I hope I'm wrong on Hasbro Trailbreaker...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dansproject, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I'm sorry but it doesn't - you are entitled to define what makes up your collection, but you are not entitled to put your own spin on what was released as classics. If it came in a classics packaging it's a friggin classics. You may pick and chose what you want to put in your collection from those, but that doesn't mean that the ones you didn't pick aren't classics.

It's really simple - classics are Classics, Henkei, Universe 2.0, Generations, United & RTS.

From tfwiki:

The one unifying factor was the distinctive design of the packaging, which spread to even the Soundwave re-release. This has become the commonly-accepted delineator of the Classics line

To adress your points:

1) Yeah, so? They came in classics packaging, ie they are classics.
    2) So we don't include those because...you don't want them to be? No - they are classics.
    3) Really? I've seen hundreds of posts that refer to Universe as classics 2.0 - tf wikipedia defines universe as classics 2.0 - so no, just no.
    4) No They're not - HFTD is movieverse, plain and simple. RTS, even though it was a partial continuation of HFTD and Partial continuation of classics is considered to be Classics.
    5) Some people consider Seaspray a part of classics, others consider TFC Hercules as classics - my point is that it's highly controversial to do so as they weren't sold in a classics continuation box.

You do realize that classics entail more than just Deluxe sized 1984 Autobot Cars, right?

If you are only interested in Deluxe sized 1984 Autobot Cars, then you should ask for that - not ask people to name classics figures released in the mainline that were repaints of a non-classic figures.

That question, have been answered and you have been proven really, really, really wrong.

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trailbreaker will be awesome when we eventually get him.

3. Grandum

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's gonna be awesome - I can't wait to get my hands on him. Really hope that we'll see him this year.

4. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

You don't say..:p 

[Nice AV..now I gotta out do that.]

5. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    this.

no way Hasbros release of Trailbreaker is gonna be anything under Deluxe size.

6. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

People are really reaching in their cynicism of Hasbro

7. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you never know...they might use the ROTF Hoist mold for trailbreaker/trailcutter...probably not

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see a repaint/retool of rts Kup as Trailbreaker now that you mention it. More likely then a cybertron mold anyway.

9. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have always expected Trailbreaker would be a retool of Sergeant Kup. You already have the pick up truck base, and there are two clip points already built into the rear of the cab. If has/tak could design a nice camper shell accesory to clip on (with fold-out weapons for TB's backpack), he'd be all set. It's not a perfect update, but I could see it happening.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wikias are not the definitive end-all. You are entitled to your opinion that they are. I am entitled to my opinion that they aren't. Others are entitled to their opinion also. Therefore, my original point that what is considered "classics" differs from people-to-people stands. If you insist on the fact that your definition of "Classics" is correct then there's no point in continuing this discussion with you.

EDIT: Oh, also, I should point out that you are being inconsistent.

Here's the full quote:
    Not so "It's really simple at all".

See above. UnicronFTW has only been proven really, really, really wrong based on YOUR definition of classics. You're making up the rules of the game and declaring yourself the winner.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, not even a little bit.

12. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

Do. Not. Want!

We were essentially told by inside sources that Hoist was in the works too, so if between that and the possibility of shrinking size isn't enough for Hasbro, then a third use of the mold, made from some random second stringer, will do.

13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

To be frank, you're doing the exact same thing. The Classics aesthetics is pretty much a rather loose term that which every collector has their own definition of in the way want their collection to look like. However, if there is an official definition to what Classics is, Grandum is the one that nailed it. There's no going around it whether you like it or not, the bottom line is that Hasbro released those repaints in the same lines as the newer molds designed for those lines and as such are very much a part of those lines.

However, I think that the bottom line is that there is no definitive definition to what defines the Classics aesthetics, and in the end not UnicronFTW, not Grandum, and not you can create a universal definition to what they are. You can't just dismiss the repaints from the Classics aesthetics because some people (myself included) fully consider those repaints to be full fledged Classics figures.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Guys. Guys.

You're getting into an argument based on Grandum-logic. Easy there. :lol 

15. Grandum

News Credits:
    Yeah...you don't seem to get it. your oppinion about what is classics have nothing what so ever to do with what was released as classics, which UnicronFTW was asking about.

16. Grandum

News Credits:
    Boy Blunder - just gonna remind you of the rules once - act like this again and I WILL report you

1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.

17. Boy Blunder

So plenty of other people on the boards can give each other good-natured ribbings, but I try it and you threaten to report me. Geez, I know we're rarely on the same side of a given argument, but it's not like I'm trying to harbor a grudge or anything.

It was a tease on how strongly you defend your stance, not an insult saying you're wrong.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    How was Boy Blunder's comment in any way, shape, or form insulting, trolling, or harassing? I personally feel his comment was meant to try and calm people down a bit...This thread is getting a bit heated over nothing...

Anyways, I don't think there's any reason to worry about any future Deluxe Class Trailcutter being a repaint/retool of Cybertron Red Alert (the alt-mode has a similar overall shape, but it's not THAT similar). If there's any chance of him being a repaint/retool of a pre-existing mold, it'll probably be using the Kup mold (even that's a slim chance atm). Chances are, any future Deluxe class Trailcutter we get will be a new mold. Either way, let's wait and see before we get emotionally invested yet...

19. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I'd rather they save a Sgt. Kup remold for G2 Electro.

Eff yeah, Electro!

20. Boy Blunder

Yeah, wouldn't that be something...