I have to see it in stores before I decide if I like or hate it,thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

This thread,is all about those new mold TF toys you see advanced pics on the internet. some you know your going to be buying right away. others your still un-decided & need to see the toy in stores till you decide. whether you like/hate the toy.

recent example: WFC Megatron. I was a bit undecided about this toy whether I wanted to buy it or not. based off all the advanced pics on the internet. I had to see this toy in person at the store,till I made up my mind.
    NEEDLESS to say,I didn't buy the WFC Megatron toy in stores. because I examined the joints toy enginerring & found them to be rather weak & inferior.
    I also thought the alt mode was a jet not a tank. the toy didn't look that great to me,it's reminds me of a inferior updated homage based off the animated megatron "cybertron mode" voyager designs.

So have you ever been un-decided about seeing a TF toys from internet pics? then really needed to see the toy at stores before you made up your mind? whether you were going to buy the toy or not?

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    This doesn't happen to me anymore thanks to advance photos, video reviews and seeing in the case at Botcon.

Plus I'm more selective on the lines I collect at all. If it has a clear G1 homage I'm there, and anything else is on an exception basis.

Also: there is no excuse for not knowing what alt-mode a toy has if it's been featured in videos, photos and a video game.

3. Seeker Lord

Seeker Lord Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I try to avoid impulse buys and all while keeping to a $20 a week budget for snacks, drinks and TFs. WFC Soundwave sold itself in the store where the images I on saw on the net were a little on the iffy side. Glad I did he is solid in both modes and awesome.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

How would you not know what the alt-mode is? They show you on the packaging.

And no, this doesn't happen to me since I have the Internet.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I try not to look at many pics of a toy before I buy it. I rarely get a toy that I am not happy with, so I like being surprised with my buys. The last one I got that I didn't like was ROTF Blazemaster and before that I can't remember.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here.

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I change my buying habit....I just get what I want plain aand simple...I mean reviews,pics all help...what else is megs gonna be nowadays? Either a tank or jet....

8. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Online reviews and photos convince me to buy things I don't see in retail. Even photos convince me to pre-order stuff before anyone has reviewed it like Jazz, Turbo Tracks, and FP Bruticus

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    For most this isn't an issue for me, only the new stealth force toys i want to examine hands on before I decide to buy or not.

10. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    If I need to wait till I see something in store to decide purchase or not, usually this is stuff I don't really want in the first place, so seeing them in store typically doesn't help.

11. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pics + Youtube is all i need to decide if im on the fence about anything.

12. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    ^this

13. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Personally, I only need pics to make up my mind.

Edit: Correctly transformed with paint apps, pics to be precise.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  14. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Ditto. However, I do prefer the in-store touch and feel of an item before I purchase. Sadly, for most of my hobbies, my home-city sucks as far as hobby shops and toy shops go. So the net is all I really use.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Between leaked photos, promo photos, and Peaugh's reviews- My mind's usually made up on a toy months before release.

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I pretty much decide what I want by pictures and reviews, and if something looks good in the store, I go for it. I was first thinking about Skyburst, for example, but I took one look at him in TRU and immediately bought him.

17. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Yup, thanks to the internet, I rarely buy a toy I'm dissatisfied with anymore. Photos, reviews, etc. tend to cover all the bases I need to see if a figure's good or not. Of course, individual QC issues are a different story after I open the box.

18. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

I was very much looking forward to getting WFC Megatron but when I finally found him yesterday I passed.. he looked overly crappy in person and so did Darkmount (my opinion guys, don't rally outside my house with torches & pitchforks!). I look at pics, from the initial fuzzies to the mistransformed Hasbro officials. I watch most video reviews that come along as well, but until the toy is in my hand I can't tell you whether I like it, love it or hate it. I try to keep an open mind until it's in my hands. I have been disappointed quite a few times recently with WFC Bumble, Breacher, ROTF Lockdown.. I'm even a bit iffy on Seaspray.. sometimes I like him, somtimes he's "meh". I think I'd rather have Cybertron Shortround in the G1 colors. I do want to like this stuff I'm by no means a "hater" (can't believe I used that word- shudder) I've still to find WFC Soundwave and I have high hopes for the guy.. I really, really hope he's not crap.

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I usually know exactly what I want to get, based on internet chatter, reviews, and video (if I really want to know more about it). There are times when I'd be intrigued by a figure I found at the store and even though I had no plans to buy it, I'd do some more digging online to see what people say about it before making up my mind whether to buy it or not. Most recent example is Straxus. I saw that fig while buying Thrust at TRU and the bot mode was interesting enough for me to look for other people's opinion on it. Since it's largely positive I will get one if I see it again, or get the Skullgrin when it's released since it's a repaint with a new head.

20. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I almost always know what I want before I even start the car to go to the store. My wife, on the other hand...