I hope if they make another game, they -

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by megaxz01, Jun 26, 2010.

1. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    I hope they make it take place on Earth.

I know Cybertron is a metal planet, but it looks all the same.

I hope they branch this out from Cybertron for the next game, and make a game that takes place on Earth, so they can keep the story going.

2. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted this in another thread:

All I know is, with the way this game was done (as what I like to call a re-envisioned prequel to G1 that has been accepted as canon) 2 sequels following this theme are definetly in order! For Transformers: Generation 1 the game there are a few things that High Moon HAS to make come true, 1. Fighting on Earth is a must. Citys, desert outside the Ark, oil rig out on the ocean, over a military base, in the forest, etc. The possibilities alone are making me giddy. 2. Gestalts! Nuff said. Constructicons/Devestator and Aerialbots/Superion will do fine. 3. Dinobots! 4. Wheeljacks/ Dr. Archville's Lab! Allowing for greater customization of characters that can be used in campaign also. (other TF's would call them the "rookie" if you choose a customizable character)

For the second sequel Transformers: Till All are One From the title you see that this storyline would follow that of the movie ie Death of Prime. Allowing the intro of new characters like Hot Rod/Rodimus, Kup, Blur, Ultra Magnus Cyclonus, Scourge, Galvatron etc. Same format 3 big additions 1. Space Bridge! Now that High Moon has the templates for Cybertron and Earth levels, lets be able to go back and forth between the two, (return of Omega Supreme and Shockwave for those who missed him the first time around on WFC) and visit Junkion and Quentisson planet. 2. Triple Changers!! This changes things up by adding Springer and Blitzwing/Astrotrain. Having a character that can both fly and take to the skies would add a new depth to the game. 3. Unicron!!!!! Bring out the big guns! If GoW III showed us anything, its that taking down a boss that you have no business fighting, let alone BEATING is a wonderful feeling that should be experienced by all gamers. They come no bigger than Unicron! This is the boss of bosses, and depending on which faction you choose (branching stories this time, not connected like WFC) you still have to take down Unicron at the end either as a 'Con or 'Bot.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i don't want to go back to earth. i would rather go to an alien planet like the metroid prime series

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I read an interview that one of the developers said they wanted to do a sequel still on Cybertron because there is a lot of room for more stories. And I agree. I want to stay on Cybertron.

5. Feldon

Feldon Active Member

I like the look of Cybertron. Earth has been done plenty in other games. However, I hate that all the metal transforming beings look exactly the same color as the metal planet. I would like a radar, or something to pick enemies out of the background at least a little better. At least an earth based game you could just blow up every vehicle and machine you see to be sure you got them. At least as long as they don't put pretenders in.

6. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Earth has been done is SHITTY games, so that doesnt count in my book.

7. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

The story was kind of bare in this game.. They need to stay on Cybertron for the sequel and battle it out with Megs. All the while exploring each character. This was really only a quarter story game. They just hinted at whats next the whole time.

What they should do is have the story pick up after this one, then integrate flashback levels where we find out why older bots hate each other. ALA prime and megs.. they need a epic battle...in the arena???

8. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Ok, listen..... This is for the first time A GOOD COMPANY WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE A GOOD TRANSFORMERS GAME..... So, they could make a good Earth Based game.

9. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They cut alot of corners with the game taking place on cybertron, not saying they were being lazy, cause they aren't. But an Earth game will be MUCH harder to pull off.

And even though Tieger said he wanted another game on Cybertron, it's pretty damn obvious from the ending of WFC that they are heading to earth in the next game.

Now the only question is if it will be in the 80's, or modern.

10. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I think they would go with the 80s just because Modern has been done....

11. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'd rather go back further and see the time just before the war and its start.

12. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but....the 80s have been done too.....

13. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Actually it's not obvious they are going to earth because at the end Prime says they arent ready to leave yet.

Besides they already layed the ground work.. So you make a sequel stay on cybertron and tighten it up some more... Hasbro is all about repaints anyway.. Just give us WFC2 with more of everything, then worry about earth.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Not a third person shooter.
    The TF NES/Commando 64 games don't count... Because they all failed

15. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

I'd like to see Cybertron post WFC, including dark, powerless, hostile, environments (Kalis?). Bring on the worst of Cybertron, now that we've seen the cities and core in action.

A nice Nemesis/ Ark chase at the end would go down well though.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    And would be way less fun.

The strength of this game, and any game, is it's setting. This type of game would be pitiful on Earth, where you can't interact with anything.

I want a prequel. There's so much they allude to, like what happened to Megatron to make him feel like he's been wronged, (as discussed in the prison level) why Optimus is so hesitant to be the Leader he knew he was and is now. (he even says to Ironhide it's "a story for another time.")

I really hope they don't leave Cybertron. Anything would seem like a step down.

No... please no. I know you're madly in love with G1, but the actual 80s outside TFs would make for an atrocious game.

There's a reason nobody places games nowadays in the 80s.

17. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    ..... Welll, you got your point there.... But, if they did modern.... It would turn out like the movie game.... Which was weird... But either way, if this studio did the 80s or modern.... It would turn out great!

18. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

they should make a prequal how starscream got betrayed and when optimus started the autobots and when megatron started the decepticons

19. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Actually they could incorporate those story elements into the next game without have to do a full on prequel.

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I hope it stays on Cybertron, and have it explore new areas and story angles, and show the spread of the Dark Energon corruption. It would also be awesome if Shockwave would play a big role, actually harnessing the power of Dark Energon instead of just unleashing it like Megs did, and using it to create all kinds of new types of Transformers, maybe even combiners to serve as level bosses in the Autobot campaign.