I have DESTROYED my right knee.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, May 24, 2007.

1. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

My right knee started bugging me a few years ago, after years of not hurting it. All I did was ride in the back of a car, when it started bugging me. No idea what I did to it.

Last weekend we started rebuilding our fence. My left knee has been bugging me most of the week. (left side aches, expecially coming down the stairs) Oddly, my right knee has felt fine. It just still likes to make funny noises.

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Someone else posted about chest pains recently. Who was that?

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Get your knee checked now anyway d00d. Better to be safe that sorry, and so on.

4. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Sounds like you don't have enough synovial fluid in your knee.
    Mite need to get it checked out though.
    Even if it gets better the problem will still be there,and it'll get worse as you get older.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oof D_C. I've got a bit o' family knee issues. If I do a decent amount of walking and/or squatting and lifting my knees start getting rather achey. Once or twice I've hyper-extended my right knee, and now invariably if one knee's going to bump or hit anything, it's the right knee.

6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Eh? You need to seek medical attention ASAP.
    The longer you wait, the worst it might get.
    Cartilage takes either forever to heal or never will heal.
    And from the sound of it, you might have pull something.
    Or it could be Lyme disease or a tick borne disease. Don't know where you live but still, something to think about.

I had Lyme disease, both my knees blew out. It's not funny. Get it checked out ASAP.

7. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    m girlfriend knee bothers her... my cousin got her operated on her legs and feet are swollen.. not to bad

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds like a country song.

an x-treme country song.

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

D_C I echo the statements of going to the doctor. If anything it might not be as bad as you may think. It could be some sort of inflamation which could be handled by ice and Celebrex. But better safe then sorry. And as someone with knee problems I suggest biking around as a sort of physiotherepy for your knee. Without the impact of walking/running

You sound like me aksmth

With the exception that I can blast my legs in the gym and squat 10 plates. And never have problems. And this past winter I tweaked my right knee (the sensitive one) a few times

10. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Similar story.

My toe started hurting back in November of 2006. It hurt bad. It caused me to limp when I walked. When I stood up, I had a shooting pain from my toe all the way up my leg. I wanted to die half the time.

Then it just went away.

I have no idea what I did to it. Pinched nerve? Maybe, but those are usually sharp bursts when you move it, this was a dull ache half the time. I don't know. It's strange.

11. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    You are lucky it's only one knee, both of mine are bad. I have hyperextended my left and smashed my right with a door frame while running around a corner. My left knee will hurt if I do alot of strenuous activities and my right sounds like a gravel road when it bends with pressure on it, though oddly it never really hurts that often. This also contributes to the reason why I'm a bigger guy, though I'm not that bad for my body type and height.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get a cane and walk like a pimp.

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    or be a grumpy doctor like House...House rules!

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    amputate the leg and wear a pegleg! arr.

15. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Maybe its a cist? That happened to a friend of mine...that shit was weird...especially since his foot looked normal.

17. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Want to know something disturbing? If I brace the lower part of my left leg, I can pop my knee. My left shoulder is also really loose, and after a few dislocations it is pretty bad now. I may need another surgery eventually. Oh well.

I had a car accident that messed up my left shoulder, and my right knee. I had to have a lateral release done on the right knee, and a torn labrum repaired in my left shoulder. Although it isn't much consolation, Dark Convoy, knee pain is NOTHING compared to shoulder pain or severe neuropathic pain. I've had the distinct displeasure of having shoulder, knee, and live daily with neuropathic and muscoloskeletal pains in my back and sides. I feel your pain, and hope and pray it goes away soon for you.

18. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

You know, that's not all that disturbing.

19. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I can also pop my leg ankle, hip and even dislocate my left shoulder at will. HURTS like HELL but I can do it. It hurts even worse when I'm not trying to do it, such as when I was stretching last year while at work (okay, showing off my flexibility by putting my legs behind my head) or lifting the box of tile last year. Now, if I move my arm right it literally pops out. It makes lovely popping and grinding noises when I move it around. The thought of another shoulder surgery scares me to no end, but it will have to wait until my current condition is better.

DC, dude, take care of yourself and your family. Get it checked, but in the meantime stay at the OTC level of Ibuproferen (as on the box/bottle) until the doctor clears you for a higher dose. Ibuproferen can KILL your stomach especially if you are sensitive to it. My Canadian counterpart, Shaun_C, suggested Celebrex but I had a bad experience with it. Talk it over with your doctor and try to see if you tolerate it. For some it has been a lifesaver.

20. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Celebrex is a little tough to come by here due to its controversial nature of causing excess bleeding and heart problems. But yeah, all signs point to getting it checked out. Out of curiousity, have you ever had gout? It can manifest in the knee as well as pseudogout, which is a buildup of calcium crystals.