I have been scammed! I brought something that I thought was new. It's used.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ironman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Here's the e-mail that I sent to the ebay seller who scammed me:

Hi,

I picked up the item yesterday and brought it home. Today, I opened it up and noticed that the item is NOT BRAND NEW! It has been used. How do I know this? Well, for one, it had a noticeable wear on the hood of the car. Second, there are a lot of scratches on the roof of the car and many more wears and loose joints?

Are you serious? If you are going to sell an item online, please been honest about the description of it. I was honest enough to pay you for the used item that I thought that was brand new. I do not appreciate this at all. But I take half of the responsibility for purchasing the item online. That is the risk I took.

Because of this bad business transaction, I am going to give you negative feedback. Next time, be more honest with the description.

Thanks for nothing.

The problem is that I can't find Alternators at ANY departments stores. I am BEYOND PISSED! Who can I trust now?

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Ebay can be stupid.

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im sorry for ya bud, try the junkion ....whats the item # i think people here would like to see it :) 

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, they can be bad. Did he have a good feedback rating?

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that sucks, by the way alts have been out of stores for three years,

6. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you paid via paypal, dispute thru there and get yer $ back
    state the item is not in the condition it was claimed to be

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you sure it wasnt new? like, what was the condition of the tape holding the bubble to the box? the tape sealing it?

back when alternators were still in stores, I'd see ones on the shelf with bad paint all the time. especially the silver ones. scratches in the paint, scratched windshields, all these are actually kinda common with the line. Hell, my swerve had several stress marks before I opened the box.

8. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    uh you do know that Alternator's joints are usually loose right?

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    usually? I have 21 alternators, and the only ones with loose joints are the primes (knees), and skids (ankles).

10. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    got a link. I would like to know who it is.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah? link and why don't you try to work it out with the guy before the Negative feedback. Just return it, take your MISB money back and get another one.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cliche`...
    Link or it didn't happen!

I have been fortunate with Ebay (knock on wood) so based upon the seller's rating (if below 99.0, that was a risk you took, IMO) you should negotiate or file with PayPal.
    Unless things are really bad, negative feedbacks should be far down the list.

13. jclauterback

jclauterback Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    paypal always sides with the buyer.. i know this because i got scammed by some douche buyer. but all you have to do is file a claim with paypal saying the item was "significantly not as described" fill out all the info, from there the seller will either make you an offer or raise the claim to paypal, paypal will side with you pretty much no matter what, a paypal customer service agent even used these words with me "paypal will always side with the buyer" and refund your money as soon as you send the item back to the seller with delivery confirmation, hope this helps.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i've bought a few brand new in box/package transformers with loose joints; scuff marks; scratches; paint chips, letters missing; and so on before. if it was a sealed boxed toy and everything then it is very possible either A; it came that way from the factory; or B; you scratched it up yourself when you removed it from the twisty ties. which i have done myself on a few transformers on accident.

but in general if it was loose; then i have just come to expect when i buy transformers that the condition is going to be exaggerated a little bit. heck even bbts has exaggerated a little bit; my energon sixshot *sealed* came with a hole in the plastic of the winder that i didn't know about. but the toy still came sealed; and i was still happy with that. :) 

15. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I have a used Alt Ricochet for sale if you're interested :) 

That is really unfortunate if the item wasn't as described. Sometimes it's intentional on the part of the seller and sometimes the seller is just ignorant. It's annoying if someone claims something is complete or new or whatever but if they are just not aware they may be willing to try to make amends. Once I had someone describe some figures as complete and they were not. When I mentioned this they offered a refund.