I have MP-05 and he is........CHEAP!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Absurdicus, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Man, I don't get all the hate...

tight joints, loosen up with screw driver

Guns not lining up properly, make sure the elbow clicks ALL THE WAY DOWN "but I got it all the way down" No you haven't

I can pose my Megatron quite well, limited compare to Prime yes, but I have easier time to make Megatron to stay in the pose I want him to be than Prime

The shoulder and hip pieces, the one shoulder piece was off before I even took him out of the box, after I popped it back in, the only time it came off was when I chose to take it off

2. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    Mine's already done a face plant onto the floor, luckily it's heavy shag carpet and he wasn't hurt. Even though I've transformed him several times, hr's definitely going to be more of a display piece over a play toy for me.

3. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

Well I got mine in the mail today and I'm much happier with him then I though I would be, so I'm really happy with him.

As for the problems the only thing i've come across is the shoulder and hip kibble popping off. I was little afraid about the arms lining up, but after a couple of times transformering him, no problems. I find you you need to really apply some pressure on the elbow part to get it right on...The hips do scare me abit too, dont want that little piece to break that would suck big time!

4. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Matrix Soul... that is awesome... I will definitely have to pick up a WST Megs now... That was genius!

6. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should not be disappointed because M-05 has less die cast than MP-01. If MP-05 came with as much die-cast as MP-01 then whoaa just image how much shipping cost it would entail. I have mine and I'm happy with it. Its probably better than MP-01 just look at how they came out with his transformation method mind-bogling actually. Whoever designed MP-05 is really clever.

7. Matrix Soul

News Credits:

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  that was great. I had a smilar idea I was going to do when my MP 5 arrived, but it was nowhere near as good as that.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Aaargh, I was right on the verge of importing MP-05 when all these breakage issues popped up.
    *Sigh*

At around £50-60 for importing it, I really cant afford to gamble it if its just going to break on me in a matter of days.
    I really wanted to get this guy aswell, nevermind, hopefully Takara do a 'Perfect Edition' where they fix all the problems, then I'll get it.

Also, having to apply excessive force to the chest just to transform him, WTF?
    Thats just a recipe for breaking things.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No you don't.

Here's a few things you can do to ease your MP-05 experiences:
    - remove the springs in his elbows. As Tikgnat found, they're pretty unecessary. His arms are plenty tight without them. The ratchets just make them annoying to manipulate, and the stresses caused by the strings make me more wary of possible breakage.
    - loosen the screws in his knees. Again, the joints are exceptionally tight there, and by default, manipulating the joints causes a rather harrowing "creaking" sound to emanate from the plastic. Just loosen the screws, and the joints will bend easier. No stability issues caused, the joints were more than tight enough to start with.
    - if you don't care about permanently damaging the toy, chop off the little hook tabs on the hip panels. They don't add much more solidity to the gun mode, and they're just bound to break anyways. Save yourself the trouble of worrying about them all the time
    - when dislocating his shoulders for transformation, push down and out simultaneously.
    - I really have nothing to say about popping his neck out, though, as I have no problem with mine in that area. The neck piece pops in and out of the socket with a nice, comforting soft click, and out with the same effort. No excessive force required on mine.

If the gunbarrel is getting in the way of the fusion cannon, make sure you've slid the gunbarrel piece back towards his spine. It's alot less obtrusive there. It'll get in the way slightly if you're trying to get him to hold the cannon out from his body as well as up, but then you can use his forearm joint to tilt his cannon slightly to the side, avoiding the gunbarrel.

11. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I meant the actual chest piece, when transforming him from gun to robot, I've heard that excessive force is needed to pull the chest piece up.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    With mine it tends to vary; sometimes a sharp pull is necessary, but I've never had to put so much force into it that I felt like it was going to break. Actually, that goes for every joint on him.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My response still stands: excessive force is not required. At least when you know what you're doing.

I struggled with that the first time changing him back to robot, as I thought I had jammed something. Nope, just that I was fighting against two locking mechanisms at the same time.

Start by edging up one side of the chest, which'll click out of place, and the follow up by edging up the other side. There's two sliding tracks, each of which has a little burr to hold the assemblies down in gun mode (you'll know what I mean if you see it). It's really easy if you just wiggle the chest free instead of forcing it.

14. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hmm, Interesting, I may yet put in that order afterall.

Another thing that worried me about importing him was something a friend told me about a week ago.
    I was told that due to new UK gun laws, it was illegal to import replica weapons, which I assumed MP Megs would come under.

Luckily, I was snooping around for more info on the BBC's website, and apparently, they overruled theban, as it would be far to difficult to impose.

So yeah, I might just get him afterall.

Draven, how much did yours cost for the figure + shipping to the UK, so I know an average price margin?

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Excessive compared to what ? Just grasp it as close to the joint as possible and there shouldn't be any problems. As long as you handle it with care, it's not going to break.

16. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I haven't seen him for much less than 70 quid from online stores, some places (ebay) have put their prices up over the past few weeks, - you may be able to find him cheaper from japanese or american online stores.

As for his sturdyness I think he's fine - the only part on mine that was way too tight was the neck joint - his head popped off when I was trying to get that loose.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    glad you got em.

FYI, a 'im not a nutcase' disclaimer, is a sure fire way to tell someone IS a nutcase, statistically speaking.

18. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ordered mine form a UK online store, so I didn't have any problems with customs.

Total with shipping came to just under £70.
    Unfortunatly the place I got him from has sold out.

19. helix

helix Well-Known Member

if customs wasnt an isse maybe the US would be an ideal place to get him from given the recent favourable exchange rate

20. Absurdicus

Absurdicus Ridiculous G2 Combiner

You the viewer, will decide! ;) 

Anyhow, I started transform last night. Two tips so far:

A Letter opener is your friend. Use this to get in some of those joints, unless your fingers are thin sticks made of metal. This REALLY helped loosen up the head joint, which was crazy.

Watch out for those shoulder joints/45 degree angle pieces! Popped one out with too much force, and it bruised my finger tip. Yowza. Haven't been hurt by a TF since I stepped on a seeker in 84.

Still working on the legs. The sliding joints seem way tight. Not sure if I can loosen anything to fix that, but we'll see. We're in day 2 of transforming him (had to go to bed before finishing- LOL)