I have to share my discovery!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BrokenSVT, Mar 8, 2008.

1. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I decided to do some rummaging through old boxes today, when I came across THIS:

EDIT: Just found Warpath; then two minibots from 1986. The others are a tan/brown mobile Howitzer-type tank, and a green SAM launcher type. I'm unsure of their names, but I remember much enjoyment from them. I've identified these as "Big Shot" and "Flak."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now don't get me wrong, I know there are LOTS of pieces missing on him, but he's MINE from the day he came out in my grandpa's toy store! I'll be spending some time inventorying the pieces that I have/don't have, and replacing what needs to be. The greatest thing is my Hook is not missing the notorious leg section, and all the metal is 100%. He's mysteriously missing his boom, though...surely I can replace that via Ebay with the rest of the parts.

Anyway, I was just pumped to find him and had to share my experience!

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

-You're missing all six of thier handguns
    -Scrapper's Seat roof
    -Bonecrusher's seat roof
    -Hooks crane arm
    -Both Fists
    -Bonecrusher's Devastator Arm
    -Devastator's waist piece
    -Hook's rocket
    -the Drill piece
    -the double cannon piece for Mixmaster

Which is it for the most part.

3. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    Awesome!
    I wish I could afford one of those, but I'm trying to rebuild the g2 version (yellow).

4. BrokenSVT

DJ, thanks for the comprehensive list. I've been cruising Ebay to check out what's available. I'll be watching auctions for Bonecrusher/Scrapper, and I'll be replacing the missing parts from what I purchase. My toys are in excellent overall condition; clean, non-faded, non-smelly, and good stickers. As for Hook, most are damaged so maybe I can pick up one of those and replace the boom from the damaged one.

I'm just getting more stoked as I check this guy out. The "normal" wear and tear isn't present at all. As mentioned before, Hook still has both lower legs(100% solid, at that), and the piece that joins the legs to Longhaul has no stress marks at all. I'm grinning like the day my parents gave him to me :p 

5. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Cool.

6. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats some good finds there.. Great stuff . Put up a post in the want threads here on the site or check the sale threads.. You may be able to get the parts you need much cheaper then going to that money eating site called ebay lol

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'd buy the ko and use it to replace the parts you're missing for cheap. won't help you with the little guns probably, though.

8. BrokenSVT

I had considered this option, but had a couple of concerns. Maybe someone could answer the first, but the second I can't help:

1) Color. How "off" is the KO?

2) Nostalgia/Sentimental Value. I've owned him since '84, might as well keep him in '84 :D 

9. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

i dont know about the older kos, but that one from walgreens is off, from the plastic used and its color. for replacing/missing bot parts, check the junkion exchange from time to time, you'll find some in there.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Thats an Awesome Find man. When I got into collecting again about 4 or 5 years ago Devy was the first G1 I wanted then all the Dinobots and that really what got my TF Jucies flowing and its been non stop from then on. Again Great Find having a G1 Devy is a great feeling.

11. BrokenSVT

Thanks, it is a great feeling indeed; especially considering my plans where the collection is going. I have a long-term goal of snagging the WM repaint Devastator, perhaps the G2 for fun, and I'm in the process of building a large-and-in-charge custom Devastator. So far I've got a nice jump start on him in the form of Energon Demolishor, RiD Grimlock, WM movie Grindcore, Primus' arms, and Unicron's upper legs/groin.

At any rate, some other things I found in my adventure tonight:

*Warpath, as mentioned above.
    *Two minibots mentioned above.
    *The first six Bionicles(White, Red, Blue, Green, Brown, Black).
    *Supreme(?) class Cheetor
    *Blast Punch Optimus Primal
    *Beast Machines Megatron
    *Skydive
    *Jetstorm...

The list goes on ^^

12. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Just buy a KO Devastator. You can replace all of the missing accesories that way.

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice find! It must be a great feeling to reunite with your childhood favourite :) 
    I might hide my son's Primus so that he can have the pleasant surprise when he's 30.