I have DESTROYED my right knee.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, May 24, 2007.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I have no idea how I did it, I have not fallen on it, twisted it or anything.

I chaperoned a field trip to the zoo for my 2nd son's class and by the end of the day my right knee was killing me, it was so excruciating that every step I took I felt like I was going to puke, I have a high tolerance for pain, but this was bad.

I got home and realized my knee had swollen considerably, at this point I had to be to work within an hour and of course I had machines down all night and ended up being on the production floor all night fixing shit, not good for my knee.

This morning I bought a knee brace and it seems to be helping, it keeps my leg stiff when I walk so now I'm just walking slow but it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

I hoping the machines run well tonight so I can stay in my office and stay off of it.

If it doesn't get better in a few days I'll go to see the doctor.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It should hurt half as bad as the day before every day. If the pain stays the same or gets at all worse, go in. Dude, you've only got two knees.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

you might have twisted it or something. I would have it checked out.

4. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And here I thought the weak point of Convoy's were their midsection/stomach...Megatron will be pleased with this tidbit...mwuahahahaha

Though seriously, got that sucks x.x;; I can relate, when I was in middle school a 400 pound classmate of mine stepped on me during football. My knee was never the same after that point until I had surgery and physical therapy T_T

5. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I hope it gets better soon buddy...

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

i would get it checked out now. Injured knees can cause some serious problems later in life if not properly treated.

7. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Definitely keep an eye on it for the next few days. Use ice then heat along with plenty of Advil to keep the swelling down. I have HORRIBLE knees and actually have to wear knee braces to keep them stable during martial arts. So, I know how it's like to have knee pain. Just keep it easy if you can and I hope you get to feeling better.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Now my knee hurts. Foster's advice sounds good, if it does not feel better get it looked at. I have had wierd unexplained injuries before too. Best I could figure was I spaz out in my sleep. I hate to ask it-Are you getting old? :p 

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Knees are a bastard, one of mine still aches occasionally because I bent it back too far about 13 years ago by falling off a space hopper.

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Have you tried putting ice on it?

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sorry to hear about you knee DC, I busted my right one in high school hurts like a mother trucker I know. Get you a cane and then you can pimp walk.:thumb 

12. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Damn dude! I am recovering from a broken heel bone. Calcanouse fracture if you will. I work Construction on it everyday, I will feel pain for the rest of my life.

13. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

You might look into getting one of those knee cooler thingys. Basically, its a pouch that wraps around your knee and is connected to a cooler full of ice water. You raise the cooler, cold water goes in, you remove the hose, the water will eventually warm back up, at which point you re-attach the hose, let the water flow back into the cooler, then you allow the cold water to back into the pouch, repeat as needed. It works great. My wife uses it because both of her knees are pretty messed up with torn ACL's and what not. (I don't want to hear any of you making the obvious joke)

Its one of these things. http://www.medwing.com/product/11A.html

Usually insurance pays the cost.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You'll need that knee in 10 years when your boys are teens and you have to kick ass and keep them in line.

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

Ouch!! Sorry to hear that man.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

dude, a couple of weeks ago it was your heart, now it's your knee? you must've thrashed your body years ago. get it checked NOW! I've seen too many people with destroyed acl's and cartilage in their knees to know it's not safe to ignore dreadful knee pain.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You probably injured it when you were much younger and there was something about the repetitive motion during the field trip that aggravated it.

I would stay off it as much as you can and let it heal, but if it happens again, I would definitely see a doctor.

18. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Yeah man you need to get the fluid drained. I know you smoke so smoke em up man, kill some frustration on pain.

19. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Sorry to hear that, DC. Make sure you get it checked out ASAP, though-my dad had knee surgery a few years back, and to this day he has trouble walking up stairs. You do NOT want your knees to get messed up. Here's to a speedy recovery.

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My heart?

That was a few years ago.