I hope Michael Bell voices Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 15, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love for that to happen.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Michael Bell gets to voice ANYONE AT ALL.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why?

Why must everyone who voiced anyone in the G1 toon reprise their roles for this game? Is it actually worth hoping for? Should we cry if they don't? Will it improve the gameplay? Will you ruin the Sideswipe experience for yourself by wondering why that isn't Michael Bell's voice every two seconds? Is it not enough that Optimus is voiced by PETER FREAKIN' CULLEN?

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    No it wouldn't however it be a nice to have him voice sideswipe espically how he has audition for both animated and prime and did not make it. It is very clear he wants to get back into the franchise so why not? Plus he is an excelent voice actor and it would be great to have him on board.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Hey hey now. It would be a nice treat to see Michael Bell as Sideswipe again. But I doubt it, so aw well.

Not to be a smartass, Hot Shot (not calling you an actual hot shot), but do you have something against Peter Cullen as Prime? Yeah, I agree, maybe Cullen's voice is too aged to have him as this younger Prime, but aw well. It's always a treat to have VA's reprise their roles.

I'd really like Michael Sinternikklas - the voice of Leonardo in the 2003 TMNT series - to voice Sideswipe. It just seems to fit him. But no, 4Kids is too control-crazy and will hog their few good actors to themselves.

6. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    What is your problem? Why even bother to post here. Another moron to add to the ignore feature.

And Chopperface that would be a good voice.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah forgot Sideswipe ignores anyone that doesn't agree with every little speck of a thing he says.

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Now that I think, all the Turtle voices from that series were pretty good.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    All we know is he didn't get Ratchet. He might still be involved.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why must someone always bitch about some other member wanting a G1 voice actor reprising his or her role? This is insane.

11. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    In this case, I think it's the opposite - they don't want the guy to come back.

12. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

So what if he wants to come back....I think it's cool and if you ever see the people that bitch and complain are the one's that didn't grow up on G1....so they CONSTANTLY complain about G1 MOVE ONE ALREADY!! Jesus! Without G1 there would be nothing so get a grip and deal with it...It's cool as hell to see alot of the G1 actors that still have it and want to do the voices..

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not at all.

It just seems to me that WFC is a delicious cake that has been made with us in mind. It's topped with what fans want, "the frosting". Now, this cake is so delicious, the customer should be floored. It's what he's only dreamed of. Instead, he wants more. Problem is, everything is nearly perfect. So what does he do? Ask for sprinkles. The tasteless ones in a rainbow of colors. This doesn't affect how the cake tastes, but it doesn't matter. He just wants more.

I can understand people wanting Welker for a part. Prime and Megatron are seen as a pair, therefore their G1 voices are too. Bell, on the other hand, is rather unimportant in comparison. Honestly, I can't even remember what his Sideswipe sounds like. He'd only be a short nostalgia kick for certain people.

I'm "bitching" about how certain people constantly want stale 80's flashbacks, and the fandom's inability to be content with something.
    So let me get this straight: The G1 toon is only good if you have blinding nostalgia, and anyone born afterward "JUST DON'T GET IT GAWD!!"

Is that about right?

14. Sound Blaster

Stale? now your just showing off your age..Young and dumb...

And that last statement proves how ignorant you are since the war within in in/around the "G1" area so what if the people that voiced G1 characters want to come back that's really not up to you..(Thank god)

So just quit saying what you would do it's not up to you it's just a saying in passing on people that grew up on G1 and thought it would be cool...:rolleyes2 

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, he's got a point. Way to flame him just because he doesn't agree with you. Look at the Welker threads. Look at all the threads for every incarnation of Transformers, the fans cry out for more and more G1 characters. At times, it seems like there are people out there would rather have the exact same thing over and over ad nauseum, rather than the franchise moving forward. It doesn't have to be that way, and it's certainly a defensible opinon to want something else.

I was around for G1, and I agree with him. Am I young and dumb too? This game is not set in the war within era, any more than the DW comic universe was set in the G1 cartoon era. It's reminiscent, in the same way the movies are reminiscent of G1. This doesn't mean it has to be the same as the G1 cartoon, because hell, The War Within wasn't even in the same continuity as the G1 series. He wants things to be new, you want them to stay the same. No way his reasoning can be "dumb" for wanting that.

Guess what, bud? There's whole generations of fans out there who didn't grow up on G1, who grew up on G2, or on Beast Wars, or Armada, and this isn't even counting casual fans, who dwarf the entire fandom multiple times over. They play video games too. High Moon and Hasbro aren't obligated just to cater to you, when there's a whole bigger market they can appeal to.

Now, that being said, Michael Bell is a great guy, an amazing voice actor, and he really wants to be a part of the TF universe again. I'd love it if he was given a chance to make that happen in WFC, and I think he'd do a fantastic job, not just for Sideswipe, but for any of the numerous characters he's voiced, or even better, entirely new ones.

In before someone in this thread uses the term "True Fan" unironically.

16. Sound Blaster

Ok your point?

Really Hasbro is doing this for just me? WOW! I feel honored And I know they where other versions of TF..but thanks for mentioning them again...Like I said before SO WHAT if people want G1 actors to voice them...Here's an idea maybe somebody at HASBRO was/is the one that wants these guys...you ever think of that?

You just agreed with the last part of my other post...So what's the problem then?

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why is it a problem for certain fans to want more out of War For Cybertron after hearing the creators of them game themselves say this game will synch up with the original cartoon? On top of that, every interview since the announcement of the game has members of the development team talking of their fondness of the original show over and over again. I understand the fact that Hasbro doesn't want to target one group, as little money may be made from that, but this game clearly is targeting those who grew up with the original show--it is repeated referred to as the corner stone of this game.

That said, I'm happy with what I've seen and heard so far, and I confident that I'll be happy still come release day. However, a little part of me would like to hear familiar voice voicing classic characters no matter how cheesy they may or may not sound. This game is nothing but nostalgia a voice nod here isn't going to make any worse (for those who think it's bad enough). It's hard not to crave for these things when every picture, interview or bio screams 1984. Had Peter Cullen not been cast as Optimus Prime, I think we'd see less talk for other voice actors returning. Heck, High Moon Studios went out of their way to make Soundwave sound like he did in the original cartoon, and Gameinformer.com didn't help matters by implying that G1 voice acting veterans would be returning to voice classic roles either.

18. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Well, in my opininon, the game looks very "G1" in that the characters seeme to be designed with the G1 versions of the characters in mind. That's why I think they should have gotten as many G1 voice actors to reprise their roles as they could. The characters look like their G1 selves, and should sound like it too.

But that's just me.

19. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read the title as I hope "Micheal Bay voices Sideswipe". Am I the only one? XD

Sync up with the original cartoon? Not in the slightest. It sets itself up in its own continuity for going to earth like G1, but it's certainly not G1. High Moon is doing a great job with appealing to all aspects of the fandom though, and definitely doing their best with appealing to G1 fans as well.

I think the whole problem is that many G1 fans want more G1 elements which definitely isn't a crime, but the game already goes above and beyond that already. Some people would like to see something new in a continuity, since rehashing stuff seems redundant and lame to them. I couldn't care either way who voices Sideswipe, as long as he doesn't make my ears bleed. But with the various Megatron VA threads floating around I think some people are sick of it.

And that's another problem. You'll accept "bad" voice acting for nostalgia's sake while the rest of us hemorrhage from the ear! XD

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    My point is your argument that someone is "young and dumb" for not being on the G1 bandwagon is flawed. Try to keep up.

Hey, you're the one who implied that what you wanted in the game was the only reasonable viewpoint, not me. Or is it "not up to me" to determine what's reasonable, since I don't agree with you.

Assuming your statement about "wanting these guys" is referring to the VAs (and you should really take more time with your posts to be clearer), the flaw in your vitriolic argument is that it may "not be up to those guys". Hasbro didn't really have final say on voice actors for the movie, nor is there any evidence they had final say in Animated, nor on previous video games. I don't see why this should be any different.

If you instead mean that High Moon's staff might include people who might want G1 VAs, you might be right. But its also possible that the people in charge aren't G1 fans, or not even TF fans at all. Or they could be casual fans, who remember TF, but don't remember specific characters beyond a few, and certainly don't remember their voices. It might be just another job for them, and they might just be looking for who does a voice the way they like it, not who did it in the past.

To turn the last part of your statement back on you, "SO WHAT" if someone doesn't want the G1 voice actors back? Why do you need to come down on them if they don't? If you're saying "SO WHAT" to having G1 voices in the game, why are you fighting other people in the thread over it? Seems a little inconsistent.

I'm not saying there's a problem with wanting G1 actors back, though I can't seem to understand the near-exclusivity of G1 VAs some posters are clamoring for. My issue is in posters, examples of which can be easily found in this thread, hating on other posters when they don't share the same outlook. You disagree with someone, fine. But to call someone a moron and say they shouldn't post in your thread because they disagree with you is completely uncalled for.

One way or another, this game is going to have a huge G1 influence, and there's nothing wrong with that. But I, and many others, want the game to be able to stand on its own merits, and not just be "PRE-G1: THE GAME". New characters, concepts, storylines, etc. rather than just rehashing of the same things from 25 years ago, is something I feel is imperative to keep the franchise fresh and successful. As it stands now, I think WFC is doing a good job of both sides, including tons of nods that the '84-86 crowd is going to latch onto and love, while at the same time taking a different approach to backstories, designs, and plot developments. As some posters didn't seem to grasp it in my last post, fans, developers, and the game itself, can support some mixture (rather than a black-and-white standpoint) of old and new, and those mixtures aren't always going to overlap. It doesn't make it right or wrong, it makes it a matter to discuss, and this is a discussion forum.

And for the record, I don't think this game is targeting those who grew up with the original series any more than the 2007 movie targeted those same people. It will appeal to them, yes, but in order to be successful, it will need to have a broader appeal as well.

Last edited: May 15, 2010