I have Concept Bumblebees for sale

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Figured I would try to make a buck or two since I found a few of these at Kohl's. The price I have them on ebay for was for profit. If you are a TFW member and buy them, I will give free shipping.

Before you try to string me up for asking $30 shipped, let's break this down. They cost $12.99 plus tax at Kohl's. So that would be about $14. Priority flat rate shipping ( keeps me from having to get quotes ) with delivery confirmation cost just under $10. Paypal and ebay fees would be about another $3. That's $27 right there. The other $3 would be for my gas and trouble. I guess the demand must be dropping some as noone's biting at that price even though they had been going for more than that. Not like I would've made a killing. Only about $12.

If you want one, just click the "eBay" button under my avatar and hit "buy it now".

2. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    You could've just left them at Kohls. :( 

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    In other words... you're scalping.

2. eBay sellers aren't supposed to raise the prices of things to recoup their fees.

3. Your auction is $29.99 PLUS shipping for anyone NOT a member of TFW. So your justification of
    doesn't even slightly work. All you are actually doing is charging unsuspecting ebayers another $9.95.

Your description is PURE scalpspeak. Shit like this is WHY it's sold out everywhere, and you have the gall to try and convince parents you're doing them a favour by jacking up the price like this.

If you weren't a member of this board this would probably end up in a thread about yet another 08 BB scalper.
    Sorry man, but your justifications for gouging damn near $40 out of people on eBay have fallen on deaf ears.
    If you weren't you I would have already messaged you on eBay to ask what the fuck you thought you were doing. Consider me doing it here instead.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Man, that's just not cool... :( 

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    :(  I will never be able to afford a BB.

6. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta agree with Draven here. That's a pure scalpers auction. That would be expensive even for the UK!

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    LOL @ the scalper comments.

I bought 4 out of 20. So with 16 still on the shelves at the stores I bought them at, I sure am scalping. :rolleyes2 

Hos are they unsuspecting? I admitted I was trying to make $10 profit on ebay. They see the price, they see the shipping. How I am "cheating" anyone?

I put up the offer of free shipping on here so you guys would have a shot at them at near cost. Sure, they'd only cost you $10 in a wal-mart or target, but these were not bought at those stores. They had a slightly higher retail and then there is shipping and paypal fees to worry about. I can't afford to throw away money so therefore I can't take a loss just so you guys can get it for the same cost online as you would if you found it on the shelf. Man, people have unrealistic expectations. I broke it down in my first post. At best, I'm making $3 each here. It's not gouging when you look at what it costs me to buy them, list them, paypal fees, and ship them.

8. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    OK people. I'm gonna call some people out. Don't act like you never sold anything on eBay for a profit. That's bull shit, plain and simple. It's not like the guy bought 12 of them and put them all on eBay. There were still toys left on the shelves for the children. There will be plenty more where the ones he bought came from. You just need a little patience. Honestly people...we really need to come back to reality on what qualifies as scalping. BBTS sold a lot more of these than Insane Galvatron, so why aren't you screaming "SCALPER!" at them? I hate scalpers as much as the next guy (took some toys out of one guys shopping cart), but this is not a major offense.

9. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deleted after reading Moonstreaker's reply. I over reacted. :) 

10. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

A scalper buys up a large quantity of rare/limited items in order to yield a profit. Concept Bumblebee is a (currently) rare product. Insane Galavatron purchased four of them, in his own words, to yield a profit. In doing so, he has still created a limit on existing Bumblebees on the market. Thus by definition, Insane Galvatron is a scalper in this scenario.

As Draven previously stated, you aren't allowed to raise the fees in order to recoup your losses. And what's more angering is the fact you factored shipping into your buy it now price to start with, thus your additional charge for shipping is conning everyone else who isn't a TFW member.

People like to think they have a chance for winning something at a bargain. Your $40 Concept Bumblebees don't look nearly as desireable as an auction for a starting .99 cent auction for Concept Bumblebee with $8 shipping. Those will still end up costing $30 or more near the end. Although the demand exists, people still have their wits about them when it comes to making the initial purchase compared with other deals.

In the future I hope you avoid badmouthing scalpers, as you now have no room to talk.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's kinda sad when a lot of our other posters have been selling them here on the boards for cost or near cost.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you guys really need to lay off him. its his stuff, let him sell for how much he wants it.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    All the ones the scalpers bought are theirs too, right?

I don't think this is completely scalper-ish, but with all the talk of people hoarding and scalping '08 BB and all the animosity involved with that, a senior board member doing something like this just leaves a bad taste. I would avoid the practice entirely, just to avoid comments like IG is getting now. If I DID try it, I would at least not mention it on the boards.

But you're right, they are his, and he can sell them how he wants, but I think he should be prepared for and understand a little grumbling doing it this way.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  14. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Here is an example of non-scalping:

Another board member where I live ran across a couple of 08 BB at kohls. He PM'ed me and asked if I wanted one. After changing my shorts for dry ones, I responeded with a yes. I met the board member at his work and purchased it at cost. Hell, he even showed me the receipt.

Considering how in demand 08 Bb is and how many other members here do not have them, even a few bucks for "for profit" is scalping.

15. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Yeesh. You bought four? Unless you have three children who can't share, I'd say that's pretty greedy. :( 

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Dumb move on my part, I should have charged you $3 for gas and trouble since I was going to Kohl's anyways to look. See how silly that sounds? I took the liberty of bolding it. Do the right thing man...Cost plus Shipping is a fair deal for your fellow fans.

17. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a great thought that maybe the reason I can't find ccbb on the shelf anywhere around here is because someone on some board somewhere bought them all and is shipping them across the country. So even aside from any scalping that you may or may not be doing, you're still also making it harder for the other people that went to that store looking for it.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He bought 4 of a very hard to find figure for $12.99 and is trying to sell them on eBay for $30. Plus shipping. That's pretty much the definition of scalping.
    Not only that; Other people on this board have been buying them and selling them to board members for what they paid.
    I stand by every single word I said, thankyouverymuch.

19. Snkbyt

Snkbyt Autobot

I actually ended up with three of them myself. I opened one for me, sold another to a board member here for cost+shipping, and I listed the third on ebay with the starting bid being what I paid for it plus shipping. I could really use the feedback on there. I think thats fair.

Surprisingly I haven't gotten one bid at all.

20. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know, to me the definition of scalping is going to multiple stores and buying up every single unit of a hard to find item multiple times a week, making sure that there's absolutely none left for anyone else to find.

I dunno, just sort of seems like people are taking out all their (to me rightful) anti-scalping anger on one guy who bought 4 of 12 in one location, which is piddly squat compared to what a lot of 'professional' scalpers are out there doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.