10 episodes before getting killed.

In regards to the Lori vs Chromia episode, I wasnt too impressed by the whole Lori + Sonic Bomber vs Chromia fights, Flame Convoy vs Nitro Convoy had quite a few good bits, and some good visual shots, (the part where Flame Convoy is swinging his axe around). Thundercrackers battle with Dreadrock was good, Though I preffered this scene with the Cybertron dub, as Jetfires comments of 'say what now?', 'Crikey' and 'Now thats what I call a punch!' made it more enjoyable.

I did feel that Galvatrons death was sort of Anti-climactic, I think that could have been drawn out a bit longer, perhaps with him getting sucked into the black hole or something.

They really should have continued this series, the finale alone left so many new doors open, like Vector Prime vs Galvatron, Demolisher + Guardshell vs Super Starscream, the rebuilding of Animatros, The space bridge project, the neo-destron army. etc.

10. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the Flame Convoy VS Nitro Convoy fighting. Short, but it emphasised just how different they are in a fight. Nitro is all precision and finesse (loved his little acrobatic jump) while Flame Convoy was pure and unrelenting power.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Galaxy Force is my over all favorite TF series, including Beast Wars. It really instilled a grand sense of the high adventure space opera with the way it sorta went all over the place but was still connected. The scenes that most needed to be dramatic were done with intensity and a certain dramatic flair. The combination of 3-D, digital 2-D, and hand-painted elements was pulled off beautifully for the most part. There were great characters, and a considerably larger cast than usual. Finally, it had what I consider the very best fight scenes outside of the Prime vs Megatron fight in the '86 movie. It will be hard to top this series.

12. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Since I have my Cybertron / GF figured divided by planet, I have Longrack with the Gigalonians as well.

13. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Ah, I wasn't sure if those titbits were common knowledge. I'll post the translation of "where are they now?" page tonight :) 

14. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Awesome, thanks.

15. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

ooo, very much looking forward to that

16. SydneyY

News Credits:
    It's done. Please excuse my awkward English.

Here's the link :)  (170kb)
    Where are they now?

Also this is a background story of Planet X, taken from Soundwave character bio in the same booklet.

PlanetX/Soundwave Story (from Soundwave character bio)

When Master Megatron absorbed Unicron's spark, the body's recovering function went out of control in another universe and became Planet X.
    The resident Transformers had their origin in planet Cybertron, but not migrants like other planets Transformers. They were the ones that were formerly absorbed by Unicron and became part of his body, then reproduced to assist the planet's activity.
    They eventually extracted Unicron's memory data from the planet's memory bank and copied it to their own device they created with their technology.
    Soundwave was one of (the TFs) who were in charge of the data.
    He continued analyzing the data even after the destruction of Planet X and finally learned of the relation of Primus and Planet Force to Gigalonia, who destroyed his home.
    He conceived a plan to take Planet Force and resurrect Planet X to revenge on Gigalonia.

17. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

That Planet X thing is weird, buit I think I'd understand it if I wuld've watched the series :p 

Thank for the translation.

18. Dr Kain

So it just shows what those still scenes at the end of the final episode meant?

19. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Yeah, sorry if that was disappointing :lol 

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, thanks for the translations. :D  I guess that helps solve the mystery of who the sunglared TF was. Initial T? o_O  Neato.