I have been converted.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Feb 25, 2012.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wasn't really excited for the prime line when I first saw the toys.

Then I saw the wheeljack toy and I was like, "Well that's, that's just fine!"

Well I got him, and I also not have FE prime, FE starscream and FE BB and FE arcee.
    I also picked up RID soundwave, and Optimus prime.

I am LOVING these figures so far.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Good for you!:thumb  Wheeljack is an amazing figure and rest of the toys in the line are pretty darn cool like RID Arcee and Vehicon!

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of us. One of us.

4. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    forgot that I have FE arcee too.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I wish I could say the same.
    I snatched Soundwave out of a box- before it hit the shelves- and purchased it on sight.

After TF'ing it... he's going back to Wal Mart.

At this point, the only one I am waiting for is the Vehicon- and that's to customize. Maybe Arcee for the same reason.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Looks like you pretty much have most of the good ones, say for FE Bulkhead.

The rest of the line seems a bit down hill from here, though.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Damn it I want some PRID toys.

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I picked up a FE Bee toy because everyone kept saying how vastly superior he was to the PRID version. Yeah, that's crap. It's different and a lot more complex but it isn't some incredible toy that makes the PRID toy look like a cheap knock off Happy Meal toy.

Don't believe the hyperbole. The PRID toys are solid toys.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Agreed. As a toy RID Bee is vastly superior to FE Bee.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    It took me a while to jump on the bandwagon as well, and I still don't know if I am completely sold as all are either still on their way (FE Acree, FE Prime, FE Bulkhead, FE Vehicon, FE Cliffjumper), or still MOSC/MISB (all the rest). I have a feeling some rainy day I will just open them all and see what my final verdict is.

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    PRID Arcee gets my vocal support. She looks great in person and is super emotive.

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I have FE Arcee... and FE Bulkhead coming from China (occasionally forgetting about it helps make the way easier). Otherwise, i have PRiD Wheeljack, Soundwave, Megatron and Cliffjumper (in order of my opinion of awesomeness).

Wheeljack is just fantastic. I watched peaugh's video review and thought "Meh, looks pretty neat"... but having him in hand is so much better.

Soundwave is kinda boring to transform, but man, he just looks fantastic in either mode. And Laserbeak's integration is pretty awesome.

Megatron needs bicep swivels dammit!

Cliffjumper... ugh. It's like he TRIES to make you not like him. He's actually a pretty rockin' toy, but his bot mode is where all the problems are... he just looks... not very good. He's got the design elements... but those arms are awful. I don't like the facial expression. Hell... I just set him down out of the way on my desk to mess around with my Seacons - I look over and he looks like a zombie. He IS fun to transform, and alt mode is great... just be ready for an ugly bot.

So for me... 2/4 are awesome. 1/4 has one flaw, and Cliffjumper... is neither good nor bad. I give PRiD a thumbs up.

13. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

I've decided that I'm going to be about as picky with RiD as I was with Animated. I'll spare myself the obvious stinkers like BB, but I'll give a few of the others a shot. I got Cliff on a whim and love him, despite his faker chest and blatant inferiority to the FE. Wheeljack is love though, and I'm greatly looking forward to Soundwave, Ratchet, and Megatron. Prime and Bulkhead are iffy atm. And I'll pass on Arcee as well.

14. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Wasn't too into prime till I saw Wheeljack and the (eventually cancelled) FE Optimus... Probably had something to do with the one year lag before the line hit shelves, at least in my area. Two weeks ago stores started getting them here. Picked up Wheeljack (who is awesome) and Soundwave. on Valentine's day got RID OP and Megs. Optimus is actually a decent figure, very fun to fool around with and better than he's made out to be. Megatron is great, the clear purple plastic is actually a plus on him as far as I'm concerned. Two days ago got FE OP and FE Takara Bulkhead. All in now. I still like the RID OP but FE.... Is like plastic nirvana. Everything about him besides the sword screams awesomeness. If you have the scratch or can find him in your area, buy him now!
    But back to the topic, became a huge Prime fan almost overnight after mostly ignoring it for the last year.

15. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Call me crazy , but I just started watchin the Prime series this past month. Iv watched almost every season 1 ep. so far , an have Orian Pax part 1 and 2 on my DVR. Im hooked. For some reason the show reminds me alot of Beast Wars. Maybe its the CGI , or the core characters and there resemblance to those from the Bast Wars era , but im really loving the show. An so on that note , I had to get the figures , I have most of the Takara FE releases with the exception of Megs an CJ. Its the first time iv ever been a fan of ANY recent TF series since BW , an im totally lovin it! GO PRIME!