I Haven't Found A TF Animated Figure That I Don't Like!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jul 22, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I got Jazz on Sunday and I finally opened him today. Let me just say that I wasn't that big a fan of Jazz......UNTIL NOW!! TF Animated Jazz is now one of my favorite figures in my collection. It has to be one of the best Jazz figures ever!! Pics do not do it justice!!

Then, something occurred to me. I haven't found a TF Animated figure that I don't like.

I have scrounged to get The 2-pack, Cybertron Prime, Blackarachnia, Prowl, Grimlock, Voyager Prime, Lockdown, Snarl, and Soundwave (Snarl and Soundwave are still in the packages.)

All the figures that are open are simply amazing. I have to admit that I wasn't a big fan of the designs of the cartoon or toys when I first saw them but, now I love 'em all!!

So are you like me? Do you think they're all great? Why or why not? What do you think about the new Jazz figure?

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a majority of them are great, but not too interested in Lockdown, V Megatron, the 2 pack, and BA. Oh and Starscream's loose fingers frustrate me to no end.

3. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

"I havent found an Animated figure that I Don't like!!" - I have. :) 

Which ones you say?

All versions of OP
    Prowl
    Ratchet
    Starscream
    Jazz...well hey , I'll cut this short to just the ones I DO like...

Lockdown (at least in Alt mode)
    Leader Megs
    Grimlock (In robot mode...without the Strawberry Jam covered sword-club thing)
    Leader Bulkhead

So...only those 4 do I like.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Oh my god, you don't like animated?!?! But it's the best Transformers EVER!

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far Grimlock, Voyager Megs and Blackarachnia I haven't liked. Grimlock just wasn't worth the money, neither was voyager Megs (especially with the deluxe sized version being nearly identical). Blackarachnia just didn't impress me transformation wise.

6. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    funnily enough this exactly mirrors my thoughts too, except i did get BA who initially i though hmmm (i found the TF a little unimpressive initially), im unlikely to get lockdown (the only figure that doesnt do anything for me, although for some reason its the car mode i like less than the robo mode), im waiting for a repaint (if any) of screamer to hopefully iron out the bugs. 2 toys i was on the fence with were BB and prowl, but once i was familiar with the TF you start to realise how clever these things are.

id say all the toys i have have grown on me and overall thay are more fun that the rather rougher quality universe deluxes.

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I love the cartoon, but so far I haven't found any of the toys to be particularly inspiring. They're not bad; I'm just not interested in most of them.

On the other hand, pictures don't do them justice. They're much nicer in person. (Ratchet in particular. Might have to get him.)

8. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Well , I actually indicated that I dont like most of the Animated TOYS, but now that you mention it....but then we're getting off topic now arnt we?

9. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    All the Animated figures I own I love, the only ones I don't own that are out in stores are Lockdown and Leader Bulkhead. I had a Lockdown and returned it because I really didn't like it and I was about to buy Bulkhead when I realized he had no neck articulation. I'm not about to pay fouty bucks for something with no neck.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Of the ones I own, I'm glad I bought them...but so far I only own four and only want 2-3 more tops.

While it's a great line and the characters have a lot of detail and personality with genius transformations and incredibly show accurate designs, the asthetic just turns me off too much to get most of them. Because I'm not too fond of the art style they chose for this show, most of the toys are a big turn off to me because they match that style I dislike so well. It's a shame really, because I'd love to have an Optimus Prime of that size, with that sort of involved transformation and articulation wielding a big honking axe.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After thinking about it a lot, I've come to the realization that my dislike for the style & look of the show coupled with the lack of complexity & mold detail in the toys will prevent me from ever being able to say I really like TFA as a whole. However, I do think that several of the toys are exceptionally good Transformers.

In particular, Prowl, deluxe 2-pack Prime, and Voyager Prime are amazing toys; you can hardly find a pose these guys don't look good in. Several others I find to be just too silly looking in bot mode (Soundwave, OilSlick, Starscream, Bumblebee, Snarl) or way too simple for their size class (Jazz, Leader Megs, ROC Prime).

So I'll be picking and choosing a few here and there, but I think I'm mostly done at this point.

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    QFT, aside from the likes/dislikes.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like most TFA toys, though there are some out there I'm hardly excited about.

Lockdown
    Starscream
    either Cybertronian Megatron
    Cybertronian Optimus (mostly just like the 2-pack one better)
    Activator Starscream & Bulkhead

14. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I only have three, but I would have to agree that they are even better in person than in photos. I love all of mine and I'm definitely getting more.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Their's only two i don't like and it's Cybertron mode megatron and Ratchet.

16. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I have no intention of picking up ROC Prime and Leader Bulkhead. So far, the only figure that really dissapointed me was 2 pack Megs. He's got decent poseability, but looks horrendous.

17. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even tho i've never fully embraced the TFA line but at least i have two of em' (Deluxe OP & B'bee) & i really like them. love transforming them back & forth.

As for the looks i totally agree with what most have said, they look much more better in person. but i have no interest to buy anymore for the time being (yet).