I have Questions....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by vector, Jan 10, 2007.

1. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    O.K. There was Hot Rod, he was given the Matrix of Lreadership. He then Became Rodimus Prime. Then Optimus Prime was rebuilt and reasurected, and given back the leadership. My assumption is because the holder of the Matrix leads.but the Matrix was used up by Optimus. so with no Matrix he was as good a leader as anyone. So did Rodimus returne to being Hot Rod? Where did "Hot Rodimus come from?

Now Ultra Magnus. I read somewhere that he was Optimus Primes Brother. Is there any truth to this??

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    After returning the Matrix to Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime did indeed revert back to Hot Rod. But in the Japanese series he regained the Matrix from Prime and becamse Rodimus Prime once again.

Hot Rodimus is the Japanese name for Hot Rod. Rodimus Convoy is Rodimus Prime.

Recently Hasbro has been unable to use the name Hot Rod due to legal reasons. Other, I'm sure, will get more into that. Suffice it to say, the reissue was named Rodimus Major and recently shortned to just Rodimus for Classics.

Um, I hope I got that right...

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

In RID a.k.a. Car Robots, Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus were brothers. In G1 it's said they're brothers, but never explained if it's 1)Brothers in arms or 2)Brothers like how Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are brothers.

Due to the use of the white Optimus in DW G1, it's pretty much considered fanon that Prime and Magnus are brothers

And Boo you were close enough ;) 

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think 'Rodimus' was used in Energon as well.

-Tony!

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hot Rod is a "chosen one" destined to lead the Autobots. The idea is that when he got the Matrix it upgraded him into Rodimus Prime, but without it, he couldn't maintain being Rodimus Prime and so slipped back.

(I choose to think of this as a Billy Batson / Captain Marvel type thing. If you've ever read Alex Ross' Kingdom Come, the adult Billy Batson is identical to Captain Marvel, so the physical transformation could be seen less as Billy turning into an adult, and more the power giving him a body capable of safely containing that massive amount of energy. I think of Hot Rod / Rodimus the same way. Who knows, perhaps by the time Beast Wars happened Hot Rod had "aged" / upgraded to the point where he was physically Rodimus Prime, if only in body and not in name).

Rodimus was also used in Energon, but confusingly he's meant to be a different reality's version of Rodimus Prime, not Hot Rod. In Japan, he was called "Rodimus Convoy" (Japanese name for Rodimus Prime), also his role was more of a senior leader figure not the up and coming hot shot who we normally see with Hot Rod.