I hope. *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, May 27, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

You'll have to forgive me you all, but I just had to say this. After getting ahold of the Transformers novel JUST so I could read about one particular scene, I had to say something.

I really hope the twins don't get cut.

What happens to them is truly touching. Skids leaping infront of the Autobot's star warrior Bumblebee when Sentinel is about to shoot him point blank is just a very redeeming way to go out. And his last words to Mudflap almost made me tear up, telling his brother that he was sorry for not being "so smart" when Skids always claimed to be the smart twin.

Mudflap avenging his brother and telling the other Autobots to escape left me awestruck aswell. He attacks Sentinel despite overwhelming odds, and actually brought him down and began to beat on him for a while before being killed himself.

These two funny characters sacrifice themselves for the greater good, and that should be enough for anyone who disliked them originally to atleast give them a second chance. The go down like heroes, and their moment of redemption should definately make the final cut.

2. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you. I actually thought about something very similar when I thought they'd be in it. But that's a perfect scene. I hope to god some how they make it to the final cut. I know people have said they're not in it. But I hope it's just to throw us off (probably not) That would be a real jerker. Or at the very least add to the DVD.

3. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

i would love this...i hope atleast this scene stays...hopefully they are in it but bay toned them down so much that he considers them to no longer be the twins from rotf so he says that they arent in it

4. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    It's a powerful scene; Bay would be a fool to cut it.

5. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

I thought I would never want to see them again. I read that scene and it socked me in the gut. If by some miracle this does make the final cut, it may get the film some extra stars. I pray this is in DOTM because its the redemption that the Twins, Bay, and the franchise need after their disgrace in ROTF.

6. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Knowing Bay he would cut it to troll lots of people, despite actually adding something to the movie.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cut it. Twins ruin the moviesss!!!11

8. AutobotSkids

My list of why it should be in the movie:

1) Killing the twins adds to the "darker" theme.
    2) It compensates for their goofiness in RotF (If you disliked them).
    3) It gives us closure to two major charcters.
    4) It would provide emotional depth to the characters and movie.
    5) Not everybody disliked them!!!

Feel free to add to the list if you want. :) 

9. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

6) The people who dont like them get to see them die.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Just hope they are in the film

11. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

A good input to the conversation collector

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I almost felt bad for the Twins - it was a more noble ending than I thought they deserved, and if Bay cuts it - it'd be a bad move.

13. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup thats a way for them to go out in a "dark toned" movie... R.I.P Skids & Mudflap

14. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

To be honest, when I read the details of their deaths, I almost teared up. I am actually quite fond of them and could not think of a better way for them to go out. The fact that they acknowledged that they weren't the most important bots and sacrificed themselves to save someone else hits home for me.
    I think that this would add more weight to Sentinel's betrayal too.
    Bay, please don't cut this scene! It's pure gold!! Seriously though, the people who didn't like them will be happy to see them die, if not already won over by their heroism, and the people who did like will get closure on characters they liked. It's a win win situation :) 

15. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Bay cant possibly cut this scene! Its the only emotional robot scene in the movie and surely adds closure to the twins. I liked them in ROTF, but still thought they needed more serious fight scenes. This scene would sell it! Something's telling me that Bay isnt going to cut the twins, but was going to keep their new attitudes as a surprise. Just like when he said Shockwave was the main villian and Soundwave wasnt the SLS. At this point, I would go with the Novel and believe it.

16. AutobotSkids

I have no clue if Bay will or won't cut the twins out. But now that we know what heroic deaths they were going to get, I really wish that people hadn't started complaining the minute they were spotted onset. Makes me realize WHY Michael Bay might cut them...

I really hope that he's bluffing though. I mean, remember that guy who posted the article about the movie, how he had to change his story? Well, I'm thinking that when a man as powerful as Bay or a company like Paramount asks you to do something (We want you to remove this bit from your review, we want the twins to be a surprise.) you do it. Rosie said that herself. Also, we have seen footage of them. Nelson kept changing his story there for a while too, even claiming them to be different charcters at one point.

My thought, is that they ARE in the movie. I don't think Bay and co. would make this big of a deal out of the Twins if they were cut, it sounds to me like they're going out of their way to make sure that we think they're cut so they can surprise us.

17. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    yes there are twins haters, but if Bay can come up with a scene like this that would most likely change everyone's thoughts about the twins, i don't think he'd cut it out just because people don't like them in ROTF. This scene would really shut them up about them.

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Though I'm not a fan of the Twins, this scene needs to b in the film. It not only gives them a heroic end, but it also shows that they have matured.

19. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    This shining example of character, continuity and emotional impact HAS to be in the film. If its not, it will be a big opportunity missed by bay!

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I really hope Bay is just bullshitting us. If Paramount really flipped out and pressured him to cut them over a few pissy fans, it would be unfortunate. And this is coming from someone who DOESN'T like the Twins and thinks their characterization in RotF was a horrible mistake at best.

Don't disappear a character, redeem him!