I hope I'm wrong on Hasbro Trailbreaker...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dansproject, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I was examining RTS "Trailcutter" earlier and noticed his alt mode is very similar to 07 Crankcase/Cannonball/Botcon Kup. Generations Warpath alt mode was very similar to the preceeding Legend class. Bear in mind that there would already be a left arm gun hand for a Trailbreaker. Pray I'm wrong and this mould doesn't get retooled,as Trailbreaker would be TINY.

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    There is no way a Cybertron mold is going to get retooled as Trailcutter. Plain and simple.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same mold? doubtful. Same alt mode design? Possible.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That seems highly unlikely.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I mean, name one classics figure released in the mainline that was a repaint of a non-classic figure? It happened in Universe, but that doesn't count. (I mean Universe, not Uni. 2.0 which was the second classics line.)

6. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I won't mention that recent batch of United repaints,as they were far from my mind when i wrote the above. I hope Trailbreaker isn't the first. Unless he's retooled to be much taller.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that's just a coincidence. They may borrow the alt mode a bit but the transformation and 'bot design of any actual Classics Deluxe Trailbreaker will be not be a remold of a Cybertron toy.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I doubt we're going to get a Cybertron Red Alert retool as a Classics Trailbreaker. I'm sure that if they're going to make a Classics Trailbreaker/cutter/whatever, it will be a new mold so that it can be retooled into a Hoist.

And with Warpath...well, both figures are H-tanks, and while the general transformations are similar, the deluxe is much more complicated and has a much more accurate robot mode to the original. It's more original than Armada Megatron's transformation, whose alt. mode pretty much is a similar H-tank design anyway.

Not exactly sure what you mean with the differentiation between Universe and Uni 2.0, since Uni 2.0 had some repainted Cybertron era molds as part of the lineup, namely Heavy Load and Dropshot.

And if you include legends class figures, the original Classics 2006 line did have repainted non-classics figures. I have a MISB Cybertron soundwave in Classics 1.0 packaging to prove it.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Actually if it's happens I wouldn't mind.

It is a good mold after all. If it is a new mold.....we must get a Armada Red Alert retool out of it.

10. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're reversing the logic, though. Since Legends Warpath led to a new mold with similar alt mode deluxe, we're likely to see a new mold with similar alt mode deluxe of Trailcutter. Not a retooled older mold.

11. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ermm...god, you're serious, aren't you? OK:

Scavanger, Bonecrusher, Long Haul, Hightowers & Scrapper that made up Classics devastator (energon) Classics Whirl, (Legends of Cybertron Evac) Classics Trypticon, (Legends of Cybertron Scourge) Classics Menasor, (Legends of Cybertron Optimus Prime) Classics Soundwave, (G1 Soundwave) Universe 2.0 Blades, (Cybertron Evac) Universe 2.0 Blaster, (Cybertron Soundwave) Universe 2.0 Dropshot, (Cybertron Defense Scattorshot) Universe 2.0 Leo Prime, (Leobreaker) Universe 2.0 Target exclusive Leo Prime, (Leobreaker) Universe 2.0 Overload, (Cybertron Defense Scattorshot) Universe 2.0 Springer (Cybertron Evac) Universe 2.0 Roadbuster, (Cybertron Defense Hot Shot) Universe 2.0 Ratbat, (Cybertron Sideways) Universe 2.0 Vector Prime, (Galaxy Force Vector Prime), Universe 2.0 Skywarp (Masterpiece Starscream), Universe 2.0 Kickback (G1 Kickback), Universe 2.0 Hardshell, (G1 Bombshell) Universe 2.0 Sharpshot, (G1 Shrapnel) Universe 2.0 Sams Club Optimus Prime, (Cybertron Deluxe Optimus Prime), Universe 2.0 Sams Club Cybertron Blurr, (Armada Blurr), Universe 2.0 Sams Club Longrack, (Armada Hoist) Universe 2.0 Sams Club Runamuck, (Armada Sideswipe) Universe 2.0 Sams Club Buzzsaw, (Armada Cyclonus) Universe 2.0 25:th ani. Optimus Prime (G1 Optimus prime) Universe 2.0 Countdown, (Cybertron Defense Red Alert) RTS Fallback, (Movie Brawn), RTS Deep Dive (Hunt for the Decepticons Sea Spray), RTS Chopsaw (Hunt for the Decepticons Brimstone), RTS Mindset, (Movie Hailstorm), etc, etc, etc + ALOT of minicons and legends figures.

So...ermm..yeah - that list can be made quite alot longer, but I think I made my point.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Don't see a lot of Deluxe sized 1984 Autobot Cars in there...just saying. ;) 

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This depends on the POV of what is considered "Classics"/Classicverse/CHUG.

1) The G1 Reissues were straight up Reissues.
    2) Legends and minicons aren't even worth discussing.
    3) Universe 2.0 does not equal Classics 2.0. Most people view "Universe" as Hasbro's filler line for shoving whatever in. Universe 1.0 was repaints. Universe 2 was Universe 2.0 (repaints) plus Classics 2.0 (new deluxes).
    4) HFTD/RTS is treated in the same vein as Universe in that just because it was in that line doesn't mean it's part of Classiverse/CHUG.
    5) Heck, even the same mold is up for argument. Some people consider Seaspray part of CHUG but Deep Dive not because of intent.

I'm not saying that Hasbro won't use some crappy mold for a Trailbreaker or other mainline characters, but the only time we've really seen them do that was Devastator and to be fair he was a repaint of himself, not another character.

My point? Don't try to predict Hasbro.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

No. If we get Trailbreaker/Blazer/Cutter, he'll either be a new mold completely, or a retool of a very recent mold (good odds on Sergeant Kup). The Universe 2.0 Voyagers and store exclusives notwithstanding, Hasbro's gotten the most they can out of the Unicron Trilogy molds, to the point where even FunPub's trying not to use them any more.

Takara's a different story, but they always find ways to reuse old molds until they can't any more. Remember Henkei Skids and Screech?

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Honestly, if the mould wasn't so short it'd make a pretty good Trailbreaker.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Trailcutter isn't a Dodge Magnum, which is what Cyb. Red Alert was. Trailcutter's visibly a truck.

17. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    The problem with the forthcoming Trailbreaker is not that he will be a retool of an older mold- hasbro has shown a reluctance (although not an outright refusal, certainly exceptions exist) to use pre-2007 molds- and for good reason. Whatever money they dumped into R&D for the first movie resulted in visibly more "modern" looking toys when compared to toys released just a year prior.

No, the problem with Trailbreaker is that he will almost certainly be a deluxe. Combined with the recent overall shrinking of figures, I suspect this will lead to a Trailbreaker that fits in better with Windcharger than Sideswipe in alt mode, which is not something I'm excited about. To some that may be unimportant, but it's gonna bug me. Van/SUV type vehicles really need to be voyagers.

Will I buy it? No doubt. It's better than having no Trailbreaker at all, but it's gonna bug me nonetheless.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    At this point my collection is made up of so many varying styles, sizes and scales it's literally impossible for me to buy any given toy and not have it fit somewhere.

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, you might be right about Generations Kup. But knowing Hasbro they'll just paint it black and call in Ironhide. :p 

20. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Exactly.