I hope Michael Bay returns for Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Jun 5, 2018.

1. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair it started with a hope that Michael Bay would come back to do more Transformers movies, so it could only get better really.

• Like Like x 5
  2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Why have Michael Bay return? He's just gonna get more crappy writers and have more explosions, an even less plot to go with it, fart jokes, dog humping, overly sexualized women in skin tight outfits... the list goes on!

And just because he's producing the Bumblebee movie, does not mean he has the final say in what Travis Knight does.

• Like Like x 4
  3. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Making fun of michael bay makes things better... not worse. Wasnt megan fox's character 17 in the first movie yet focused on her to try and get the audience to want to boink her... it was very bad taste... then he did it again AOE.....

wait ... maybe some people want him back because they wanna see sexy 17 year olds again? hmmmmm LOL

• Like Like x 2
  4. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Bay is done with Transformers movies now, Hasbro doesn't need him anymore.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    Hell to the no! He gave us movies that started off confusing and disappointing and ended up completely hateable.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Conceptualtron

Conceptualtron New Member

For eleven years, i have been waiting to get a true genuine transformers film. Still not convinced we will get it this Christmas, but i can at least hope.

Michael Bay destroyed all that was good about Transformers and all his films were awful. The first was passable and the sequels are among the worst films that have ever been released.

The further away from transformers Bay is from this franchise...the better.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Fallen Jedi

Fallen Jedi Well-Known Member

They did make a good one...in 1985...

• Like Like x 4
  8. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

9. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've enjoyed the movies for what they are, despite (and sometimes because of) their flaws, but it's time for something new. And what's great is that there's now ten years of movieverse to take inspiration from as well as everything that came before so it's not a case of either 'blocky G1' or 'metal shard Bayverse'; I was watching a Youtube clip that discusses how the Starscream (if that's him) from the new trailer bears some resemblance to Bayscream while also looking very much like the classic (not necessarily G1) Starscream, much like Bumblebee has dual influences.

10. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

One could do a lot, lot worse than Bay. For instance, you could have a fan of the brand at the helm.

• Like Like x 7
  11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

Dead pool wasn't the only problem with that movie. X-Men Origins Wolverine like Bumblebee is a prequel that is trying to fix problems with previous films but just ends up creating problems instead.

In other words I'm actually focusing on Sabertooth. His first appearance in the original X-Men movie there was no indication that Wolverine and him knew each other. His portrayal in the first movie also made him into a snarling moron and it was really unclear what his powers actually were. Then X-Men Origins Wolverine came along giving us a more comic book accurate Sabertooth. Now Wolverine lost his memories in that movie which can explain why he doesn't know who Sabertooth is when they meet in the future but Sabertooth still knows who Logan is and how the heck did he get dumber over the years.

Changing the portrayal of a character so it's not consistent between films that take place in the same universe is just a dumb idea even if the second attempt was more accurate to the source material it doesn't make any sense to make changes like that without totally rebooting the franchise. With a total reboot it doesn't matter if they're portrayed differently because they don't exist in the same universe, they aren't intended to be the same character. But with a soft reboot you're still in that same universe where a character has inexplicably been altered for no reason.

This is another reason why Dead pool works, he doesn't need an in story reason for why his character changed between movies because he's a character that exists just as much in our world as in his, the real world explination actually can double as the in story reason when you're dealing with a 4th wall breaker.

What I mean about Bumblebee being similar to X-Men origins is that just like with Sabertooth it looks like we're going to get a more accurate Starscream with absolutely no explanation as to why the drastic difference in his character when he's still suppose to be the same Starscream we've seen in the movies before. I'd be much more excited for this movie if I wasn't getting a head ache trying to understand how these two very different interpretations of Starscream are suppose to some how be the same character. It would be much better if they did a full reboot instead of a soft reboot and then they could be totally different characters.

12. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

I hear and understand where you’re coming from and I respect your opinion.

But I do not agree. At. All.

Michael Bay essentially turned the live action Transformers franchise into the punchline of a joke, a joke about American excess and the overblown cookie cutter state of blockbusters in Hollywood today. Watching them again they don’t even feel like real movies, they feel like fake movies that exist in a TV show to parody over the top blockbusters. Nothing made sense, it was the same in each movie, they were all over produced and overly complexly designed products, not stories.

THAT’S why everyone is excited for Bumblebee. It’s something NEW. It’s a change of pace for Transformers. It’s slower, it’s cautious, it knows it has to win back not just disillusioned fans but the public at large who associate Transformers with the same people who were genuinely excited to see Rampage (which is a bad movie by the way).

Look, I don’t mean to disrespect Mikey B. Were it not for him and his inexplicable power to make a billion dollars at the box office with each new pile of scrap metal he made, Transformers wouldn’t be the monolith and the pop culture icon it is today. But we’re past that. We were past that after DOTM but he just kept going. The films have been locked and loaded for a change of direction like this for a while, and we’re finally gonna get it.

So to respond concisely - Bay may have been what we needed at first. But he’s not what we need anymore. We need a change of pace. This franchise has to transform if it’s going to continue to roll out.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Fallen Jedi

Keep in mind that all we have seen is a two minute trailer...might be a little early to start believing this is saviour of the franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Probably not the best idea. He had his run. Let him go make his passion projects.
    Tbh I still have a feeling he let TLK end up the way it did on purpose so Paramount would stop asking him to direct lol but that's just me

• Like Like x 3
  15. Venixion

News Credits:

Its a possibility.

16. Venixion

News Credits:
    I'm sure Bay's films aren't all bad, but lets give other people a chance.

• Like Like x 3
  17. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

Fair enough, but even in that trailer alone there was more emotion and attention to detail than many of the Bayformers films. Also just on a technical level it was better - cinematography was solid and it was actually properly lit as opposed to having the colors blown out. The main thing was that it looked and felt different than the other ones.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Fallen Jedi

Just maintaining my cautious optimism

• Like Like x 2
  19. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell, no!:throw 

• Like Like x 3
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well Travis Knight is a fan and also an established movie director. Sure a mere fan could easily screw up a movie but with his track record, he might pull off something great.

• Like Like x 5