I have lost all hope in humanity...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetroPlex, Feb 6, 2007.

1. MetroPlex

MetroPlex Pyroz Playground

Ok, when you see someone pushing a full-size car down the street (in what's cold for miami = 65 degrees) by themselves, what do you do?
    Do you:
    A) Get out of your fucking car, and help them for just a little bit, because you're running late to your shopping date.
    B) Get out of your fucking car, and help them out until they reach the fucking gas station, because the helpers know how much it sucks to push a huge car down the street.
    C) Do what they did, which is honk and curse at them and keep following them while they push their car running out of strength, until going around the broken-down car with a face showing all the evil they have in their hearts, because I WAS NOT PUSHING THE CAR FAST ENOUGH, which made them late for their HAPPY-FUCKING-HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What tha fuck! I stopped being nice to people in traffic, no more letting anyone in, especially all the people who honked and cursed, because apparently I have a photographic memory!
    One guy was walking, although the other way, on his phone... this fucker asked me if I needed help, then said "I'm kinda busy right now, though, sorry."
    BUSY!? BEING A LITTLE BITCH!? I've been pushing this car from 183rd street and we're on 191st. And you're busy walking the other way, because you're on your damn phone!? Up yours you bastard! When you're in need, and no one will help you, you'll remember me, and your little too busy crap!
    Anyway, finally got that thing to the gas station almost 10 streets and 35 minutes later.
    Only one guy actually helped me push the car up the little hill the station is on.
    But damn people! WTF! Why do people have to honk? Can they not see that something is obviously wrong with the car? Why? And it's not like I look like I'm having fun, or there's a "camera guy" somewhere around, or I'm laughing and having a giggle looking at the people whose days I've screwed up by being in their way... Oh my oh me, I am sooo friggin' sorry that my unfortunate misfortune happened right in front of you, while you were on the way to your friend's house with new gossip! Oh please, be my guest, tell them what annoying thing happened to you on your way there! Seriously, be my guest, tell them what an asshole some guy was being in your way, while your precious time was being wasted, and you had to do nothing else but honk at him, thinking that maybe it would make him push the damn car faster! Really no offense to anyone, but the rich-never-worked-a-day-in-their-lives-daddy's-and-mommy's-little-precious-spoiled-girls and boys that have friggin' BMWs and Benz's, and Maserattis are getting on my nerves! "Like OMIGOD! Why can't he just like push the car on the curb, so we could like, you know like, go!? Like OMIGOD, like why does he have to hold up everyone in this right lane, cause like his car sucks, and like, stuff!? Like Ohhh Myyy Goddd! Why does God hate me? Why? Oh my God, he probably gonna like ask me for like, money or something, for like gas, I should call my daddy, so he could like do something about this asshole and his stupid cheap car!"
    Sorry, I just really can't stand those people... it's those and the "winter guests" mostly rich old jewish canadians, not the nice ones either, because there are some that are nice to people. I'm talking about the ones (mostly women) who dress like they're 20 and they really are about 80. And that put all the makeup and jewerly that they have in their possetion on, and think they're just *tha shit*! Those are the ones who were honking at me throught the whole time I was pushing the car. And whenever I looked back at them with an obvious question mark over my head, they would actually look me straight in the face, and wave their hands around like "Why are you in my way?"
    All hope is lost... I don't care anymore. Although I will pull over, get out and help the next guy in the same crap as I was in today, the next time I see it. Be sure of that. As I always have. I'll keep doing that. But no more letting people cut in, nothing like that. Photographic memory is such great asset.

P.S. In case anyone's wondering... it's a 2002 dodge intrepid.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That bugs me too, when you see someone that can use a hand, and people just ,
    drive on by.
    I like when your trying to pull out from a gas station and some lady just pulls up and blocks you in on purpose, while LOOKING THE OTHER WAY like la, da,da

Fuck I need Spy hunter's car

3. MetroPlex

MetroPlex Pyroz Playground

hehe
    That actually cheered me up! ;]

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Metroplex: sorry to hear that , dude. i once had that happen.
    Chaos Muffin : i totally agree.

i try to help out people if they're having car trouble..

like the other weekend, some friends and i were going to the mall.I was driving by the way.. so anyways, i see this older guy on the side of the road with his four-ways on.. i pull over meanwhile my friends are yelling at me because they want to get to the mall..( They can be so damn inconsiderate ) i pull over and ask the man if i could help out..he tells me his battery died...luckily i carry some jumper cables in the trunk of my car. i give him a jump...

as his car crept back to life, he told me that he'd been on the side of the road for 10 hrs..and no one helped him out. He said "Thank you" and actually hugged me. I replied "No problem" and we were off.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Damn Metroplex, that blows. However the fact that you would help someone in the same situation gives youthe right to be permanently smug in the knowledge that you are a FAR better human being that any of the assholes who gave you shit. Kudos to you, sir.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

This reminds me of a story a co-worker told me:

While the plane he was on was in the process of landing a passenger aboard the plane had a heart attack.

The pilots had radioed to the control tower to send an ambulance to the runway so the man could get immediate medical attention.

So, the plane lands and the pilot (captain?) comes on the the intercom and informs the passengers to please stay in your seats, that paramedics are boarding the plane to get a passenger who has had a heart attack.

He hears groans coming from all around the plane, which turn into, people saying, "Oh great." and "This is bull." and "THIS IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO HAPPEN."

Then people start getting up! They are blocking the paramedics from getting to the guy because they are in the fucking isles of the plane! There is loud shouting and a few people have to be physically persuaded to get back into their seats.

All the while there is still a chorus of bitching coming from the back of the plane and overheard cellphone conversations with phrases like, "Can you believe they won't let us off the plane." and "Oh fucking great, JUST GREAT."

The guy always ends this story with, "And that's why I hate people."

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, both stories incredibly suck. Fucking people and their whole "holier than thou" attitude. Makes me sick. Actually it makes me want to punch somebody.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    In my experience, I have found that PEOPLE = JERKS in the vast majority of cases. Everyone thinks they are the be all and end all of existence.

I'm not like that and it bugs me that so many other people are. I would certainly have helped MetroPlex push his car. I have helped other people push cars before and it's not so fucking difficult to spare a few minutes of your time.

Unfortunately, most people only care about themselves. Such is life in this day.

9. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Sucks man. I guess I have good friends because we as a group usually help people out. I mean obvious events like a guy on a motorcycle wiping out in front of you should be a no brainer. There was one time we saw a guys hubcap fly off so we pulled over, grabbed it, and raced after him so we could drive alongside him and pass him his missing piece.

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Bizarre, time-delayed, double post.

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    In Canada's defense, we don't really like those 'snowbirds' any more than you.

I jump on the opportunity to push a stalled car, because I like helping people, and I love showing off. I once deadlifted the back end of a Corolla, and there were four people inside.

12. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Hey MetroPlex, just remember: instant karma is going to get you. My name is Earl.

13. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was going to read your wall of text, but I can't be bothered right now, sorry.

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but I'll be honest...I don't stop any more. Why? About 3 years ago my uncle saw someone pushing a stalled car, he stopped to help. The guy inside the car doing the steering juped out with a bat, they beat my uncle so bad he had to be hospitalized and robbed him (also stole his identity...got a bunch of new credit cards with the info they got) they did a number stripping his car and left in their car which was in perfect working order. My uncle still isn't the same physically as he was before he tried to be a good samaritan.

15. less_of_me

less_of_me Active Member

I don't see that as an "holier than thou" attitude. It is more self consumed than anything else..

16. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

One time on the highway my Dad stopped to ask a stalled car if they needed help. They said sure, and reached up to grab something in the visor. He saw a flash of metal and just drove off.

17. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i don't understand people. metroplex, i know what u mean i was on my way to work one day and the clutch in my car went bad and i was stuck, and i sat there for a hour and the only people who stopped were my wife who came to pick me up. there was a line of about 5-6 cars behind me who did nothing but honk and cuss me. i was like, there are 2 other lanes here, and my emergency flashers are on, just go around. but people would continually pull up behind me and start honking. in fact my wife got behind my car and had to direct traffic before they would stop pulling up behind me and honking.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Why didn't you just walk to the station and get a gallon of gas to bring back to the car? They'll sell you a container if you don't have one on you.

19. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

That has to suck.

20. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinking that. I know your cars a Dodge, but doesn't your gas gauge work?